This Eze is another Okocha o.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: This Eze is another Okocha o.

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:
gochino wrote:
azuka wrote:
1naija wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Admittedly not the best performance by Eze. He has deservedly been subbed by Hodgson
Still the highest ranked player on his team based on BBC rating.
Being the highest ranked player on his team doesnt mean he was effective. You can score the highest in a class nobody got an A.
1naija wrote:Always trying to dribble when a simple pass would do.
My thoughts exactly after watching play a few matches now. He's a bundle of talent, but too Okocha-ish for my liking. I hope he cuts down on that.
But that's his job. If he gives a simple 2 meter safe pass each time he gets the ball, he
Would be" a Mikel @Chelsea " and that's not his job, his job is to be the creative head of the team and make something out of nothing. He did his job yesterday and was the highest rated player for Crystal Palace.

His job is to put his technical skills at the disposition of his team. Its about balance and decision making.

I like Eze. But he's still learning the game at an early stage of his career.
But we know Nigerians have no time for learning. Its a taboo.
At 22, with a massive 3 games at the top level, Eze is supposed to be the finished article - which is why they are comparing him to a fully developed Okocha. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: Naija eh! Anyway they are just football fans!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Nobody is denying his "potential ", what we're pointing out is the fact that he's an England player and not a Nigerian player. I'm sure you`re thinking one day he will wake up and walk into SE campq but the rest of us would rather face the reality that he is and will be an England player.
Kongi, you are wrong.
Nobody walks into the SE camp any more. Maybe Messi, sha.

But I fully agree with you that Eze has potential and that's what we are interested in.
We win some we lose some, but no need giving up before the race is over.
That is so unNigerian.

If and when he does plays for England, you can allow yourself to gloat if that does it for you.
For many of us, we'll simply move on to the next possibility. 8-)

If he decides for us, we will be quite happy and I'm damn sure you'll be happy too, even if you'll try and act neutral or uninterested. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Nobody is denying his "potential ", what we're pointing out is the fact that he's an England player and not a Nigerian player. I'm sure you`re thinking one day he will wake up and walk into SE campq but the rest of us would rather face the reality that he is and will be an England player.
Kongi, you are wrong.

But I fully agree with you that Eze has potential and that's what we are interested in.
That is so unNigerian.

If and when he does plays for England, you can allow yourself to gloat if that does it for you.

If he decides for us, we will be quite happy and I'm damn sure you'll be happy too, even if you'll try and act neutral or uninterested. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I remember being insulted for warning the believers about Tammy Abrahamar, they said he’s more Nigerian than me and that he listens to David.O and belongs to the same generation as Anthony Joshua
and they swore on his loyalty as if they spoke to him over their back garden fence,emotions don’t mean 5hit being realistic saves you a lot of time!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:Always trying to dribble when a simple pass would do.
:D :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kongi, you are wrong.

That is so unNigerian.

I remember being insulted for warning the believers about Tammy Abrahamar, they said he’s more Nigerian than me and that he listens to David.O and belongs to the same generation as Anthony Joshua
and they swore on his loyalty as if they spoke to him over their back garden fence,emotions don’t mean 5hit being realistic saves you a lot of time!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Everyone claims they were "insulted" for having a difference of opinion.
I doubt you were "insulted" any different or any worse than those that argued he could and would choose Nigeria.
The same "insults" some of us are enjoying even now on behalf of a non-committal Ebere Eze :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Basically, any so-called insults are not malicious and personally I don't see them that way i.e. as 'insults'.

Just yabbis from people passionate about their football and fully immersed in their beliefs. Its not as if anyone is on hunger strike or refusing to go to work over these players.

We are all fickle fans that cheer when we win and drown our sorrows in beer and women when we lose.
:D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Eze called up by England again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.completesports.com/crystal- ... 1-call-up/
Watch as the boy go quickly pack bag comot go England. For naija e go dey do yanga. Nonsense and ingredients. At least he will save us the embarrassment of idiott journalist and some fans talking about him like we have already capped him.
Last edited by highbury on Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Didn't we have an Ebere Eze play for us in recent times?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

highbury wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Eze called up by England again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.completesports.com/crystal- ... 1-call-up/
Watch as the boy go quickly pack bag comot go England. For naija e go dey do yanga. Nonsense and ingredients. At least he will save us the embarrassment of idiott journalist and some fans talking about him like we have already capped him.
The boy was born and bred in England, The FA's organisation of their operations is first class.

NFF organisation of their operations is, to be generous, not exactly the best in the world.

As an example, go and ask Reuben Agboola how badly he was treated by the NFA when he wanted to collect his allowances and how he ended up leaving it for them.

He suppose do yanga for us well well. If to say NFF get sense, na beg he for dey beg dem say he wan play.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Eze having a good game. Being fouled against left right and centre.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i think 1naija should be banned m it is very upsetting such a mediocre player is compared to Jay Jay
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

DIMKA76 wrote:Eze having a good game. Being fouled against left right and centre.
You mean he was marked out of the game. Personally I feel his best performances will come from a central position (as an 8 or 10) and not as a winger.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

He was actually playing on the left side of the Midfield in a 442 and not as a winger. He is very comfortable on the ball and attracts lots of free kicks.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i think 1naija should be banned m it is very upsetting such a mediocre player is compared to Jay Jay
Let's be clear, he is better than Jay Jay. It's his aimless dribbling that's comparable to Jay Jay.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

gochino wrote:He was actually playing on the left side of the Midfield in a 442 and not as a winger. He is very comfortable on the ball and attracts lots of free kicks.
They play a flat 442 which makes the left side a winger role (some call it left midfield but its effectively the same). For me, to be effective as a wide player, he needs to play in a 433 (as a wide forward) but my gut tells me he will generally be more effective just inside the most wide player in an 8 role from a 4-1-4-1 formation or as a 10 behind the striker in a 4231. Hodgson doesn't favor a one striker formation so he will continue to grind away as a winger or 'wide midfielder' (same thing Hodgson did with Ruben Loftus Cheek when he had him on loan). He is not built in the mold of a Chukwuezi for instance who can play wide and still positively impact the attacking play with consistency due to speed and quickness combination.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

green4life wrote:
gochino wrote:He was actually playing on the left side of the Midfield in a 442 and not as a winger. He is very comfortable on the ball and attracts lots of free kicks.
They play a flat 442 which makes the left side a winger role (some call it left midfield but its effectively the same). For me, to be effective as a wide player, he needs to play in a 433 (as a wide forward) but my gut tells me he will generally be more effective just inside the most wide player in an 8 role from a 4-1-4-1 formation or as a 10 behind the striker in a 4231. Hodgson doesn't favor a one striker formation so he will continue to grind away as a winger or 'wide midfielder' (same thing Hodgson did with Ruben Loftus Cheek when he had him on loan). He is not built in the mold of a Chukwuezi for instance who can play wide and still positively impact the attacking play with consistency due to speed and quickness combination.
Yeah True! Noticed he kept cutting into the middle where there was more space to operate. Would have been nice to have such a player for the eagles as right now we don't have players that can hold onto the ball for at least 30 secs.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

In professional football have you seen any player hold the ball up to 5 secs at a time without passing?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ok maybe 30 secs is too much but the point is we need someone to hold onto the ball when necessary to give us more ball possession.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

For those of us with real job, who is this Eze Okocha? :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Guys, let's ignore any reference to a job by those who have refused to get one in 62 years... :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote:Guys, let's ignore any reference to a job by those who have refused to get one in 62 years... :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Uncle 1NaijaPuppi, thanks for your elderly words. We've been doing that but this thread appears interesting :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Any player that is never in a hurry to move the ball along but gives himself space and time to think first in the EPL (probably the quickest league in the world) should never be underestimated. Eberechi Eze will come good. He is still young and learning.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Goldleaf wrote:Any player that is never in a hurry to move the ball along but gives himself space and time to think first in the EPL (probably the quickest league in the world) should never be underestimated. Eberechi Eze will come good. He is still young and learning.

Yeah, that's why they are topping the league table.