Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54716
Location: United Kingdom
4-3-3:

*****************************************Onuachu**********************************

*****************Kalu********************************Chukwueze******************

****************************************Iwobi (c)***********************************

*****************************Ejuke*************Onyeka****************************

***Sanusi**************Akpoguma***************Ajayi****************Ebuehi***

****************************************Yakubu**************************************

My justification:

[1] None of the other goalkeepers is seeing regular first team action at the top flight, so Matthew Yakubu's position was never going to be in question

[2] Now that he is back to full fitness, Tyronne Ebuehi will get the nod over Ola Aina at rightback any day

[3] Zaidu Sanusi is also the only real leftback in Austria

[4] With Ekong playing in the English Championship and Omeruo playing the Spanish second tier, they are both clearly not as good as we thought they were. Ekong in particular needs to realise that his actions are unacceptable as having Nigeria's skipper play in the second tier of English football is an insult to 200m Super Eagles fans. He should ask himself if that would be acceptable in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc. Would they ever tolerate their skipper playing in the second division?

[5] Awaziem too could only get a loan deal to lowly Boavista, while Balogun is way past his best. At a time when clubs are desperate for centrebacks, I am perplexed that our boys are not picking offers out of their teeth. This just tells me that we hype our players way beyond how good they are

[6] Only Semi Ajayi and Kevin Akpoguma are playing regular top flight football at the moment. I would use these two matches to build a solid central defensive partnership between then. If anyone wants to challenge for a spot, they should go and sort out their club situation first

[7] In the absence of Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo we have no other options in central midfield other than Ejuke and Onyeka. This would actually be a great opportunity to see how good they are. I would later bring on 18 year old Samson Tijani for either of them to see how he copes

[8] In the absence of Kelechi Nwakali and Ebere Eze, Alex Iwobi is the only playmaker we have. Being the most senior and most recognised player in the squad, I would give him the armband

[9] With Osimhen not around, the fight for the number nine shirt was always going to be a two-horse race between Dessers and Onuachu. I would start with Onuachu because of his current blistering form

[10] Out wide, Chukwueze and Kalu are by far our two best players. For me, only Henry Onyekuru can really challenge either of them

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5552
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40051
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


Na Ayo now...he’s trying to generate discourse by being ‘shocking’ :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14470
************************************OKOYE****************************************


AINA*********************AKPOGUMA************AJAYI**********************SANUSI



**************************ONYEKA*************AGU*******************************



***********************************IWOBI****************************************


CHUKWUEZE******************************************************************KALU


*************************************ONUACHU************************************



SUBS

DESSERS FOR ONUACHU
EJUKE FOR KALU/CHUKWUEZE
TIJANI FOR ONYEKA
EBUEHI FOR AINA
YAKUBU FOR OKOYE



Final chance for Onuachu. He has so far proved a dud for SE, if he cannot seize this moment, we should put him away for a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5552
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
How i think Rohr will start

Okoye
Ebuehi
Ekong
Ajayi
Aina
Agu
Onyeka
Iwobi
Samu
Kalu
Kelechi (Dessers)

How I would start

Okoye
Aina
Ajayi
Balogun
Sanusi
Agu
Onyeka
Iwobi
Samu
Kalu
Dessers

Onuachu was a late late call up. I dont see him starting the first game. Maybe the Tunisia game. I also dont expect Akpoguma to feature at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3535
Kelechi will start ahead of Onuachu.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54716
Location: United Kingdom
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14470
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40051
Location: Land of the Terrapins
vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


:rotf: :rotf: Okoye I hear is gonna be our starting striker :bump:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:52 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16065
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


it wont happen under ****, but its not something that another coach will not try. Several coaches, including Pep played with 433 and 3 no 10s in the middle 3 and only 1 DM.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2766
That is not true, Agu has started at those clubs except at Porto. Ejuke as a CM/DM? Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole. Ejuke is a very good winger that can dribble and score goals, why waste him in an unfamiliar withdrawn role. He may be able to play as an AM, but I certainly wouldn't play him in a position in which he is required to do a lot of defending.

I would start Agu. I would even start Ajayi and young inexperienced Tijani as CM/DMs before Ejuke.

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Last edited by olu on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2766
It's funny to me how all of a sudden some people are saying Ekong, Omeruo, and Awazeim are not good enough because they have taken a step down clubwise. I guess they forgot how to defend in a space of 2 months.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
4-3-3:

*****************************************Onuachu**********************************

*****************Kalu********************************Chukwueze******************

****************************************Iwobi (c)***********************************

*****************************Ejuke*************Onyeka****************************

***Sanusi**************Akpoguma***************Ajayi****************Ebuehi***

****************************************Yakubu**************************************

My justification:

[1] None of the other goalkeepers is seeing regular first team action at the top flight, so Matthew Yakubu's position was never going to be in question

[2] Now that he is back to full fitness, Tyronne Ebuehi will get the nod over Ola Aina at rightback any day

[3] Zaidu Sanusi is also the only real leftback in Austria

[4] With Ekong playing in the English Championship and Omeruo playing the Spanish second tier, they are both clearly not as good as we thought they were. Ekong in particular needs to realise that his actions are unacceptable as having Nigeria's skipper play in the second tier of English football is an insult to 200m Super Eagles fans. He should ask himself if that would be acceptable in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc. Would they ever tolerate their skipper playing in the second division?

[5] Awaziem too could only get a loan deal to lowly Boavista, while Balogun is way past his best. At a time when clubs are desperate for centrebacks, I am perplexed that our boys are not picking offers out of their teeth. This just tells me that we hype our players way beyond how good they are

[6] Only Semi Ajayi and Kevin Akpoguma are playing regular top flight football at the moment. I would use these two matches to build a solid central defensive partnership between then. If anyone wants to challenge for a spot, they should go and sort out their club situation first

[7] In the absence of Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo we have no other options in central midfield other than Ejuke and Onyeka. This would actually be a great opportunity to see how good they are. I would later bring on 18 year old Samson Tijani for either of them to see how he copes

[8] In the absence of Kelechi Nwakali and Ebere Eze, Alex Iwobi is the only playmaker we have. Being the most senior and most recognised player in the squad, I would give him the armband

[9] With Osimhen not around, the fight for the number nine shirt was always going to be a two-horse race between Dessers and Onuachu. I would start with Onuachu because of his current blistering form

[10] Out wide, Chukwueze and Kalu are by far our two best players. For me, only Henry Onyekuru can really challenge either of them


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14470
According to OWngoal they lined up today as such

A Team

Okoye
Aina
Akpobuma
Troost
Collins
Onyeka
Agu
Iwobi
Simon
Onuachu
Chukwueze

B Team

Alampasu
Ebuehi
Balogun
Awaziem
Sanusi
Ajayi (midfield )
Tijani
Ejuke
Musa
Dessers
Kalu


midway through Ajayi switched teams and replaced Akpobuma in defence.

Going by this

Rohr is to decide between Ajayi and Akpobuma to partner Troost in defence. Looking like it will be Akpobuma.

Iheanacho has dropped out completely it seems
Omeruo is now the lowest pecking order of the CB's
Okoye is #1
Rohr loves Simon. I guess the defensive side of his game may win out.
Zaidu has not yet displaced Collins
Onuachu may get a chance to start and prove himself


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49349
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
4-3-3:

*****************************************Onuachu**********************************

*****************Kalu********************************Chukwueze******************

****************************************Iwobi (c)***********************************

*****************************Ejuke*************Onyeka****************************

***Sanusi**************Akpoguma***************Ajayi****************Ebuehi***

****************************************Yakubu**************************************



Any ideas the number of subs they have agreed to use for this game?

I think Rohr should start with his starters and introduce the new boys.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10225
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
4-3-3:

*****************************************Onuachu**********************************

*****************Kalu********************************Chukwueze******************

****************************************Iwobi (c)***********************************

*****************************Ejuke*************Onyeka****************************

***Sanusi**************Akpoguma***************Ajayi****************Ebuehi***

****************************************Yakubu**************************************

My justification:

[1] None of the other goalkeepers is seeing regular first team action at the top flight, so Matthew Yakubu's position was never going to be in question

[2] Now that he is back to full fitness, Tyronne Ebuehi will get the nod over Ola Aina at rightback any day

[3] Zaidu Sanusi is also the only real leftback in Austria

[4] With Ekong playing in the English Championship and Omeruo playing the Spanish second tier, they are both clearly not as good as we thought they were. Ekong in particular needs to realise that his actions are unacceptable as having Nigeria's skipper play in the second tier of English football is an insult to 200m Super Eagles fans. He should ask himself if that would be acceptable in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc. Would they ever tolerate their skipper playing in the second division?

[5] Awaziem too could only get a loan deal to lowly Boavista, while Balogun is way past his best. At a time when clubs are desperate for centrebacks, I am perplexed that our boys are not picking offers out of their teeth. This just tells me that we hype our players way beyond how good they are

[6] Only Semi Ajayi and Kevin Akpoguma are playing regular top flight football at the moment. I would use these two matches to build a solid central defensive partnership between then. If anyone wants to challenge for a spot, they should go and sort out their club situation first

[7] In the absence of Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo we have no other options in central midfield other than Ejuke and Onyeka. This would actually be a great opportunity to see how good they are. I would later bring on 18 year old Samson Tijani for either of them to see how he copes

[8] In the absence of Kelechi Nwakali and Ebere Eze, Alex Iwobi is the only playmaker we have. Being the most senior and most recognised player in the squad, I would give him the armband

[9] With Osimhen not around, the fight for the number nine shirt was always going to be a two-horse race between Dessers and Onuachu. I would start with Onuachu because of his current blistering form

[10] Out wide, Chukwueze and Kalu are by far our two best players. For me, only Henry Onyekuru can really challenge either of them

I totally agree with you on No 4.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54716
Location: United Kingdom
I hope you are all watching the Spain vs Portugal game. Both coaches have been brave as at least half of their teams are youngsters.

They playing alongside veterans like Ronaldo, Pepe, Busquet, etc. I hope Rohr will be that brave tomorrow.

As a Leeds United fan I am also watching Spain closely as two of our boys are in the Spanish starting line-up. The centreback Llorente and the striker Rodrigo.

Marcelo Bielsa bought two centrebacks this summer - Llorente and the German international Koch. I ask myself how come such coaches were not interested in Ekong when Udinese made it clear he was surplus to requirements.

At least 15 English Premier League clubs bought centrebacks during this window and not one of them even cast a glance in the direction of Ekong, Awaziem and Omeruo. This is enough to tell me that Akpoguma and Ajayi are the future.

Why would Fulham opt to buy Adarabioyo instead of Ekong, Awaziem or Omeruo? This window has exposed the true value of some of our players as far as I am concerned.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am
Posts: 503
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I hope you are all watching the Spain vs Portugal game. Both coaches have been brave as at least half of their teams are youngsters.

They playing alongside veterans like Ronaldo, Pepe, Busquet, etc. I hope Rohr will be that brave tomorrow.

As a Leeds United fan I am also watching Spain closely as two of our boys are in the Spanish starting line-up. The centreback Llorente and the striker Rodrigo.

Marcelo Bielsa bought two centrebacks this summer - Llorente and the German international Koch. I ask myself how come such coaches were not interested in Ekong when Udinese made it clear he was surplus to requirements.

At least 15 English Premier League clubs bought centrebacks during this window and not one of them even cast a glance in the direction of Ekong, Awaziem and Omeruo. This is enough to tell me that Akpoguma and Ajayi are the future.

Why would Fulham opt to buy Adarabioyo instead of Ekong, Awaziem or Omeruo? This window has exposed the true value of some of our players as far as I am concerned.

None of this logic is sound at all. I don't know how anyone can analyze footballers just from which club they play for. Ajayi is about the same age as Omeruo and Ekong and a few years older than Awaziem (Awaziem is younger than Akpougma and the same age as Adarabioyo as well), but is now the "future" because he plays for the worst side in the Premier League instead of one of the top clubs in the Championship. What kind of nonsense?

Let us just be happy we have some depth and competition at the position.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54716
Location: United Kingdom
olu wrote:
That is not true, Agu has started at those clubs except at Porto. Ejuke as a CM/DM? Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole. Ejuke is a very good winger that can dribble and score goals, why waste him in an unfamiliar withdrawn role. He may be able to play as an AM, but I certainly wouldn't play him in a position in which he is required to do a lot of defending.

I would start Agu. I would even start Ajayi and young inexperienced Tijani as CM/DMs before Ejuke.

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Ejuke plays as a central midfielder for his club. He is a direct replacement for Joe Aribo.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2766
Not true. He played as a winger for Heerenven and has been used as a central forward at CSKA.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
That is not true, Agu has started at those clubs except at Porto. Ejuke as a CM/DM? Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole. Ejuke is a very good winger that can dribble and score goals, why waste him in an unfamiliar withdrawn role. He may be able to play as an AM, but I certainly wouldn't play him in a position in which he is required to do a lot of defending.

I would start Agu. I would even start Ajayi and young inexperienced Tijani as CM/DMs before Ejuke.

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Ejuke plays as a central midfielder for his club. He is a direct replacement for Joe Aribo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54716
Location: United Kingdom
olu wrote:
Not true. He played as a winger for Heerenven and has been used as a central forward at CSKA.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
That is not true, Agu has started at those clubs except at Porto. Ejuke as a CM/DM? Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole. Ejuke is a very good winger that can dribble and score goals, why waste him in an unfamiliar withdrawn role. He may be able to play as an AM, but I certainly wouldn't play him in a position in which he is required to do a lot of defending.

I would start Agu. I would even start Ajayi and young inexperienced Tijani as CM/DMs before Ejuke.

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Ejuke plays as a central midfielder for his club. He is a direct replacement for Joe Aribo.


Watch him play as a central midfielder: https://youtu.be/Rg5Sg3JqdVc

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2766
You do realize he was operating from the wings in most of those clips.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
Not true. He played as a winger for Heerenven and has been used as a central forward at CSKA.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
That is not true, Agu has started at those clubs except at Porto. Ejuke as a CM/DM? Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole. Ejuke is a very good winger that can dribble and score goals, why waste him in an unfamiliar withdrawn role. He may be able to play as an AM, but I certainly wouldn't play him in a position in which he is required to do a lot of defending.

I would start Agu. I would even start Ajayi and young inexperienced Tijani as CM/DMs before Ejuke.

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Ejuke plays as a central midfielder for his club. He is a direct replacement for Joe Aribo.


Watch him play as a central midfielder: https://youtu.be/Rg5Sg3JqdVc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40051
Location: Land of the Terrapins
olu wrote:
Not true. He played as a winger for Heerenven and has been used as a central forward at CSKA.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
That is not true, Agu has started at those clubs except at Porto. Ejuke as a CM/DM? Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole. Ejuke is a very good winger that can dribble and score goals, why waste him in an unfamiliar withdrawn role. He may be able to play as an AM, but I certainly wouldn't play him in a position in which he is required to do a lot of defending.

I would start Agu. I would even start Ajayi and young inexperienced Tijani as CM/DMs before Ejuke.

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Chidera Ejuke at the base of midfield when Agu is there?


We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Ejuke plays as a central midfielder for his club. He is a direct replacement for Joe Aribo.


You guys have fallen into uncle Ayo's trap :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54716
Location: United Kingdom
olu wrote:
You do realize he was operating from the wings in most of those clips.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
Not true. He played as a winger for Heerenven and has been used as a central forward at CSKA.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We are talking about a 27-year old who has repeatedly been given the opportunity to shine but has failed to deliver time and time again. Just look at the trajectory of his career in Portugal and you will see that you are on a hiding to nothing.

When over an eight year period, a player goes from Porto to Vitória de Setúbal to Vitória de Guimarães, all the time, unable to hold down a stating shirt, it is foolhardy to keep expecting anything from him at the age of 27. In contrast, Chidera Ejuke is only 22 and is already a regular at CSKA Moscow.



why not just stick Yakubu in there instead ?

Heard he had good ball playing skills.


Ejuke plays as a central midfielder for his club. He is a direct replacement for Joe Aribo.
[/quote]

Watch him play as a central midfielder: https://youtu.be/Rg5Sg3JqdVc[/quote][/quote]

Against Algeria, I would play Ejuke centrally just in front of Onyeka. I maintain that is his best and natural position.

Glasgow Rangers have played Aribo out wide too but that is not his natural position. Anyway, I trust Rohr would have watched him closely and will agree with me.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 64 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group