Some Stats on SE Appearances Since Rohr Has Been Manager

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Some Stats on SE Appearances Since Rohr Has Been Manager

Post by Enugu II »

Our interest here is to examine 39 players debuted by Gernot Rohr since he took over the reins as manager of the national team of Nigeria (see Table 1). We use this player data set to examine the following questions

1. Where are these players drawn from?

2. Stats on success rate of players debuted under Rohr.

3. Does a player's abode predict his staying power with the national team?
Nigerian-based players recorded an average of 23.57 minutes in their debut game which was usually an international friendly. The next lowest minutes at debut was for players developed abroad (30.22 minutes). Players developed in Nigeria but based abroad recorded the highest average minutes at debut (42.87). However, over the total number of appearances, locally-based player stats were the same 23.57 minutes because each played in only one game (Figure 2). This was a stark difference when compared to the other two groups. The players developed abroad recorded the highest total average minutes of 329.77 compared to 296.52 minutes each for players developed in Nigeria but based abroad.

See more at http://eaglecity.blogspot.com
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
denilson
Egg
Egg
Re: Some Stats on SE Appearances Since Rohr Has Been Manager

Post by denilson »

I thought Chidozie Awaziem made his debut under Keshi in a Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa that we lost. I don’t think he made his debut under Rohr.
What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.........Nahum 1: 9

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

denilson wrote:I thought Chidozie Awaziem made his debut under Keshi in a Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa that we lost. I don’t think he made his debut under Rohr.
denilson,

That loss to South Africa at home (Uyo), BTW, was a competitive game in which that Gernot Rohr was manager not Keshi. Awaziem had debuted before that game.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
denilson
Egg
Egg

Post by denilson »

Enugu II wrote:
denilson wrote:I thought Chidozie Awaziem made his debut under Keshi in a Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa that we lost. I don’t think he made his debut under Rohr.
Ohenhen1,

That loss to South Africa at home (Uyo), BTW, was a competitive game in which that Gernot Rohr was manager not Keshi. Awaziem had debuted before that game.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.
What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.........Nahum 1: 9