Nigeria 0 vs Algeria 1 Live!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs Algeria 1 Live!

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
olu wrote:I actually thought Iwobi played well. He had to come very deep because we were under so much pressure.
mapet wrote:Iwobi is not it. He has so terribly regressed. Could not carry the team in the midfield, passes so poor, we better start shopping for play maker
Iwobi tried like he usually does for Nigeria but he can’t inspire those around him and that’s not his fault.
Iwobi played well first half but was subpar second half...
It’s not the fault of “those around him” that he couldn’t complete basic passes.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bushboy wrote:We could have played for 2 weeks and not scored. I doubt the Algerian goalkeeper made a single save the entire game.
However, it is understandable with the missing players (Ndidi, Osimhen, Aribo). We had flashes, but not enough.
Balogun is no longer international quality. We desperately need the German kids (Udokahi and Akpoguma). We also need depth out wide. Lookman is AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE!! There is still room for Emmanuel Dennis as well as Onyekuru.
Would have liked to see Dessers at 60 mins instead of Kelechi.
I take heart from the fact it was a friendly in an empty stadium with players together for the first time in ages. E go better!!
The same Balogun that stopped more than 3 clear chances from the Algerians.......OKay o
Last edited by wale1974 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Rohr is funny.
He spent years chasing Akpoguna yet he did not start him.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

DIMKA76 wrote:
fabio wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Even if Rohr had Osimen, Aribo and Etebo. I don't think he is capable of organising this team as an attacking unit
Rohr is a defensive coach.

Now there's the problem. Naija attacks to defend traditionally. Not defend so we don't lose but still end up losing.
Rohr has built a strong defensive unit... not seen the SE defense so organised and coordinated according to his praise singers. Attacking wise (Rohr is still building a team, please give him a bit of time).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

DIMKA76 wrote:
fabio wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Even if Rohr had Osimen, Aribo and Etebo. I don't think he is capable of organising this team as an attacking unit
Rohr is a defensive coach.
Now there's the problem. Naija attacks to defend traditionally. Not defend so we don't lose but still end up losing.
The defensive coach and his team scored 12 goals in their six WC qualifying matches (4 more than the team that came 2nd) in the group that had Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon.

Our main problem today compared to the WC team is the lack of QUALITY in our midfield.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

In that case they've had the midfield problem for a while. Call in Victor Mo.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

DIMKA76 wrote:In that case they've had the midfield problem for a while. Call in Victor Mo.
Brazil and even Spain would look poor with a central midfield of Ajayi, Onyeka, Agu. Tijani and Iwobi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote:
The defensive coach and his team scored 12 goals in their six WC qualifying matches (4 more than the team that came 2nd) in the group that had Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon.

Our main problem today compared to the WC team is the lack of QUALITY in our midfield.
How many goals did we concede in Afcon?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:Rohr is funny.
He spent years chasing Akpoguna yet he did not start him.
Ebuehi was coming back from a near 2-year absence and we needed to see him...
He more than justified his start and settled any anxieties about him going forward.

Akpoguma is new, and have trained with the squad for only a few days...
He will get his opportunities and may even get to start against Tunisia in a few days.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

After it is all said and done Nacho came the closest to scoring. While the basket baller Kept on straying off sides. I don't blame him he plays in Belgium in a league that Joseph Akpala used to be the top scorer but was never good enough for the Eagles.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigera best midfield combo right now is probably.

Iwobi, Ndidi and Aribo.

We need to test new players to build depth. Why didn't they call Nwakili?. Also need to recruit Ejaria. Hopefully Onyeka can provide depth.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

How many goals did we concede in Afcon?
Scored 9, conceded 7. Positive GD.

oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I like what I saw in Tijani. But am longing for the day a Nigerian will coach the SE again so I can actually enjoy the football again. These days its like watching a DIV 3 European team play.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Overall the disjointed performance was fully expected.

But there are positives to take from the game; even simply the fact of a useful run out, given the pandemic...

My big disappointment wrt this game was the failure to try out a MF trio in 4-3-3, given the long absence of Ndidi.

We have the right personnel for this. Its really time for Rohr to open up the playbook for this team. We certainly have the personnel for it and no longer need to play the percentages game...

Trying to rehash what we already have does not help us in any way to grow...

There was no need to play Ajayi in a CM combo with Onyeka. Absolutely no need for it, especially given the latter's skills set...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Good run out. We were playing the current African Champions who are no push overs. The friendly has served its purpose. Few observations, Sanusi is a bonafide left back. Ebuehi is back! and ready for the qualifiers. Balogun is still relevant, Ekong still needs to work on his ball distribution. Chukwueze needs to link better with the central m/f . Semi is a bench player, Iwobi needs competition, our goal keeping headache has now been solved.

Rohr's team from day 1 has lacked a strong creative spark.... A player who can dictate play and switch the ball to either flanks and boss the m/f. This still remains a glaring problem.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigera best midfield combo right now is probably.

Iwobi, Ndidi and Aribo.

We need to test new players to build depth. Why didn't they call Nwakili?. Also need to recruit Ejaria.. Hopefully Onyeka can provide depth.
Bros, try to keep up...
Ejaria has passport issues, while Nwakili just recovered from Covid (and tbh has not earned a call-up).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Y'all must have forgotten...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nbXacLQrXw[/video]

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

To be fair to this team I expected them to be rusty since we haven't played together for almost a year, that being said I did expect us to retain possession better. Our play will improve dramatically when Ndidi and Aribo come back.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:Y'all must have forgotten...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nbXacLQrXw[/video]
I am sure if you dig further you will find Algeria game clips from Westerhoff’s days...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:To be fair to this team I expected them to be rusty since we haven't played together for almost a year, that being said I did expect us to retain possession better. Our play will improve dramatically when Ndidi and Aribo come back.
The DISJOINTED performance is understandable...
The team has not played in a year, it has several new invitees and only trained a few days.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oscar52 wrote:I like what I saw in Tijani. But am longing for the day a Nigerian will coach the SE again so I can actually enjoy the football again. These days its like watching a DIV 3 European team play.
I thought I was the only one who saw something in Tijani. He looks like a good player.
I am happy
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

wale1974 wrote:
bushboy wrote:We could have played for 2 weeks and not scored. I doubt the Algerian goalkeeper made a single save the entire game.
However, it is understandable with the missing players (Ndidi, Osimhen, Aribo). We had flashes, but not enough.
Balogun is no longer international quality. We desperately need the German kids (Udokahi and Akpoguma). We also need depth out wide. Lookman is AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE!! There is still room for Emmanuel Dennis as well as Onyekuru.
Would have liked to see Dessers at 60 mins instead of Kelechi.
I take heart from the fact it was a friendly in an empty stadium with players together for the first time in ages. E go better!!
The same Balogun that stopped more than 3 clear changes from the Algerians.......OKay o
Baba the thing shock me oh. I was like did I watch the same game...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Dammy wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I like what I saw in Tijani. But am longing for the day a Nigerian will coach the SE again so I can actually enjoy the football again. These days its like watching a DIV 3 European team play.
I thought I was the only one who saw something in Tijani. He looks like a good player.
He has that X Factor, you see at first sight... When you see a baller, you just know after the first touch.