Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2672
gochino wrote:
Lolly wrote:
gochino wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The making of sausage is never as sweet as the final product, what we saw today was an experimental team trying to find its strength during its first game. Its unreasonable to expect the SE to come out blazing vs a well drilled Afcon Champs like Algeria. Algeria scored through a lucky bounce of the ball, dominated the MF but huffed and puffed to create any clear cut chances.

POSITIVES

1, SANUSI-------- One of the best defensive efforts I've seen against Mahrez. This boly is a top notch LB. No wonder Porto snapped him up and sent Zelles packing. Excellent debut!

2, OKOYE ------------ We found a keeper here folks. Confident, prganises the defense well , good with,not a vampire and rather agile for his size. If he ever gets regular time in Holland Uzoho will be in trouble.

3, EBUEHI ‐------------ A joy to see him getting back to his best self even though he seems to be a step slower. More games should fix that.

NEGATIVES

1, THE WINGERS ------- We have too many so called wingers who are just not productive enough to be starting yet let alone together. Chukwueze and Kalu starting together should never happen again. They're too similar and offer very little attacking output, their lack of defensive disciplined laso,puts more pressure on the MF. Iwobi and Simon should move to the left wing, no more cul-de-sac sac wingers.

2, ONYEKA ----‐-- I felt sorry for him and Ajayi. They were simply overwhelmed in MF b u t had little in terms technical ability to do much but hustle. I'll give Onyeka a pass and take a raincheck on judging him until I see him in a more balanced team.

THE UNAPPRECIATED

ONUACHU --------- what was he supposed to do? He got absolutely no service whatsoever but won his aerial duels and flicked on a few balls. Was he suppose to run into lanes that weren't open to score imaginary goals? Players like him need a stable MF and wing play to flourish. Judging him harshly is tantamount to football ignorance.


CONCLUSION ‐-‐--------- it was just a friendly afteral. ROHR must be happy as he got to see a few new players perform and got reassurance about the ability of others that haven't played in a while.
Has to be stoked about Okoye and Sanusi and happy to see Ebuehi performing again.


The thing that annoys me about this argument esp when you bring Algeria into it, is they built the sausage in about half the time that Rohr has had. Remember how this exact same set of players was so poor and we whooped them home and outplayed them away what 2 years ago. They appoint the appropriate coach and 2 years later they are African champs playing us off the part, and we are still talking about how we need to give our coach even longer to build and how impatient we are. While Algeria is an example of getting rid of the coach that couldn't bring out the best from the talented players they had and appointed one who immediately did and they are on a 19 game winning streak. Abeg, make we just put that excuse to one side, the players we used today weren't good enough, but we are also not well coached and need to stop talking about giving the bobo more and more time to produce. We know what he can produce, he's been very consistent average, he can't take a mediocre set of players and get them to play above their level, in fact his tactics stifles the few useful ones we have.

Someone is Finally making sense here! The coach is not good enough, period! How can you be in charge of a team for 4yrs and your team can't even string 4 passes together without losing the ball? How can you coach a team for so many years and your team ends most of the matches with zero or one shot on goal in an entire match? Even against a team like Madagascar! I can't remember one single tournament game that the team really played good football. Why force yourself to keep a coach that is not bringing the desired result?


I don’t need to remind you guys that the same Rohr’s team destroyed Algeria when he was less than 2 years into the job. So the theory of him being in charge of a team for 4 years does not hold.

The key issue is the change of personnel on both sides. Algeria has strengthened in key areas and we obviously had a weaker team yesterday. That was pretty obvious even before the match started. Playing Ajayi, Onyeka, Iwobi and Onuachu along the spine of the team was always going to produce a disjointed display, especially against more technical North African players. And friendly games are the right place to try new players and new combinations. We can only hope Rohr has seen what we saw yesterday in certain players. I don’t need to mention names.

Since then they have hired a new coach won a tournament and beat us twice! While we are still giving excuses for a coach that has been on the job for close to five years and is still going to tournaments to learn about football! Does it look like we are moving forward?



no you are right sack him, get another coach (both local and foreign - Lagarback, Keshi RIP, Vogts and co) that will call a bunch of hey yous take bribe and he 10 years.....we do it again.
Rohr is not the top dog but neither are we and he is doing the best he can to get us there....

Algeria have one superstar, 2 good players..Mahrez, delort and benrahma....they all played, Nigeria has 2 superstar Ndidi, Osihmen - didnt play...

so lets do the normal Nigerian dance......throw away the baby with the bath water.....

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43133
Location: UK
Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:
This is what happens when you allow your understandable disappointment to overwhelm your judgement.
Can you actually prove this factually or should we just put it down to stress?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When we played our two competitive AFCON games last year, did you say the same thing with the same conviction.
You skipped those two games and went for the Madagascar game as a 'typical' example.

The Madagascar game has now become representative, just like Okoye has been repeatedly used as the whipping boy of Rohr's 'inconsistencies' and 'prejudice'.

I am keenly watching to see how the climate will change now that Okoye might be proving to be an inspiring choice.

As for your 'four passes' lamentation, I will take a second look. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we picked other players same way perhaps they would also turn out to be "inspiring" choices...
Shame that Solomon Otabor (of the ex-Bulgarian fame) did not turn out to be similarly "inspiring". :lol:

Dude, it's one thing to cut Rohr a break on GKs, but please pull your head out of 'there' and call a spade one.
You just love to pick the solitary rotten apple just so you can soil the picker of the bunch.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If its not Madagascar, its Okoye. If its not Okoye it is Otabor.
Fortunately you will soon run out of soiled apples.

Of all the new recruits to the SE over the last few years, na Okoye and Otabor you dey take characterise. Maybe you need to take your head out of your very own dark nether regions and recognise that for every Okoye there is an Alampasu and a Yakubu; for every Otabor there is a Tijani, an Onyeka and a Sanussi.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40052
Location: Land of the Terrapins
VE how you take watch the game again? Let me rewatch so I’m more fair to Onuachu and co...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 25223
Gotti wrote:
Interesting how some folks seemingly develop perspective and solicit rationality soon as our coach’s passport changes...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 318
vancity eagle wrote:
Just finished the First half Second time around

- It is becoming a common theme that the match I saw the second time is not the one I remember

- No way was this game as bad as people are saying, even I am guilty in this regard

- Algeria and Nigeria were both dead even. It was an even match, dare I say we actually even had the better chances to score, other than the sloppy goal at the beginning of the match

-the tired cliches about us "not being able to string together passes" is a complete lie and fabrication by either emotional people stressed at watching live games (myself included) or those with an agenda. We had some very neat passing play at times. In fact we did not give the ball away as much as I remember, and when we did it was usually when the Algerians double or triple teamed our guys with a high press.

- Our defence was SOLID. It is understandable why Rohr went back to the "Oyibo wall" Nothing was getting by these guys, and the wing backs were great as well and it is understandable why the Algerian website gave their attackers such low scores.

-Onyeka was not as bad as people made him out to be. He got disposessed once early in the game in a bad area, but other than that, he worked hard, covered lots of ground, and even tried to get into the attack part of the game. I would definately not write him off, and want to see more of him vs Tunisia.

- Ajayi also wasn't bad at DM, and he won lots of ball in the air from midfield as well as on the ground. He is an extra tall body on the pitch for set pieces.

- Onuachu is just not a fit for this SE. Not a diss on him, but we dont need that kind of forward. We need a guy who will press the defence, and a guy who is far more dynamic. Onuachu is not it, and it wasn't just about "service" He is too one dimensional, not a good fit.

- Iwobi is very talented, we are lucky to have a player like him. The hate against him needs to stop. He was everywhere, covered lots of ground, dropped back deep to make things happen, made intelligent passes and decisions. Iwobi is a G, and he can only get better.

- Kalu and Chuks were OK, but I expect a lot from them, they weren't bad, but they were just OK, they defended as well too.

- Zaidu what an upgrade from that hapless Collins. Frankly with Aina and Ebuehi both able to play left back, I struggle to see the relevance of Collins in a SE 23. I would rather take Aina, Ezibuhe, Ebuehi, Sanusi to any tournament. I hope Rohr can see things this way, since he loves players who can play multiple positions.

- Ebuehi was very good defensively and has quick recovery speed, would like to see a little more in attack.

- Chei Balogun still has it. That boy get vexxed and joins the attack to try and make something happen, I was one of those writing him off, but he is here to stay for the time being. Omeruo and Awaziem will be the ones to lose out.


Overall a very good work out so far. I am not worried about this team at all.

Now on to the 2nd half.


Please could you post the link for us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7932
Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:
This is what happens when you allow your understandable disappointment to overwhelm your judgement.
Can you actually prove this factually or should we just put it down to stress?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When we played our two competitive AFCON games last year, did you say the same thing with the same conviction.
You skipped those two games and went for the Madagascar game as a 'typical' example.

The Madagascar game has now become representative, just like Okoye has been repeatedly used as the whipping boy of Rohr's 'inconsistencies' and 'prejudice'.

I am keenly watching to see how the climate will change now that Okoye might be proving to be an inspiring choice.

As for your 'four passes' lamentation, I will take a second look. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we picked other players same way perhaps they would also turn out to be "inspiring" choices...
Shame that Solomon Otabor (of the ex-Bulgarian fame) did not turn out to be similarly "inspiring". :lol:

Dude, it's one thing to cut Rohr a break on GKs, but please pull your head out of 'there' and call a spade one.
You just love to pick the solitary rotten apple just so you can soil the picker of the bunch.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If its not Madagascar, its Okoye. If its not Okoye it is Otabor.
Fortunately you will soon run out of soiled apples.

Of all the new recruits to the SE over the last few years, na Okoye and Otabor you dey take characterise. Maybe you need to take your head out of your very own dark nether regions and recognise that for every Okoye there is an Alampasu and a Yakubu; for every Otabor there is a Tijani, an Onyeka and a Sanussi.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Rohr's call-ups have mostly been on point.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the process that brought Okoye into the team. Rohr's critics on this front simply weren't paying attention.

As for Otabor, I'm still trying to figure out what the thought process was (in terms of his call up). That and calling up Junior Lokosa ahead of the World Cup, are the two most wasteful national team invites of the Rohr era.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14470
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Was today a tournament ?

The team you say "cannot pass" finished 3rd in the first 24 team tournament, losing at the last minute to a team that twice beat Senegal in that tournament, shutting them out twice, and thrashed Colombia 3-0 to cap off their trophy.

This hyperbole is not helpful.

But YOU PERSONALLY campaigned to fire (and apparently wished DEATH) on a coach that won the same 24-team tournament... :roll:


He won a 16 team tournament without the likea of Senegal, Egypt, Cameroon, even taking part.

Algeria and Morocco were much weaker than they are today. Did not have all their European born players yet.

CIV was literally our only legitimate contender in that tourney.

Reason I wanted him fired was because he was a crook not interested in building a formidable SE, but more concerned with lining his pockets.

In the end I was proven right and he couldn't even qualify us to the next tournament, disgracing us against Sudan, fake Congo, and this put Nigeria into the darkest period of 2 missed ANCs and our lowest ever FIFA ranking all because of his destabilization.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3582
vancity eagle wrote:
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Was today a tournament ?

The team you say "cannot pass" finished 3rd in the first 24 team tournament, losing at the last minute to a team that twice beat Senegal in that tournament, shutting them out twice, and thrashed Colombia 3-0 to cap off their trophy.

This hyperbole is not helpful.

But YOU PERSONALLY campaigned to fire (and apparently wished DEATH) on a coach that won the same 24-team tournament... :roll:


He won a 16 team tournament without the likea of Senegal, Egypt, Cameroon, even taking part.

Algeria and Morocco were much weaker than they are today. Did not have all their European born players yet.

CIV was literally our only legitimate contender in that tourney.

Reason I wanted him fired was because he was a crook not interested in building a formidable SE, but more concerned with lining his pockets.

In the end I was proven right and he couldn't even qualify us to the next tournament, disgracing us against Sudan, fake Congo, and this put Nigeria into the darkest period of 2 missed ANCs and our lowest ever FIFA ranking all because of his destabilization.


Haha too easy! Gotti dangles the bait, VanCity swallows hook, line and sinker. And just like that: thread diverted!!

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3869
Watching the first half again and I suspect Samuel Kalu has not recovered from his long term injury he sustained last season he didn’t look well. The other winger Chukwueze is very selfish and needs to pass more rather always try and take his man on every time losing the ball in the process. He gave away the corner which resulted in Algeria scoring. We only won one corner in the whole of the first half.

Players that don’t belong are as follows: number 9 the basketball player, has no football ability ,cannot close down, no pace ,can’t hold up play and made no quality impact on the game did not have a single shot on goal in the whole of the first half he was there trying to defend when Algeria scored. The only good thing he did was block a free kick when the ball hit him in the face and he went down.

Number 4 was a passenger just send him home he is a waste pipe.

Number 13 Semi Ajayi is a very average player and at international level the requirement has to be exceptional. Yes he can tackle ,head , run and pass but Nigeria needs some one special in that position someone with vision that can distribute the ball and Ajayi is not it.

Number 17 Samuel Kalu appeared to be injured and played way below his usual level skying a shot when getting it on target looked easier. He was grimacing when walking on for the second half and was forced off in 47th minute.

Number 11 chukwueze needs sometime away from the starting line up to regain his form and learn to play as part of the team. The breakdown in the attack appeared alway come from him.

Good debuts from number 12. Number 21 appears to have recovered from injury.
Number 18 was running all over place with very little quality to show final ball was poor several times not finding his man. Number 18 is never a 10. Number 5 was average Number 6 had a good game making several last ditch tackle keeping the score line down.

Our transition from defence to attack seem to run out of ideas often with the attack fizzling out losing the ball rather than ending with a shot on goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7932
vancity eagle wrote:
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Was today a tournament ?

The team you say "cannot pass" finished 3rd in the first 24 team tournament, losing at the last minute to a team that twice beat Senegal in that tournament, shutting them out twice, and thrashed Colombia 3-0 to cap off their trophy.

This hyperbole is not helpful.

But YOU PERSONALLY campaigned to fire (and apparently wished DEATH) on a coach that won the same 24-team tournament... :roll:


He won a 16 team tournament without the likea of Senegal, Egypt, Cameroon, even taking part.

Algeria and Morocco were much weaker than they are today. Did not have all their European born players yet.

CIV was literally our only legitimate contender in that tourney.

Reason I wanted him fired was because he was a crook not interested in building a formidable SE, but more concerned with lining his pockets.

In the end I was proven right and he couldn't even qualify us to the next tournament, disgracing us against Sudan, fake Congo, and this put Nigeria into the darkest period of 2 missed ANCs and our lowest ever FIFA ranking all because of his destabilization.



If you don't know what you are talking about, kindly zip it. Shouldn't you still be digesting your humble pie from rooting for Ivory Coast ahead of your Motheland?

Some points to consider:

1. Nigeria won the 2013 African Cup of Nations. Give credit where it is due. Period!

2. Cameroon, Egypt and Senegal weren't there because their teams were not good enough to be there at that time, so they do not factor into the discussion whatsoever.

3. Nigeria failed to qualify for the Nations Cup in 2015 and 2017 does that devalue the trophy that the winners of those tournaments lifted?

4. Abeg stop talking nonsense and accept that you were dead wrong about our 2013 team.

5. I will not defend Keshi's call-ups because they left a lot to be desired. But whether you love or hate Keshi, he was the mastermind behind the successes of the Super Eagles in 2013 and 2014.

6. There is merit in your criticism of Keshi with respect to call-ups and how he went about building his teams. But give the man credit where it is due. That is simply what I am saying.

7. Moreover, he wasn't the reason why we missed the 2015 and 2017 editions of the Nations Cup.

8. Indeed he played a part in it, but there's no way that you can succeed when you are the coach today...then you are not the coach tomorrow...then you are the coach again...and suddenly not the coach tomorrow.

9. Put any coach in that situation and see if he or she will succeed?

10. Mba! The principal reason for the downturn in our fortunes during that period lies squarely at the feet of the NFF.

11. Keshi was as good a coach as we've ever had in terms of maximizing the talent on his roster. However the irony is that he was also his own worst enemy with the way he built his teams. Thus limiting the talent on his rosters.

12. Both of these statements are true. But the fact that you are trying to trivialize winning the 2013 Nations Cup simply because you never liked Keshi is downright treason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87890
Location: Earth
Smh people are now finding excuses...saying they watched the game a 2nd to justify a horrible performance. When will the excuses run out for ****

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 4293
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
Flex Swift wrote:
Watching the first half again and I suspect Samuel Kalu has not recovered from his long term injury he sustained last season he didn’t look well. The other winger Chukwueze is very selfish and needs to pass more rather always try and take his man on every time losing the ball in the process. He gave away the corner which resulted in Algeria scoring. We only won one corner in the whole of the first half.

Players that don’t belong are as follows: number 9 the basketball player, has no football ability ,cannot close down, no pace ,can’t hold up play and made no quality impact on the game did not have a single shot on goal in the whole of the first half he was there trying to defend when Algeria scored. The only good thing he did was block a free kick when the ball hit him in the face and he went down.

Number 4 was a passenger just send him home he is a waste pipe.

Number 13 Semi Ajayi is a very average player and at international level the requirement has to be exceptional. Yes he can tackle ,head , run and pass but Nigeria needs some one special in that position someone with vision that can distribute the ball and Ajayi is not it.

Number 17 Samuel Kalu appeared to be injured and played way below his usual level skying a shot when getting it on target looked easier. He was grimacing when walking on for the second half and was forced off in 47th minute.

Number 11 chukwueze needs sometime away from the starting line up to regain his form and learn to play as part of the team. The breakdown in the attack appeared alway come from him.

Good debuts from number 12. Number 21 appears to have recovered from injury.
Number 18 was running all over place with very little quality to show final ball was poor several times not finding his man. Number 18 is never a 10. Number 5 was average Number 6 had a good game making several last ditch tackle keeping the score line down.

Our transition from defence to attack seem to run out of ideas often with the attack fizzling out losing the ball rather than ending with a shot on goal.
Now this is someone who watched the game with his head and not his heart.
Thanks.

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40052
Location: Land of the Terrapins
joao wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Watching the first half again and I suspect Samuel Kalu has not recovered from his long term injury he sustained last season he didn’t look well. The other winger Chukwueze is very selfish and needs to pass more rather always try and take his man on every time losing the ball in the process. He gave away the corner which resulted in Algeria scoring. We only won one corner in the whole of the first half.

Players that don’t belong are as follows: number 9 the basketball player, has no football ability ,cannot close down, no pace ,can’t hold up play and made no quality impact on the game did not have a single shot on goal in the whole of the first half he was there trying to defend when Algeria scored. The only good thing he did was block a free kick when the ball hit him in the face and he went down.

Number 4 was a passenger just send him home he is a waste pipe.

Number 13 Semi Ajayi is a very average player and at international level the requirement has to be exceptional. Yes he can tackle ,head , run and pass but Nigeria needs some one special in that position someone with vision that can distribute the ball and Ajayi is not it.

Number 17 Samuel Kalu appeared to be injured and played way below his usual level skying a shot when getting it on target looked easier. He was grimacing when walking on for the second half and was forced off in 47th minute.

Number 11 chukwueze needs sometime away from the starting line up to regain his form and learn to play as part of the team. The breakdown in the attack appeared alway come from him.

Good debuts from number 12. Number 21 appears to have recovered from injury.
Number 18 was running all over place with very little quality to show final ball was poor several times not finding his man. Number 18 is never a 10. Number 5 was average Number 6 had a good game making several last ditch tackle keeping the score line down.

Our transition from defence to attack seem to run out of ideas often with the attack fizzling out losing the ball rather than ending with a shot on goal.
Now this is someone who watched the game with his head and not his heart.
Thanks.


Txj blames Seyi Ajayi for the dustbin no. 4s display lol

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2672
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Was today a tournament ?

The team you say "cannot pass" finished 3rd in the first 24 team tournament, losing at the last minute to a team that twice beat Senegal in that tournament, shutting them out twice, and thrashed Colombia 3-0 to cap off their trophy.

This hyperbole is not helpful.

But YOU PERSONALLY campaigned to fire (and apparently wished DEATH) on a coach that won the same 24-team tournament... :roll:


He won a 16 team tournament without the likea of Senegal, Egypt, Cameroon, even taking part.

Algeria and Morocco were much weaker than they are today. Did not have all their European born players yet.

CIV was literally our only legitimate contender in that tourney.

Reason I wanted him fired was because he was a crook not interested in building a formidable SE, but more concerned with lining his pockets.

In the end I was proven right and he couldn't even qualify us to the next tournament, disgracing us against Sudan, fake Congo, and this put Nigeria into the darkest period of 2 missed ANCs and our lowest ever FIFA ranking all because of his destabilization.



If you don't know what you are talking about, kindly zip it. Shouldn't you still be digesting your humble pie from rooting for Ivory Coast ahead of your Motheland?

Some points to consider:

1. Nigeria won the 2013 African Cup of Nations. Give credit where it is due. Period!

2. Cameroon, Egypt and Senegal weren't there because their teams were not good enough to be there at that time, so they do not factor into the discussion whatsoever.

3. Nigeria failed to qualify for the Nations Cup in 2015 and 2017 does that devalue the trophy that the winners of those tournaments lifted?

4. Abeg stop talking nonsense and accept that you were dead wrong about our 2013 team.

5. I will not defend Keshi's call-ups because they left a lot to be desired. But whether you love or hate Keshi, he was the mastermind behind the successes of the Super Eagles in 2013 and 2014.

6. There is merit in your criticism of Keshi with respect to call-ups and how he went about building his teams. But give the man credit where it is due. That is simply what I am saying.

7. Moreover, he wasn't the reason why we missed the 2015 and 2017 editions of the Nations Cup.

8. Indeed he played a part in it, but there's no way that you can succeed when you are the coach today...then you are not the coach tomorrow...then you are the coach again...and suddenly not the coach tomorrow.

9. Put any coach in that situation and see if he or she will succeed?

10. Mba! The principal reason for the downturn in our fortunes during that period lies squarely at the feet of the NFF.

11. Keshi was as good a coach as we've ever had in terms of maximizing the talent on his roster. However the irony is that he was also his own worst enemy with the way he built his teams. Thus limiting the talent on his rosters.

12. Both of these statements are true. But the fact that you are trying to trivialize winning the 2013 Nations Cup simply because you never liked Keshi is downright treason.



And that summarises Keshi's era......If that guy had Rohr as assistant and listened......we would have made the world cup final. the cup was a great coach but.....

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3869
maceo4 wrote:
VE how you take watch the game again? Let me rewatch so I’m more fair to Onuachu and co...

The whole game is on Youtube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3539
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
VE how you take watch the game again? Let me rewatch so I’m more fair to Onuachu and co...

The whole game is on Youtube

I can't find the full match on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5271


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5271
Tobi17 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
VE how you take watch the game again? Let me rewatch so I’m more fair to Onuachu and co...

The whole game is on Youtube

I can't find the full match on YouTube




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5271
Mr Shows wrote:



On the hustler point, he is obviously following the forum..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:34 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43133
Location: UK
Mr Shows wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:



On the hustler point, he is obviously following the forum..
I got that feeling too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2361
I wonder what you guys were expecting. The Eagles engine room, DM and cm have been built around 3 Ayers, ndidi, etebo and aribo. None played against Algeria. Rather we had a semi that last played there I'm Rotherham and a newbie in onyeka. Of course, expect a diskoint. Iwobi had to fall really deep to pick up balls


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30417
Lolly wrote:
Perhaps we in the middle of rebuilding after losing a few 1st team players to retirement/age (Mikel, Moses, Ighalo, Onazi, Ogu) and not having 3 of our current central midfielders available yesterday. That is what you call sliding backwards?

Meanwhile, yesterday was a friendly with both teams playing understrength but our own understrength was worse. Ajayi (as DM), Onyeka, Onuachu are really understrength. Kalu and Chukwueze are out of form. And Algeria are the current African champions. And yes, they looked better than us. That is the purpose of friendlies.

Please pull your noggin out of Massa's behind and realize that I am actually AGREEING with you that "The key issue is the change of personnel on both sides." SMH

Nonetheless, yes, teams actually do slide backwards, for any number of reasons. The tiresome excuses of "understrength" is quite frankly rubbish because the reality of football is that injuries and absences are a routine feature, and therefore the best teams are those with quality and strength in depth. If the absence of a handful of players emasculates your team, that in itself is a succinct sad self-indictment. Meanwhile, looking at Algeria's squad for these friendlies (and their lineup on Friday), they have just much (if not more of) a turnover in personnel as we have.

Folks seriously need to quit making obtuse excuses and accept this for the reality it is. It was a DISJOINTED performance in a friendly after almost a year of inactivity. We LEARN (hopefully) from it, and move on. Onyeka ko, Odogwu ni!

_________________
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the Game
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30417
Enyi wrote:
And that summarises Keshi's era......If that guy had Rohr as assistant and listened......we would have made the world cup final. the cup was a great coach but.....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As we did in 2018, right?

_________________
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group