Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54731
Location: United Kingdom
My analysis of the Nigeria vs Tunisia game

Ayo Akinfe

(1) Gernot Rohr ruined the match as a spectacle for the fans and also made a mockery of the need to try out new players with his line-up. Playing Semi Ajayi in midfield again after it was shown to be disastrous against Algeria is a sackable offence in my opinion. That is just downright negligence and unpardonable incompetence

(2) We actually started off with a 4-1-5 formation, which made any thought of cohesion and team chemistry an illusion. Kenneth Omeruo was playing right back when we had Ola Aina and Tyrone Ebuehi available

(3) Iwobi was effectively playing as an anchorman alongside Ajayi in midfield, giving our defence no cover when the Tunisians broke. We did not have one ball winner on the pitch today. Tunisia scores from a simple cutback. If we had midfield cover, such a ball would easily have been cut out

(4) The last coach to play this kind of nonsensical line-up was Christian Chukwu against Morocco in the Nations Cup. I could not figure out the roles of Chukwueze, Simon, Iheanacho, Musa and Iwobi. None of them appeared to have clear defined roles

(5) Rohr has got to let go of old players. His nostalgic attachment to some members of the old guard will result in ultimate disaster. If he does not drop Musa and Simon, the NFF should refuse to send them invitation letters. Did either of them have one attempt at goal tonight?

(6) Leon Balogun surprised me with his performance. I had written him off but he was immense tonight. It may be an idea to use him and Akpoguma as our central defensive partnership

(7) I was very impressed with Akpoguma as he is comfortable on the ball. It would have been nice to see him and Ajayi play but alas, Rohr appeared not to know what he was doing

(8) We started the game without a proper striker. We appeared a lot more dangerous when Dessers came on and the ball started to stick upfront. Rohr should explain to us why Dessers did not start this match

(9) By any standards you want to use, the biggest benefit of today’s game was the emergence of Chidera Ejuke. What a talent! Can Rohr please tell us why that boy did not start

(10) I like the way Zaidu Sanusi showed some improvement with his final ball too. He is not yet the finished article but he is getting there. The same goes for Maduka Okoye. Sadly, Rohr did not try out more of our youngsters. Who knows, Samson Tijani and Matthew Yakubu may have blown us all away

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19730
1,I'm not one for drastic change but I think today we saw the emergence of Ejuke and perhaps the end if an era for Musa . Reluctantly, I have to admit now that Musa is surplus to requirements for the long run. My fear is that we don't have any seasoned scorers for those tough away qualifying games. Ejuke showed a lot in 15mins.

2,I feel sorry for Omeruo he got turned inside out on that goal. He hasn't been playing much but he too could be slipping to the sidelines. We have too much depth at CD.

3. Dessers actually looked good in the time he was on even though he didn't see the ball much. I think his direct approach will be better used with Osihmen on the field.

4, Okoye is a rude boy wey no get respect. The walked into camp and helped himself to the NO 1 spot with no folks to give. He'll be there for 10yrs.

5, Wingers. We have chukwueze,Kalu,Simon, Musa. I pick Simon.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:10 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: Stockholm
Simon attacks and defends excellent player to have


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3682
With a midfield of Ndidi, Aribo, Ejaria and Etebo I think we are set to go. Akpoguma, Sanusi, Ebuehi and Maduka have also shown that they belong, I also like that Tijani kid even though we didn't get to see much of him, surely adds more depth for us going forward ... all these players barring any injuries are sure starters for me.

The question remains, who will deputize for Osimhen as the No 2 striker? Dessers, Maja?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54731
Location: United Kingdom
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14607
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.



Ajayi had a good game in both matches.

You have no clue what you are talking about. He is BY FAR our best DM after Ndidi, and dont be surprised when he starts in that position next month.

Our problems today were all on Rohr and his IDIOTIC DECISIONS.

Ajayi is actually one of the few things Rohr got right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19730
vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.



Ajayi had a good game in both matches.

You have no clue what you are talking about. He is BY FAR our best DM after Ndidi, and dont be surprised when he starts in that position next month.

Our problems today were all on Rohr and his IDIOTIC DECISIONS.

Ajayi is actually one of the few things Rohr got right.



Ajayi had a good defensive game but his distribution is not up to par. The back dm spot is up for grabs.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 43114
Location: Pennsylvania
vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.



Ajayi had a good game in both matches.

You have no clue what you are talking about. He is BY FAR our best DM after Ndidi, and dont be surprised when he starts in that position next month.

Our problems today were all on Rohr and his IDIOTIC DECISIONS.

Ajayi is actually one of the few things Rohr got right.


Ajayi's strength as a 'midfielder' is understandably in the defending phase but he's not good enough in other phases. He's the sort of player to plug into midfield late in the game as a defensive sub to shut up shop. Playing him as a DM in a team that seeks to play on the front foot painfully exposes why his normal position is as a central defender.

At best, he's an emergency option but I won't even have him as a backup DM behind Ndidi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14607
LOL people are acting as if Ndidi does not give the ball away. Same with Onazi before him.

Ajayi does what Ndidi does, he breaks up plays and is massive in the air. If you have a problem with Ajayi, then you will have the same problem with Ndidi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3682
vancity eagle wrote:
LOL people are acting as if Ndidi does not give the ball away. Same with Onazi before him.

Ajayi does what Ndidi does, he breaks up plays and is massive in the air. If you have a problem with Ajayi, then you will have the same problem with Ndidi.

If you're looking for a understudy CDM with the added bonus of been very cerebral, then look no further than Nwakali. Semi Ajayi should just stay a Defender.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 9975
vancity eagle wrote:
LOL people are acting as if Ndidi does not give the ball away. Same with Onazi before him.

Ajayi does what Ndidi does, he breaks up plays and is massive in the air. If you have a problem with Ajayi, then you will have the same problem with Ndidi.

Breaks up play ke? When those Tunisians were bypassing our midfield like a freeway, pls NDidi’s defensive instincts and composure on the ball is far better than Ajayi’s it’s even insane that you think you could even compare the two

_________________
Follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/Supereaglescomp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Posts: 2282
Location: US
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.


You better stop doing this.
So you are being paid to make postings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54731
Location: United Kingdom
vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.



Ajayi had a good game in both matches.

You have no clue what you are talking about. He is BY FAR our best DM after Ndidi, and dont be surprised when he starts in that position next month.

Our problems today were all on Rohr and his IDIOTIC DECISIONS.

Ajayi is actually one of the few things Rohr got right.


Are you OK today this man? Have you remembered to take your medication this morning?

Whenever the Tunisians broke on the counter attack, they had a free run at out defence. Also, whenever we won the ball back, Ajayi lacked the capacity to distribute it effectively and initiate attacks.

Balogun and Akpoguma actually made more runs forward with the ball than Ajayi. Only a mad man ready for admission to the lunatic asylum would describe the use of Ajayi as an anchorman as anything else than utter lunacy and a calamitous disaster.

Rohr should have used these two games to find permanent replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo but alas, he wasted them. We are now back at square one as if the games never happened!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43393
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
With a midfield of Ndidi, Aribo, Ejaria and Etebo I think we are set to go. Akpoguma, Sanusi, Ebuehi and Maduka have also shown that they belong, I also like that Tijani kid even though we didn't get to see much of him, surely adds more depth for us going forward ... all these players barring any injuries are sure starters for me.

The question remains, who will deputize for Osimhen as the No 2 striker? Dessers, Maja?
I very much doubt either are guaranteed deputies. Maybe Dessers for the short term and Maja's case is still to be made IMHO.

I see Umar Sadiq coming into the fray and if he does what we see him doing at club level, then he's in.

Aside from that, there are two young strikers just starting their careers in the top flight and are hoping to make their mark in the very near future: Terem Moffi of Lorient in Lique1 and Tolu Arokodare of FC Koln in the Bundesliga.

Coincidentally they're similar players in physique and style and I wont be surprised if Osimhen is their role immediate model.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54731
Location: United Kingdom
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 32814
Location: The Kingdom
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kelechi Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Samson Tijani
Mikel Agu
Frank Onyeka
Ramon Azeez

Anyone of them could have played that anchorman role better than Semi Ajayi. As a rule of thumb, Nigeria should never take to the field without at least two of such players on the pitch.

Rohr should have used these two friendlies to find replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo. He just wasted both matches.


Kindly rewatch Agu’s performance for the 2nd half against Algeria. And I hope you would be bold enough to tell us what you observed.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 35391
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

I agree Rohr didn't take full advantage of both matches. There was no reason for Musa, Omeuro, Ekong, Moses Simon, etc to get extended playing time. We know what they offer. This was the opportunity to give plenty minutes to the likes of Ejuke, Dessers, Akpoguma, and the other new invitees.

I can't figure out why a replacement player in Onuachu who he's already tried out before gets the starting nod over an original call up in Dresses who he's yet to try out.

He then played Onuachu in a formation that didn't capitalise on his skillset.

Ah well.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 32814
Location: The Kingdom
theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

I agree Rohr didn't take full advantage of both matches. There was no reason for Musa, Omeuro, Ekong, Moses Simon, etc to get extended playing time. We know what they offer. This was the opportunity to give plenty minutes to the likes of Ejuke, Dessers, Akpoguma, and the other new invitees.

I can't figure out why a replacement player in Onuachu who he's already tried out before gets the starting nod over an original call up in Dresses who he's yet to try out.

He then played Onuachu in a formation that didn't capitalise on his skillset.

Ah well.


Could it be because he knows that casual fans would have been calling for his head if we got hammered as we most likely would have been starting with so many rookies?

But he should have taken the risk and played all the rookies even though one or two of them don’t have any business being anywhere near the NT at this point in their careers.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 26235
Kelechi needs more playing time Leicester. He needs to fight for a shirt. He has very good touches and position. Osimhen is our undisputed Number 9.

My news highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmgyXmQ ... e=youtu.be

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40206
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Lolly wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

I agree Rohr didn't take full advantage of both matches. There was no reason for Musa, Omeuro, Ekong, Moses Simon, etc to get extended playing time. We know what they offer. This was the opportunity to give plenty minutes to the likes of Ejuke, Dessers, Akpoguma, and the other new invitees.

I can't figure out why a replacement player in Onuachu who he's already tried out before gets the starting nod over an original call up in Dresses who he's yet to try out.

He then played Onuachu in a formation that didn't capitalise on his skillset.

Ah well.


Could it be because he knows that casual fans would have been calling for his head if we got hammered as we most likely would have been starting with so many rookies?

But he should have taken the risk and played all the rookies even though one or two of them don’t have any business being anywhere near the NT at this point in their careers.


Do the casual fans employ him? Isn't it the NFF? Shouldn't he be doing what is in the best interest of his team rather than worrying about casual fans? Is that the type of coach you want? One that bends to the will of casual fans? Or one that is focused on a goal and will use these friendlies as a way to advance his path to meeting that goal? :???:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 32814
Location: The Kingdom
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

I agree Rohr didn't take full advantage of both matches. There was no reason for Musa, Omeuro, Ekong, Moses Simon, etc to get extended playing time. We know what they offer. This was the opportunity to give plenty minutes to the likes of Ejuke, Dessers, Akpoguma, and the other new invitees.

I can't figure out why a replacement player in Onuachu who he's already tried out before gets the starting nod over an original call up in Dresses who he's yet to try out.

He then played Onuachu in a formation that didn't capitalise on his skillset.

Ah well.


Could it be because he knows that casual fans would have been calling for his head if we got hammered as we most likely would have been starting with so many rookies?

But he should have taken the risk and played all the rookies even though one or two of them don’t have any business being anywhere near the NT at this point in their careers.


Do the casual fans employ him? Isn't it the NFF? Shouldn't he be doing what is in the best interest of his team rather than worrying about casual fans? Is that the type of coach you want? One that bends to the will of casual fans? Or one that is focused on a goal and will use these friendlies as a way to advance his path to meeting that goal? :???:


Football management is about wining the trust of your employers and the FANS. Both are equally important.

And it's the casual fans that have been calling him a poor coach. The NFF don't think so, hence why they renewed his contract. Does than answer some of your questions? :idea:

And I am sure Rohr has achieved his objective of seeing players closeup and testing some on the pitch but we the casual fans don't know it.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40206
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Lolly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

I agree Rohr didn't take full advantage of both matches. There was no reason for Musa, Omeuro, Ekong, Moses Simon, etc to get extended playing time. We know what they offer. This was the opportunity to give plenty minutes to the likes of Ejuke, Dessers, Akpoguma, and the other new invitees.

I can't figure out why a replacement player in Onuachu who he's already tried out before gets the starting nod over an original call up in Dresses who he's yet to try out.

He then played Onuachu in a formation that didn't capitalise on his skillset.

Ah well.


Could it be because he knows that casual fans would have been calling for his head if we got hammered as we most likely would have been starting with so many rookies?

But he should have taken the risk and played all the rookies even though one or two of them don’t have any business being anywhere near the NT at this point in their careers.


Do the casual fans employ him? Isn't it the NFF? Shouldn't he be doing what is in the best interest of his team rather than worrying about casual fans? Is that the type of coach you want? One that bends to the will of casual fans? Or one that is focused on a goal and will use these friendlies as a way to advance his path to meeting that goal? :???:


Football management is about wining the trust of your employers and the FANS. Both are equally important.

And it's the casual fans that have been calling him a poor coach. The NFF don't think so, hence why they renewed his contract. Does than answer some of your questions? :idea:

And I am sure Rohr has achieved his objective of seeing players closeup and testing some on the pitch but we the casual fans don't know it.


No it doesn't answer my question. He is hired by the NFF how can he please the casual fans when you look at all of us on this site, none can agree on players to invite or formation to use. Majority of us abused Keshi until he won then he was a hero. So at the end of the day the coach just has to focus on doing what he needs to do to achieve the goals his employers have set. He doesn't have to please any fans in doing so as he won't be able to please everybody, winning will be what pleases the fans, so you don't cut your nose to spite your face. If the decisions he made during these friendlies don't help him win then the same casual fans will call for his head as well AND more importantly those that hired him will lose confidence in him...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43393
Location: UK
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
10 of Rohr’s actions which lead me to fear he has come to the end of the road:

(1) Having four goalkeepers in camp for two friendlies and only playing one

(2) Picking Kenneth Omeruo as rightback ahead of Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi

(3) Playing Semi Ajayi as anchorman

(4) Starting Paul Onuachi ahead of Cyril Dessers

(5) Playing 4-1-5 against Tunisia

(6) Picking Ahmed Musa ahead of Dessers against Tunisia

(7) Starting Moses Simon ahead of Chidera Ejuke

(8) Having a young talent like Samson Tijani in camp for two friendlies and not testing him

(9) Not inviting players like Yusuf Alhassan, Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez to camp after the injuries to Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo

(10) If you look back to our friendly against England in 2018, Rohr made half time changes when he saw things were going badly. He appears incapable of doing that today. No half time changes were made against Algeria and Tunisia

I agree Rohr didn't take full advantage of both matches. There was no reason for Musa, Omeuro, Ekong, Moses Simon, etc to get extended playing time. We know what they offer. This was the opportunity to give plenty minutes to the likes of Ejuke, Dessers, Akpoguma, and the other new invitees.

I can't figure out why a replacement player in Onuachu who he's already tried out before gets the starting nod over an original call up in Dresses who he's yet to try out.

He then played Onuachu in a formation that didn't capitalise on his skillset.

Ah well.


Could it be because he knows that casual fans would have been calling for his head if we got hammered as we most likely would have been starting with so many rookies?

But he should have taken the risk and played all the rookies even though one or two of them don’t have any business being anywhere near the NT at this point in their careers.


Do the casual fans employ him? Isn't it the NFF? Shouldn't he be doing what is in the best interest of his team rather than worrying about casual fans? Is that the type of coach you want? One that bends to the will of casual fans? Or one that is focused on a goal and will use these friendlies as a way to advance his path to meeting that goal? :???:


Football management is about wining the trust of your employers and the FANS. Both are equally important.

And it's the casual fans that have been calling him a poor coach. The NFF don't think so, hence why they renewed his contract. Does than answer some of your questions? :idea:

And I am sure Rohr has achieved his objective of seeing players closeup and testing some on the pitch but we the casual fans don't know it.


No it doesn't answer my question. He is hired by the NFF how can he please the casual fans when you look at all of us on this site, none can agree on players to invite or formation to use. Majority of us abused Keshi until he won then he was a hero. So at the end of the day the coach just has to focus on doing what he needs to do to achieve the goals his employers have set. He doesn't have to please any fans in doing so as he won't be able to please everybody, winning will be what pleases the fans, so you don't cut your nose to spite your face. If the decisions he made during these friendlies don't help him win then the same casual fans will call for his head as well AND more importantly those that hired him will lose confidence in him...
So really your argument is with Lolly who suggested Rohr might be trying to satisfy the fans.
The way you are going on it’s like Rohr told you this or you read an article quoting him.

For all you know, he has done exactly what you suggested: doing his own thing.
So don’t waste your saliva arguing over nothing.
COVID dey town.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigpokey24, Google [Bot], Tactical and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group