Should Azeez and Nwakali be invited for the Tunisia match?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Should Azeez and Nwakali be invited for the Tunisia match?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Rohr has said this game is about testing new players
[2] He has lamented the fact that his three best midfielders are missing through injury
[3] With Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo out, it is right that Mikel Agu, Frank Onyeka, Chideria Ejuke and Samson Tijani be tried out
[4] Maybe one of two of these new boys will use the opportunity to cement their place in the team
[5] However, is there really any justification for not trying out Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez in the second game against Tunisia?
[6] If I had a magic wand I could wave, I would actually love to field a midfield trio of Azeez/Nwakali/Ebere against Tunisia
[7] One other person I am not pleased has been excluded from this camp is Alhassan Yusuf of Goteborg
[8] If these games are about trying replacements for the big boys and strengthening the squad, I am not sure we have gone about it the right way
[9] Inviting these guys to the next camp will not really help as by then Ndidi and Aribo will be back, making it hard for them to be tried out
[10] I hope Rohr will see reason and call up a few more players after tomorrow's game
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Should Azeez and Nwakali be invited for the Tunisia matc

Post by Mr Shows »

There are only so many new players Gernot can fit into the squad at the same time. We all know what Azeez can do. Nwakali is not an unknown quantity either. There is a reason why Paul got an immediate call up when it was confirmed Osimhen is a 'no-show'. Kelechi has to play his way into the squad. Let him get a good run of games and stamp his authority on the game, he hasn't done either.

Some players are great at club level but just don't cut it in the GWG. Onyekuru is another player you harp on about but hasn't stamped his authority on the team.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Friendlies are meant to test new players. The SE is far from the finished article. Every one that is good enough should be invited.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:Friendlies are meant to test new players. The SE is far from the finished article. Every one that is good enough should be invited.

ohenhen1, i am sure you meant anyone that is good enough and playing football should invited. Nwakali has done nothing to warrant an invite and Ramon has fallen down the pecking order in Granada as well so neither should be called up. Onyekuru is seeing game time and so is Maja in bordeaux.... there should be invited but u can only call up 23 ppl.

Funny thing is that Ayo called this a try out of new players....if we lose on friday, he will come back with 10 reasons why...Nwakali should be captain next match
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Covid tests will be done today for everybody. Fingers crossed everyone is negative. If there are any positives, then we can look at replacing them.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enyi wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Friendlies are meant to test new players. The SE is far from the finished article. Every one that is good enough should be invited.

ohenhen1, i am sure you meant anyone that is good enough and playing football should invited. Nwakali has done nothing to warrant an invite and Ramon has fallen down the pecking order in Granada as well so neither should be called up. Onyekuru is seeing game time and so is Maja in bordeaux.... there should be invited but u can only call up 23 ppl.

Funny thing is that Ayo called this a try out of new players....if we lose on friday, he will come back with 10 reasons why...Nwakali should be captain next match
Results are of secondary importance in these two games. Our main goal is to see how the new, young players cope. I will particularly looking at Yakubu, Sanusi, Akpoguma and Onyeka. I also want to know of Ebuehi is back to his best.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The earlier you get used to the fact that Ebere Eze isn't playing for Nigeria anytime soon, the better for you.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Eze is holding out for an England call. He will probably change his mind if he hasn't been called up by England by age 24 or 25.
Tobi17 wrote:The earlier you get used to the fact that Ebere Eze isn't playing for Nigeria anytime soon, the better for you.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Eze hasn't impressed me. Is Aribo still injured?

I prefer Ejaria to Eze. Nwakili should be invited. Need to groom him for the national team. The guy has potential.

Onyeka is another one that looks like a promising young player.

We should be okay with these pool of players.

Ndidi, Aribo, Ejaria, Nwakili, Onyeka, Agu, Etebo, Azeez, Iwobi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enyi wrote:

In addition, he just got back to training after missing 3 games because of Covid...
High hopes for him, but let's not fall for a different version of Ogbeche's infamous bicycle-kick.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If Rohr has failed at one thing for this current window, it is at truly trying to access and utilize our midfield depth amongst our top 3 CM/DM's being injured.

Who was it who said that we didn't need more than 3 midfielders because Ajayi can play there ?

We have 6 central defenders in camp for goodness sakes !!! Do we need 6 central defenders, yet we only have 3 proper central midfielders. 2 of them rookies and one a 17 year old.

That is a ridiculous list to prosecute 2 matches no matter how you slice it.

With the absence of Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo there is no reason we should not have seen the following in camp

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

There is just no reason why Rohr did not have any of these guys to look at.

Azeez even had an assist in the last match, yet Rohr doesn't call him up for some carpenters to take his place.

Just unnaceptable.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:If Rohr has failed at one thing for this current window, it is at truly trying to access and utilize our midfield depth amongst our top 3 CM/DM's being injured.

Who was it who said that we didn't need more than 3 midfielders because Ajayi can play there ?

We have 6 central defenders in camp for goodness sakes !!! Do we need 6 central defenders, yet we only have 3 proper central midfielders. 2 of them rookies and one a 17 year old.

With the absence of Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo there is no reason we should not have seen the following in camp

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

Azeez even had an assist in the last match, yet Rohr doesn't call him up for some carpenters to take his place.

Just unnaceptable.
Some of you still don't understand football and can't scout properly. Nwakali, Azubike are not good enough today. Azeez is out of form and at the tail end of his career. Alhassan is still young and maybe should have been invited but Rohr chose to invite Onyeka who unfortunately didn't have a good game. But that is what friendlies are about.

In my opinion and from watching some of our boys play at their clubs (albeit not enough times), the only midfielders that I think could make a difference to the team right over the next 2 years are Lookman and Ejaira. Alhassan needs to move to a bigger club for better assessment. Also, I would be following Mukairu closely. That boy has something.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lolly wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:If Rohr has failed at one thing for this current window, it is at truly trying to access and utilize our midfield depth amongst our top 3 CM/DM's being injured.

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

Just unnaceptable.
Some of you still don't understand football and can't scout properly. Nwakali, Azubike are not good enough today. Azeez is out of form and at the tail end of his career. Alhassan is still young and maybe should have been invited but Rohr chose to invite Onyeka who unfortunately didn't have a good game. But that is what friendlies are about.

In my opinion and from watching some of our boys play at their clubs (albeit not enough times), the only midfielders that I think could make a difference to the team right over the next 2 years are Lookman and Ejaira. Alhassan needs to move to a bigger club for better assessment. Also, I would be following Mukairu closely. That boy has something.
Are you for real here????? Nwakali would have made a huge difference yesterday if he had played. I can confidently say we would have won that game with him marshaling out midfield!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

Just unnaceptable.

Are you for real here????? Nwakali would have made a huge difference yesterday if he had played. I can confidently say we would have won that game with him marshaling out midfield!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

Just unnaceptable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... Messi of HUSECA
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

[quote="ohenhen1"]Eze hasn't impressed me. Is Aribo still injured?

I prefer Ejaria to Eze. Nwakili should be invited. Need to groom him for the national team. The guy has potential.

Onyeka is another one that looks like a promising young player.

We should be okay with these pool of players.

Ndidi, Aribo, Ejaria, Nwakili, Onyeka, Agu, Etebo, Azeez, Iwobi.[/quote]
Eze isn’t going to play for Nigeria anytime soon so it’s not a problem.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

Just unnaceptable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... Messi of HUSECA
It’s just weird how these guys promote these players.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Ramon Azeez
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

Just unnaceptable.

It’s just weird how these guys promote these players.
Weird? lure of filthy lucre :tic: :tic: :tic:

You need to go back and see what they did during Berti Vogts reign. What they did with Robson. And their plans during Pa Onigbinde's time after the infamous handshake. There is method to the madness that you see
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”