How I would line up against Tunisia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How I would line up against Tunisia

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ANC wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Ajayi is terrible. Not a single good game in GWG.
That is a bold faced lie.

In fact he had a decent game the other day.

yes he did
Much better than the Onyekas and Agus, who are actually sps to be midfielders so sad.
So Rohr knew what he was doing.

Looks to me Ajayi is a better dm than both Agu and Onyeka, he was certainly better than both vs Algeria. Actually from all the players I have seen Ajayi is our best backup to Ndidi when it comes to a player whose sole role is to break up plays and sit in front of the back 4.

With Ajayi in the team able to play the DM role, other than Ndidi we don't need any non technical midfielders in the team.

Agu, Onyeka, are finished unless there are serious injuries.
Rohr messed up by not inviting proper CM backups and forced himself into having to make due with a CD there. I wouldn’t say he knew what he was doing...still incompetence in how he’s handled these injuries.
Which CM would u have invited.....? Apart from Modric, de Bruyne of course :???: :???:
Let’s start with the ones he had on the stand by list...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Yakubu
Aina
Colllins
Akpoguma
Ajayi (C)
Onyeka
Tijani
Ejuke
Kalu
Dessers
Chukwueze

Very young team. Not one of them went to the 2018 World Cup.
Will you stop this nonsense.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

ohenhen1 wrote:OKoye, Ebuehi, Akpoguma, Ajayi, Sanusi, Onyeka, Iwobi(C), Tijani, Chukwuze, Iheanacho, Ejuke

Okoye did well against Algeria, need to give him more playing time in a friendly. Backup for Uzoho

Ebuehi is coming back from a long layoff, need as many games he can get in the national team.

Akpoguma, need to play to get integrated into the team. if he doesn't get ghame time now, when will he get to play?

Ajayi also need game time at his normal position.

Sanusi need more games to get comfortable at national team level.

Onyeka, let see if his performance will improve.

Iwobi need to play better against Tunisia

Chukwuze has had a bad start to the season. Emery is causing problems. Need a confidence booster.

Ejuke, need to see more from him.

Iheanacho lack of game time is affecting him. He needs a loan move. Even to a Championship team until January should be explored.
Do not list players who do not belong at senior level.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Enyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:[quote="maceo4"

Looks to me Ajayi is a better dm than both Agu and Onyeka, he was certainly better than both vs Algeria. Actually from all the players I have seen Ajayi is our best backup to Ndidi when it comes to a player whose sole role is to break up plays and sit in front of the back 4.

With Ajayi in the team able to play the DM role, other than Ndidi we don't need any non technical midfielders in the team.

Rohr messed up by not inviting proper CM backups and forced himself into having to make due with a CD there. I wouldn’t say he knew what he was doing...still incompetence in how he’s handled these injuries.
Which CM would u have invited.....? Apart from Modric, de Bruyne of course :???: :???:
Let’s start with the ones he had on the stand by list...[/quote]

you mean Azeez (course that is the only midfielder on the standby list)......u honestly think Azeez is the difference on friday.....REALLY!!!!!! ok
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Enyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:[quote="maceo4"

Let’s start with the ones he had on the stand by list...
you mean Azeez (course that is the only midfielder on the standby list)......u honestly think Azeez is the difference on friday.....REALLY!!!!!! ok[/quote]

Well we won’t know would we??? He sure made a difference coming on to provide an assist in the last match he played for SE. I’m sure most of us would prefer a player in the Spanish La Liga who plays against better midfielders than Algeria paraded to one in Denmark. What you don’t get is you replace like for like, when 3 CMs go out you replace them with CM, same way he replaced the striker, it’s sheer arrogance to expect a CD to play CM when you have CMs on your standby list and refuse to bring them in. If you bring them in and they eff up well you made the right decision but it didn’t work out, but not bringing replacements and instead relying on players to play out of position is NEVER in the best interest of your team and will always be looked at as the wrong decision esp if the outcome isn’t positive.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

A nation can only have one coach at a time, so we must all respect Rohr's decisions. Were I the coach, however, these two games would have been used to try out new players.

My 4-3-3 line-up against Tunisia tomorrow would have looked something like this:

Matthew Yakubu
Kingsley Ehizibue
Calvin Bassey
Kevin Akpomena
Tosin Adarabioyo
Yusuf Alhassan
Kelechi Nwakali
Ebere Eze
Chidera Ejuke
Cyril Dessers
Henry Onyekuru
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Okoye
Aina
Collins
Omeruo
Akpoguma
Agu
Ajayi
Iwobi
Samu
Dessers
Simon
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ugbowo wrote:Okoye
Aina
Collins
Omeruo
Akpoguma
Agu
Ajayi
Iwobi
Samu
Dessers
Simon
Tijani over Agu
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Aina
Collins
Omeruo
Akpoguma
Agu
Ajayi
Iwobi
Samu
Dessers
Simon

You would play Ajayi in midfield??????????????????? it was a disaster against Algeria and you will do it again! Phew.

May CE not drive me mad. Some of you can make a man go insane!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Aina
Collins
Omeruo
Akpoguma
Agu
Ajayi
Iwobi
Samu
Dessers
Simon

You would play Ajayi in midfield??????????????????? it was a disaster against Algeria and you will do it again! Phew.

May CE not drive me mad. Some of you can make a man go insane!!!
Onyeka was the disaster not Ajayi, but I personally think we need Ajayi in defense to help us play out of the back. But he and Balogun are too similar to play together.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Owngoal says Rohr will play Musa and Iheanacho up top. Is Dessers that bad that 2 unfit pot bellied strikers are ahead of him ? Troost and Kalu went back to their clubs.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:Owngoal says Rohr will play Musa and Iheanacho up top. Is Dessers that bad that 2 unfit pot bellied strikers are ahead of him ? Troost and Kalu went back to their clubs.
What's wrong with pot belly :mad: :taunt:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Tobi17 wrote:
Aina
Collins
Omeruo
Akpoguma
Agu
Ajayi
Iwobi
Samu
Dessers
Simon
Tijani over Agu
Will you stop this nonsense.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
Enyi wrote:you mean Azeez (course that is the only midfielder on the standby list)......u honestly think Azeez is the difference on friday.....REALLY!!!!!! ok
Well we won’t know would we??? He sure made a difference coming on to provide an assist in the last match he played for SE. I’m sure most of us would prefer a player in the Spanish La Liga who plays against better midfielders than Algeria paraded to one in Denmark. What you don’t get is you replace like for like, when 3 CMs go out you replace them with CM, same way he replaced the striker, it’s sheer arrogance to expect a CD to play CM when you have CMs on your standby list and refuse to bring them in. If you bring them in and they eff up well you made the right decision but it didn’t work out, but not bringing replacements and instead relying on players to play out of position is NEVER in the best interest of your team and will always be looked at as the wrong decision esp if the outcome isn’t positive.
He replaced a DM (not CM) with a player that has previously played DM at BOTH club and NT levels...

I bet if the likes of Onyeka and Agu were not invited, those names would also be thrown into the mix by folks. It was this "La Liga, La Liga" drivel that caused us to take clearly not-ready Azeez to the 2014 WC, meanwhile the dude is presently struggling for game time in said La Liga. Azeez is a decent enough fringe squad member, but we also have to evaluate different prospects. If do not use these friendlies to do so, when will we - during the upcoming competitive games?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Hopefully Tunisia will high press to give us more of a chance to work on breaking it. Then please try different players in the attacking phase to see more variety. I know we’ve been praising the full backs, but they seriously need to work on their crosses, not a single one was threatening, Ebuehi was the worst at it struggling to keep his in play. It’s pointless getting behind defenses if we are so poor in delivery.
Crosses for who abegi? Iheanacho or Musa?!
Meanwhile, while mocking Onuachu you didn't remember lack of crosses? Crosses ko, Crucifix ni! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:A nation can only have one coach at a time, so we must all respect Rohr's decisions. Were I the coach, however, these two games would have been used to try out new players.

My 4-3-3 line-up against Tunisia tomorrow would have looked something like this:

Matthew Yakubu
Kingsley Ehizibue
Calvin Bassey
Kevin Akpomena
Tosin Adarabioyo
Yusuf Alhassan
Kelechi Nwakali
Ebere Eze
Chidera Ejuke
Cyril Dessers
Henry Onyekuru
What a GREAT discovery.

This was lost on you when we had local coaches?

Where is that Osaze thread again? :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:A nation can only have one coach at a time, so we must all respect Rohr's decisions. Were I the coach, however, these two games would have been used to try out new players.

Matthew Yakubu
Kingsley Ehizibue
Calvin Bassey
Kevin Akpomena
Tosin Adarabioyo
Yusuf Alhassan
Kelechi Nwakali
Ebere Eze
Chidera Ejuke
Cyril Dessers
Henry Onyekuru

I'm certain even Ayo laughs after he is done posting and reading some of this crap. He has to...