Players who should be finished with SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Players who should be finished with SE

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote:Lookman is definitely needed in the team, stick Lookman in the attacking mid position and we're set.
Based on how great he is on the right wing position....then we put in in the AM position.... u never thought the reason he is so good on the wing is that he can isolate the defender..in the middle of the pitch...ur crowded bro....u amount of dribbling will save u....he ain’t no JJ and JJ is cerebral....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

I don't really understand all of this Iheanacho criticism, seems wildly over the top for 20 minutes in a rubbish friendly after a year+ away from the team. He clearly has taken his club career seriously and improved his fitness if you have watched him in England at all in the last year and isn't fat. I didn't think he was particularly poor anyway. The midfield failed to feed any of the forward players, but he seemed active and put in some dangerous set pieces.

As far as Akpeyi, the first time Okoye, Yakubu, or whoever drops a ball, this entire place will call for their head. There is not a top keeper in the Nigerian setup right now, and the only one who looked to have that potential has a serious injury now. There's no reason he shouldn't have the same chance to compete for the spot
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:Ekong is a concern.
Like has been identified, he is def under threat.
He might have some extra rope being deputy captain (just like Musa has extra rope being captain) but that can only go so far.
If Adarabioyo and the other German boys come-a-calling, then Ekong's era might be over.
He played some bone-headed clearances vs Algeria last Friday and his body language suggested he knew it.

That makes way for the new Captain Ndidi, possibly with Iwobi as his deputy.

To be fair Troost has not played club football this season yet so it is understandable how rusty he is.

Before the match the other day I was on the verge of writing off Balogun, but we were all reminded of what he was capable of. It seems his move to Rangers was a great thing, as his lack of playing time seems to have effected him. Before the Algeria match I had him behind both Omeruo and Awaziem, but he has leaped past both of them. Only problem with Balogun is he is injury prone. I think in terms of current form for our CB's its as follows.

1. Akpobuma
2. Ajayi
3. Balogun
4. Troost
5. Omeruo
6. Awaziem

We are awaiting Adarabioyo, Torunariga, Udokhai
I am a big fan William Troost Ekong but I think his time in the SE is coming to an end, his decision is move from Udinese to Watford has not helped his cause. It's hard to see where he would fit in when the likes of Torunarigha and Adarabioyo joins the SE. Udokhai however has not been confirmed as joining the SE.
Ekong is a limited player who has made the most of his career with the help of the SE. He was not a regular in Gent and also lost his starting spot in Bursaspor but going to the WC with the SE enhanced his profile and helped in getting him a transfer to Serie A Udinese. I personally think that's the height of his career( I hope I'm wrong), and he did improve in he area of bringing the ball out of defence with good passes. However, he has a physical limitation which makes him rigid and unable to turn and is therefore easily beaten by skilful players. I watched a video of Ekong while in Italy attending ballet classes to help with his flexibility but it doesn't seem to have worked. His own goal against Algeria in the 2019 AFCON semifinals is an example and he almost sliced another one into the net in Friday's friendly with Algeria.
His concentration can be suspect and at 27, moving to the long ball championship with Watford is not going to improve his game.
He may hang around the SE squad for a few more matches but the handwriting is on the wall.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olumide wrote:I don't really understand all of this Iheanacho criticism, seems wildly over the top for 20 minutes in a rubbish friendly after a year+ away from the team. He clearly has taken his club career seriously and improved his fitness if you have watched him in England at all in the last year and isn't fat. I didn't think he was particularly poor anyway. The midfield failed to feed any of the forward players, but he seemed active and put in some dangerous set pieces.

As far as Akpeyi, the first time Okoye, Yakubu, or whoever drops a ball, this entire place will call for their head. There is not a top keeper in the Nigerian setup right now, and the only one who looked to have that potential has a serious injury now. There's no reason he shouldn't have the same chance to compete for the spot
Yea, not sure what Kele did to Rohr just seems to be on periphery for some reason, he needs to be given more time to show whether he can contribute going forward, at least he had a consistent run in the past of being very useful to the NT unlike the likes of Onuachu. To me he was more of a threat than Onuachu due to his set pieces and overall speed of play. He affected the game more in his short cameo...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
With all been said, seen and done...

Post by Tobi17 »

Our solid, complete and undisputed starting world cup squad barring any major injuries will be in this order:

Gk's
* Uzoho.
* Okoye
*Yakubu
* Alampasu
- Akpeyi and Ezenwa are past it, but for experience sake I reckon Akpeyi will still be around for a short while.

CB's
* Balogun*
* Akpoguma*
*Ekong*
Semi Ajayi (please for the love of God he isn't a CDM).
*Awaziem*
*Adarabioyo*
* Omeruo*
- hopefully the likes of Uduokhai and Torunarigha will switch to the GWG, but it remains to be seen.

Full backs
* Ebuehi*
*Sanusi*
*Aina*
*Ehibizue*
*Collins*

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi (he will have to adjust to a more flexible role among the front 3,since Ejaria seems more suited for the Attacking Mid role)
Aribo
Ejaria
Etebo
Kelechi Nwakali (I think Nwakali can be our own Thomas Partey IMHO, he can play from deep like he does for Huesca, and be a playmaker from that position).
Samson Tijani (something tells me I'll like this kid, still very young so he has enough time).
- the likes of Azeez, Frank Onyeka, Alhassan are only shoo-in's in the event of injuries, unfortunately none of these guys are essentially good enough to make the starting 11...except maybe Azeez if he finds his form at Granada.

Wide forwards
Simon Moses (solid defensively and offensively, No 1 man here... no contest).
Chidera Ejike
Ademola Lookman (I can't wait for this kid to complete his nationality switch)
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Noah Sarenren-Bazee
Emmanuel Dennis
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa

Center-forwards
Victor Osimhen - undisputed Numero Uno
Cyriel Dessers.
Josh Maja
Sadiq Umar?
Kelechi Iheanacho (homeboy needs to seriously hit the gym and straddle up his game, cause he's on a very limited grace of time).
-forget the likes of Onuachu, less said the better.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: With all been said, seen and done...

Post by vancity eagle »

Pretty much agree.

Can't wait for Lookman and Ejaria to join.

Musa needs to retire ASAP.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Too early to tell. There're some young players that could still make it. That Teri boy that just signed for L'orient is a beast. I wouldn't count him out.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:Pretty much agree.

Can't wait for Lookman and Ejaria to join.

Musa needs to retire ASAP.
Lookman and Ejaria should be all clear hopefully by the November games, Ejaria just needs a Nigerian passport.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Too early to tell. There're some young players that could still make it. That Teri boy that just signed for L'orient is a beast. I wouldn't count him out.
Teffi Moffi is whom you're talking about, another solid prospect as well.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Too early to tell. There're some young players that could still make it. That Teri boy that just signed for L'orient is a beast. I wouldn't count him out.

Honestly we should be looking at the following to deputize for Osimehn

Sadiq Umar
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Terrem Moffi

Does anybody think that Moffi guy would have been any worse than Iheanacho or Musa today ? We need guys who will hustle and harry the defences with high press.

Iheanacho should go sort out his career before invited back.

Onuachu should only ever don GWG again, if playing for the national basketball team. And Rohr berra not try calling up Simmy Nwankwo as an option.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Guy with **** as coach he will waste all the talents available to him. Watch him play Lookman as a DM when he starts playing for Nigeria that is if he even caps him sef. We need a young dynamic coach that can bring out the best of these guys like Keshi did back in 2013 and what the Algerian coach is doing now. **** is not good enough.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Sadiq Umar
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Terrem Moffi

Does anybody think that Moffi guy would have been any worse than Iheanacho or Musa today ? We need guys who will hustle and harry the defences with high press.

Onuachu should only ever don GWG again, if playing for the national basketball team. And Rohr berra not try calling up Simmy Nwankwo as an option.
To be fair to Onuachu, with that static midfield he was pretty much helpless. I mean we started a Defender as a CDM and played a rookie from Denmark who is pretty much a defensive midfielder as well... only Iwobi had to carry all the attacking burdens in both friendly matches. With a midfield of Ndidi (a natural ball winner), Aribo (a good progressor of the ball and goal scorer), Ejaria (a solid attacking mid), Etebo - a good hustler and hassler... Onuachu would have scored against Algeria...but he isn't good enough either way
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:Guy with **** as coach he will waste all the talents available to him. Watch him play Lookman as a DM when he starts playing for Nigeria that is if he even caps him sef. We need a young dynamic coach that can bring out the best of these guys like Keshi did back in 2013 and what the Algerian coach is doing now. **** is not good enough.
That besides the point
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
So what did we learn from the friendlies?

Post by 1naija »

I think absolutely nothing! I saw not improvement in our style of play or tactic. The only silver lining in my opinion is Maduka. I am glad he has Akpeyi that can teach him the ins and out of goalkeeping.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Sadiq Umar
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Terrem Moffi

To be fair to Onuachu, with that static midfield he was pretty much helpless. I mean we started a Defender as a CDM and played a rookie from Denmark who is pretty much a defensive midfielder as well... only Iwobi had to carry all the attacking burdens in both friendly matches. With a midfield of Ndidi (a natural ball winner), Aribo (a good progressor of the ball and goal scorer), Ejaria (a solid attacking mid), Etebo - a good hustler and hassler... Onuachu would have scored against Algeria...but he isn't good enough either way

So what was Onuachu's excuse at the AFCON ?

abeg the guy sucks, let him go score goals in Belgium and leave us alone. Its not as if we dont have plenty of other options.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

guys have more excuses for Onuachu than a pregnant nun :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So what did we learn from the friendlies?

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:I think absolutely nothing! I saw not improvement in our style of play or tactic. The only silver lining in my opinion is Maduka. I am glad he has Akpeyi that can teach him the ins and out of goalkeeping.
One thing 1naija is good at is like Trump, he knows how to generate publicity/popularity for his rantings :lol: :lol: :lol: . Akpeyi that Alloy Agu is still teaching how not to let his mind wonder during the game to the Akpu he ate last night.

On the first point, I believe the friendly is more for the coach to learn something than it is for us fans to learn anything. So we lost one 1-0, and drew the other 1-1. I think it was a fair outing. Unless of course the coach feels similarly to you about his learning...which I sincerely doubt.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys can drop names sha. A bunch of average players with average coach will always produce average results.

The only players that have established themselves in the team are

Akpeyi
Okoye
Ndidi
Iwobi
Moses
Osimhen.

They rest are average.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:I think absolutely nothing! I saw not improvement in our style of play or tactic. The only silver lining in my opinion is Maduka. I am glad he has Akpeyi that can teach him the ins and out of goalkeeping.
One thing 1naija is good at is like Trump, he knows how to generate publicity/popularity for his rantings :lol: :lol: :lol: . Akpeyi that Alloy Agu is still teaching how not to let his mind wonder during the game to the Akpu he ate last night.

On the first point, I believe the friendly is more for the coach to learn something than it is for us fans to learn anything. So we lost one 1-0, and drew the other 1-1. I think it was a fair outing. Unless of course the coach feels similarly to you about his learning...which I sincerely doubt.
Okoye did well, but he did let 2 goals in two useless friendlies. Dont forget that.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Olodo! You never learn anything. Not with uber,flossing or at the employment office. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

You and this Akpeyi thing is getting irritating. Are you his AGENT?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote:You guys can drop names sha. A bunch of average players with average coach will always produce average results.

The only players that have established themselves in the team are

Akpeyi
Okoye
Ndidi
Iwobi
Moses
Osimhen.

They rest are average.
Akpeyi :rotf:, you must be hitting pipe dude.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:Our solid, complete and undisputed starting world cup squad barring any major injuries will be in this order:

Gk's
* Uzoho.
* Okoye
*Yakubu
* Alampasu
- Akpeyi and Ezenwa are past it, but for experience sake I reckon Akpeyi will still be around for a short while.

CB's
* Balogun*
* Akpoguma*
*Ekong*
Semi Ajayi (please for the love of God he isn't a CDM).
*Awaziem*
*Adarabioyo*
* Omeruo*
- hopefully the likes of Uduokhai and Torunarigha will switch to the GWG, but it remains to be seen.

Full backs
* Ebuehi*
*Sanusi*
*Aina*
*Ehibizue*
*Collins*

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi (he will have to adjust to a more flexible role among the front 3,since Ejaria seems more suited for the Attacking Mid role)
Aribo
Ejaria
Etebo
Kelechi Nwakali (I think Nwakali can be our own Thomas Partey IMHO, he can play from deep like he does for Huesca, and be a playmaker from that position).
Samson Tijani (something tells me I'll like this kid, still very young so he has enough time).
- the likes of Azeez, Frank Onyeka, Alhassan are only shoo-in's in the event of injuries, unfortunately none of these guys are essentially good enough to make the starting 11...except maybe Azeez if he finds his form at Granada.

Wide forwards
Simon Moses (solid defensively and offensively, No 1 man here... no contest).
Chidera Ejike
Ademola Lookman (I can't wait for this kid to complete his nationality switch)
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Noah Sarenren-Bazee
Emmanuel Dennis
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa

Center-forwards
Victor Osimhen - undisputed Numero Uno
Cyriel Dessers.
Josh Maja
Sadiq Umar?
Kelechi Iheanacho (homeboy needs to seriously hit the gym and straddle up his game, cause he's on a very limited grace of time).
-forget the likes of Onuachu, less said the better.
Good list but I can’t rate Dessers/Maja etc over Kelechi, he did absolutely nothing in the few minutes he got, had what seemed to be a good chance that he somehow miskicked with the keeper rushing out. Most of the new faces were pretty underwhelming sha. They are gonna need a lot more chances to really assess them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!