I think we should start drafting a list of new SE coaches

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
I think we should start drafting a list of new SE coaches

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fortunately the WC will be during the fall of 2022. we have enough time to blend in a new manager after the the november qualifiers , we can also use the AFCON fro dress rehearsals. I have some very top quality attacking coaches the SE can attract . the 5 years experiment with the current manager has been woeful
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I think we should start drafting a list of new SE coache

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:fortunately the WC will be during the fall of 2022. we have enough time to blend in a new manager after the the november qualifiers , we can also use the AFCON fro dress rehearsals. I have some very top quality attacking coaches the SE can attract . the 5 years experiment with the current manager has been woeful

You still don't have a job? I can arrange for you to start cutiing my lawn ...as a favor. :mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If we are going to make a change. We need to make it now. 2 years is reasonable time before the next WC. Before the start of qualifications is the ideal time. But once we are in the middle of qualifications. Making a change won't do anything to improve our chances. Nigeria would have made its bed and will have to sleep in it. Fire brigade approach haven't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:If we are going to make a change. We need to make it now. 2 years is reasonable time before the next WC. Before the start of qualifications is the ideal time. But once we are in the middle of qualifications. Making a change won't do anything to improve our chances. Nigeria would have made its bed and will have to sleep in it. Fire brigade approach haven't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.
And what would be the reason for making a change now ?

Because of friendly matches, when the team hasn't played in a year, and was missing almost half of its starters.

We have a 100% record in the on going qualifying by the way.

We are stuck with Rohr til after Qatar 2022. People Berra get used to it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:fortunately the WC will be during the fall of 2022. we have enough time to blend in a new manager after the the november qualifiers , we can also use the AFCON fro dress rehearsals. I have some very top quality attacking coaches the SE can attract . the 5 years experiment with the current manager has been woeful

You still don't have a job? I can arrange for you to start cutiing my lawn ...as a favor. :mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:
My lawn needs some work too. I can actually get him more. homes to work on with my neighborhood Association. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:If we are going to make a change. We need to make it now. 2 years is reasonable time before the next WC. Before the start of qualifications is the ideal time. But once we are in the middle of qualifications. Making a change won't do anything to improve our chances. Nigeria would have made its bed and will have to sleep in it. Fire brigade approach haven't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.

Because of friendly matches, when the team hasn't played in a year, and was missing almost half of its starters.

:clap: Panicking has never got Nigeria anything.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Marcelo Bielsa
Pep Guadiola
Jurgen Klopp

That would be my shortlist.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Marcelo Bielsa
Pep Guadiola
Jurgen Klopp

we can't afford them, you need to come up with a new shortlist
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Marcelo Bielsa
Pep Guadiola
Jurgen Klopp

we can't afford them, you need to come up with a new shortlist
I think you're missing the point.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Amunike/Finidi are the best shots we got after Rohr goes, otherwise expect another journeyman foreign coach to take over the reins.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think they want to make a change in order to bring their clients. Granted I stand with coach Rohr, he needs to take a look at his game tactics, though
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I want Rohr's son to take over after him. Don't care if he's a janitor. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I look forward to the day former Super Eagles captain (champions league winner, Multiple FA cups winner, multiple English premier league winner, Olympic goal winner) is given the chance to manager the Nigerian National team that man is Nwankwo Kanu.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Flex Swift wrote:I look forward to the day former Super Eagles captain (champions league winner, Multiple FA cups winner, multiple English premier league winner, Olympic goal winner) is given the chance to manager the Nigerian National team that man is Nwankwo Kanu.
No.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I look forward to the day former Super Eagles captain (champions league winner, Multiple FA cups winner, multiple English premier league winner, Olympic goal winner) is given the chance to manager the Nigerian National team that man is Nwankwo Kanu.
No.
Is the Cameroon forum down again? Have you guys paid Seedorf?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Team building is a process. Rohr has managed to transition the team well. The likes of Igahlo, Mikel, Onazi, Shehu, Elderson, Victor Moses, Ogu have been replaced with minimum disruption, while the replacement for Musa is already knocking on the door. We continue to slowly climb the FIFA ranking and even Nike have thrown their weight behind the SE and renewed their love affair. There is competition for places and the team naturally picks itself all while the average age of the team is dropping.

IMO the team is just 2 players (both creative attacking m/f ) short of being set. Ejaria and Tijani are decent prospects that might fill these roles and both are on the radar. What we should be doing now is building long term capacity and readying a local coach who will take over after the next WC. Yobo is in the mix, Ammunike is cutting his teeth, Finidi & Mutiu Adepoju are also good choices. We should be focused on long term planning, not scrambling around for the next journey man (that's all our money is going to get us), besides no top coach will take over at this point in the football calendar, not unless the WC qualification was already in the bag...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I hope you all don't start clamoring for a foreign coach when Yobo is appointed as the head coach after Rohr.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:I hope you all don't start clamoring for a foreign coach when Yobo is appointed as the head coach after Rohr.
to be honest, i wouldn't mind Yobo being the new coach ASAP
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Flex Swift wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
No.
wtf are you talking about?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
No.
we all know you are from Cameroon.. enough with the pretense
SuperEagles

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
No.
we all know you are from Cameroon.. enough with the pretense
you started a thread on drafting new coaches and you didnt come up with a reasonable name....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i already have a list
SuperEagles