Keshi would have made the 2nd round of WC 2018 and a 4th CAF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Keshi would have made the 2nd round of WC 2018 and a 4th CAF

Post by Bigpokey24 »

title with this current squad. just imagine if he was the coach.. we will always dominate possession with Keshi instead of hiding and hoping for a long ball park the bus tactics from the fake man parading as a manger ..5th year and counting the SE looks lost with no pattern of playing style

Keshi qualified with ease , won AFCOn and made WC 2nd round all under 2 and a half years
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Keshi would have made the 2nd round of WC 2018 and a 4th

Post by vancity eagle »

Keshi wouldnt even call up half of this current squad.

He would call up all manner of Gambo, Rambo, and who was that non professional player he called up and handed the #10 jersey ?

This a man who couldn't even qualify for a common ANC. A man whose only WC victory came via a ref mistake that would have been overturned in this VAR era. Gerrout !
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bigpokey24,

Help me with this question:

When SE lose to Croatia, they talk sey Croatians dey play for top leagues.

When SE lose to Argentina. Argentina get Messi, Del Maria etc.

When SE lose to Algeria, Algeria get Mahrez.

When SE draw with Tunisia... Wetin be the excuse?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:Keshi wouldnt even call up half of this current squad.

He would call up all manner of Gambo, Rambo, and who was that non professional player he called up and handed the #10 jersey ?

This a man who couldn't even qualify for a common ANC. A man whose only WC victory came via a ref mistake that would have been overturned in this VAR era. Gerrout !
Keshi won AfCon.

Rohr 3rd Place.

End off!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:Bigpokey24,

When SE lose to Croatia, they talk sey Croatians dey play for top leagues.

When SE lose to Algeria, Algeria get Mahrez.

When SE draw with Tunisia... Wetin be the excuse?
Let's not pretend or become selectively amnesic to the fact that a Keshi coached team had some embarrassing results against minnows.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

... Like conceding two goals against Lesotho and conceding the most goals in ANC by the SE?

We lost to Madagascar, because they were the first to qualify for ANC!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:... Like conceding two goals against Lesotho and conceding the most goals in ANC by the SE?

We lost to Madagascar, because they were the first to qualify for ANC!
We lost to teams like Sudan under Keshi, struggled against the likes of Kenya, Namibia, Ethiopia, heck we even got nearly outplayed by Tahiti in the confed cup etc...

We lost to Madagascar no doubt but we lined up a team of retirees like Mikel, Ogu, Ighalo and the likes in a game we pretty much didn't even need or care to win (naive on our part no doubt)... against Lesotho, technically we dashed them one goal courtesy of Awaziem's own goal mistake :taunt: but that was pretty much a very young team with the likes of Osimhen, Aribo, Chukwueze etc playing their first major competition without veterans to guide them.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

When SE lose to Spain, they talk sey Spaniards dey play for top leagues.

When SE lose to France, they talk sey dem wound Onazi.

When SE draw with Iran... Wetin be the excuse?
Fixed!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Rohr ain't it people. He is a good solid recruiter but this is not Bordeaux of the early 90s. He is can't figure out what to do with the team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

As already stated, though I am beginning to question coach Rohr's game plans and tactics, coach Keshi would have ignored several of these knew players and invited his 'brown-bagged' players. Thus, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

I agree.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote:

When SE lose to Spain, they talk sey Spaniards dey play for top leagues.

When SE lose to France, they talk sey dem wound Onazi.

When SE draw with Iran... Wetin be the excuse?
Fixed!
WC 2nd Round!
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

I love Keshi, but international football has such fine margins, a bounce here or there and he is remembered entirely differently. His 2014 World Cup was pretty similar to Rohr's 2018. An abominable performance in the first match, tight win against a middling European team in the second, and a "close" loss to Argentina in the third. This is without mentioning the perfectly legitimate goal taken from Bosnia, or an eliminated Bosnia doing us a favor on the last matchday. If the ref gives a penalty for the Rojo handball in 2018, Nigeria probably loses to France in the round of 16, just like in 2014. Do people not remember the massive deflection for Mba's goal in the 2013 AFCON?

I am not calling Keshi lucky, or diminishing him, but just saying that he is not a miracle worker. He won't turn water into wine. SE were not a world class side in 2013-2014 and they are not one today. It is a team that generally competes with the top sides in Africa and is middling at World level, and has been this way for the majority of the last 30 years. Would Keshi even have interest in the recruits Rohr has gotten from abroad? He didn't seem to in his original stint. I am not Rohr's biggest fan, but people are hyping up the Keshi years as something they just were not.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olumide wrote:I love Keshi, but international football has such fine margins, a bounce here or there and he is remembered entirely differently. His 2014 World Cup was pretty similar to Rohr's 2018. An abominable performance in the first match, tight win against a middling European team in the second, and a "close" loss to Argentina in the third. This is without mentioning the perfectly legitimate goal taken from Bosnia, or an eliminated Bosnia doing us a favor on the last matchday. If the ref gives a penalty for the Rojo handball in 2018, Nigeria probably loses to France in the round of 16, just like in 2014. Do people not remember the massive deflection for Mba's goal in the 2013 AFCON?

I am not calling Keshi lucky, or diminishing him, but just saying that he is not a miracle worker. He won't turn water into wine. SE were not a world class side in 2013-2014 and they are not one today. It is a team that generally competes with the top sides in Africa and is middling at World level, and has been this way for the majority of the last 30 years. Would Keshi even have interest in the recruits Rohr has gotten from abroad? He didn't seem to in his original stint. I am not Rohr's biggest fan, but people are hyping up the Keshi years as something they just were not.
KPOM

well said.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

olumide wrote:I love Keshi, but international football has such fine margins, a bounce here or there and he is remembered entirely differently. His 2014 World Cup was pretty similar to Rohr's 2018. An abominable performance in the first match, tight win against a middling European team in the second, and a "close" loss to Argentina in the third. This is without mentioning the perfectly legitimate goal taken from Bosnia, or an eliminated Bosnia doing us a favor on the last matchday. If the ref gives a penalty for the Rojo handball in 2018, Nigeria probably loses to France in the round of 16, just like in 2014. Do people not remember the massive deflection for Mba's goal in the 2013 AFCON?

:clap: :clap: :clap: I remember that match against Bosnia, even as a Nigerian I couldn't help but feel the injustice meted out against the Bosnians.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

A lovely prose written based on 'if'.

Records don't contain if.

Keshi WC 2nd Round.

Rohr group stage.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what the heck are you writing? All what you wrote never happened. Nigeria got to the 2nd round all you wrote are opinions and alternative imaginary outcomes...these fake info you wrote never happened. am i missing something here....how can anyone state something that never happened and use that as points? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oh my...
SuperEagles

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

This is a lot of If's you seem to be banking on sha, let me try and join you in that. So in that case Giroud should've received a red card after that blatant elbow on Mikel same with Matuidi when he broke Onazi's ankle. And Bosnia didn't do us any favours seeing how Iran parked the bus in their first two matchups, they had no choice but to attack if they wanted to go past the group stage and were exposed. So there was a deflection for Mba's goal? What about the second one that won us AFCON? There's really no need to try and rewrite history just because of how things ended. :sleep:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset you are missing the point.

Sometimes the difference between success and failure IS LUCK.

If you want to honestly compare Keshis WC to Rohrs, I will say that is really the only difference. Starting with the luck of the much easier group Keshi drew to the luck of a legit goal by Bosnia being wiped clear.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:Sunset you are missing the point.

If you want to honestly compare Keshis WC to Rohrs, I will say that is really the only difference. Starting with the luck of the much easier group Keshi drew to the luck of a legit goal by Bosnia being wiped clear.
I'm talking about an AFCON final & a World Cup round of 16 encounter bros, that's a completely different realm so I'm not really sure of the relevance of group stage matches to even make a comparison of the two.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote:

I'm talking about an AFCON final & a World Cup round of 16 encounter bros, that's a completely different realm so I'm not really sure of the relevance of group stage matches to even make a comparison of the two.

Keshi's team played really well in the following matches

vs Mali ANC semi
vs CIV ANC quarter final

vs France WC 2nd round (Luck was against us/Keshi on this occasion while it favoured him earlier)

we were ok against Bosnia and OK vs Argentina

Other than these matches, over 80% of Keshi's other games were absolutely atrocious. The way he made us STRUGGLE AGAINST MINNOWS, was something I do not miss for one minute.

Rohr's record in Africa (qualifying included) is far superior.

and again for all the talk of "keshi's attacking football" that was supposedly pleasing to the eye, the way we played African minnows in qualifying was horrific. So no he did not really play this so called beautifual "attacking football" In fact his team was far more disjointed and struggled to make passes much more than Rohr's.

Keshi had ups and downs, he got the team to click at key moments, but at other times it was piss poor. So lets not rewrite history, like others have said there was good and bad with Keshi, same thing with Rohr, so lets stop acting like one was a saviour and the other was horrible. Both coaches can be discussed with nuance. Personally I prefer Rohr any day of the week, but I can't take away what Keshi achieved.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:

Keshi's team played really well in the following matches

vs Mali ANC semi
vs CIV ANC quarter final

vs France WC 2nd round (Luck was against us/Keshi on this occasion while it favoured him earlier)

we were ok against Bosnia and OK vs Argentina

Other than these matches, over 80% of Keshi's other games were absolutely atrocious. The way he made us STRUGGLE AGAINST MINNOWS, was something I do not miss for one minute.

Rohr's record in Africa (qualifying included) is far superior.

and again for all the talk of "keshi's attacking football" that was supposedly pleasing to the eye, the way we played African minnows in qualifying was horrific. So no he did not really play this so called beautifual "attacking football" In fact his team was far more disjointed and struggled to make passes much more than Rohr's.

Keshi had ups and downs, he got the team to click at key moments, but at other times it was piss poor. So lets not rewrite history, like others have said there was good and bad with Keshi, same thing with Rohr, so lets stop acting like one was a saviour and the other was horrible. Both coaches can be discussed with nuance. Personally I prefer Rohr any day of the week, but I can't take away what Keshi achieved.
Minnows like CIV the country you supported against Nigeria.

You tried and you failed. You remember how you wish death on coaches?

Your preferred coach is yet to achieve anything that will make him to stand at the same level as Keshi.

Right now, Rohr is on the same level as Pa Onigbinde with Onigbinde slightly ahead of him. Onigbinde had ANC Silver and First round worldcup!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”