How will you line up against Sierra Lone next month?

Let's see your line up's!
Re: How will you line up against Sierra Lone next month?

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Ajayi, Ekong, Sanusi
Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi

Chukwuze, Osimhen, S Moses

Okoye
Ebuehi
Balogun
Ekong
Sanusi
Etebo
Aribo
Iwobi
Simon
Samu
Osimehn

isn't Ndidi injured till December?

Onyeka replaces Ndidi if he is injured.

ohenhen1 wrote:Onyeka replaces Ndidi if he is injured.
God forbid, Nwakali definitely gets in place of Ndidi.

Ugbowo wrote:Okoye
Ebuehi
Balogun
Ekong
Sanusi
Etebo
Aribo
Iwobi
Simon
Samu
Osimehn
I'll throw Ejaria (if his passport issues are sorted out) and maybe Kelechi Nwakali to that midfield, but I generally agree with this line up.

Tobi17 wrote:isn't Ndidi injured till December?
Yes o, hopefully Aribo and Etebo can make it, else it will be more @semishems in CM.

Tobi17 wrote:
Ok, so Rohr - in a CM crisis - only gave him 45 minutes in friendlies but you think will give him a starting role in games that count? I can't see it happening, neither can I see Nwakali getting a call, we know who the backup is, our versatile West Brom defender.

Tobi17 wrote:
Ok, so Rohr - in a CM crisis - only gave him 45 minutes in friendlies but you think will give him a starting role in games that count? I can't see it happening, neither can I see Nwakali getting a call, we know who the backup is, our versatile West Brom defender.
I don't know whats in the water the guy drinks.

Tobi17 wrote:isn't Ndidi injured till December?
Yes o, hopefully Aribo and Etebo can make it, else it will be more @semishems in CM.
Mace,

Iwobi, Aribo and Etebo should definitely be more than enough to take care of Sierra Lone, I say we stick Etebo in the CDM position since he can progress the ball better and faster than Ajayi. I also think Ejaria should start as a CAM so we can see what he can do, Iwobi needs a free role to operate.

The Sierra Leone game is going to be tough no matter who u put on your list. This is AFRICA we're talking about. Even if you include Messi and Ronaldo, playing against SL is at best a 1 or 2 goal game.

ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi

Even after Balogun’s performance over the last few days, you will still start with Ekong?

Meanwhile, Chumwuwze needs to be benched. He is off form.

And I think Collins will start ahead of Sanusi who picked up a groin injury and probably won’t be ready.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi

You and Rohr drink the same water. Balogun and Akpoguma are way ahead of Ekong and Ajayi on current form and if the team is picked on merit they start ahead of them. Like Rohr, you appear to believe in past glory and big names!

Lolly wrote:
Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi

Even after Balogun’s performance over the last few days, you will still start with Ekong?

Meanwhile, Chumwuwze needs to be benched. He is off form.

And I think Collins will start ahead of Sanusi who picked up a groin injury and probably won’t be ready.

If Collins starts we are in trouble. The guy sucks defensively.

Aina at LB.

************************************OKOYE******************************************

EBUEHI***************AKPOBUMA****************BALOGUN**********************SANUSI

**************************ETEBO**********ARIBO***********************************

*********************************IWOBI********************************************

CHUKWUEZE*****************************************************************SIMON

********************************OSIMEHN*****************************************

SUBS

EJUKE
AZEEZ
DESSERS
AJAYI
IHEANACHO
AINA

Personally I would call up Sadiq Umar, Kelechi Nwakali, and Alhassan Yusuf. Even though these are serious matches and these guys will likely not start, we can still assess one or two players in training and with Ndidi out and Aribo and Etebo recovering, I think we really need to see other midfielders.

Also if Lookman and Ejaria come through in time, they are a must.

Apparently Kalu tore his hamstring and will be out for about a month.

I think its important to play Okoye in goal even if Uzoho is fit. He has had 2 solid matches in goal against credible opponents and has gelled with the back 4. Playing Uzoho who is just back from injury after almost a year off, would be pretty stupid IMO. Rohr has gotten his handling of the GK situation spot on IMO.

vancity eagle wrote:************************************OKOYE******************************************

EBUEHI***************AKPOBUMA****************BALOGUN**********************SANUSI

**************************ETEBO**********ARIBO***********************************

*********************************IWOBI********************************************

********************************OSIMEHN*****************************************

SUBS

EJUKE
AZEEZ
DESSERS
AJAYI
IHEANACHO
AINA

Personally I would call up Sadiq Umar, Kelechi Nwakali, and Alhassan Yusuf. Even though these are serious matches and these guys will likely not start, we can still assess one or two players in training and with Ndidi out and Aribo and Etebo recovering, I think we really need to see other midfielders.

I think its important to play Okoye in goal even if Uzoho is fit. He has had 2 solid matches in goal against credible opponents and has gelled with the back 4. Playing Uzoho who is just back from injury after almost a year off, would be pretty stupid IMO. Rohr has gotten his handling of the GK situation spot on IMO.
Unless Lookman is on fire in Fulham, he won't make the cut. Okoye maned the post in both friendlies because Alloy Agu has probably endorsed him as the most reliable pair of hands amongst the 3 in camp. He will be a definite starter against SL, If he keeps a clean sheet in this game Uzoho will have a fight on his hands to get the shirt back.

Baring no injuries, I think your first 11 start in the next game. :thumb:

vancity eagle wrote:************************************OKOYE******************************************

SUBS

EJUKE
AZEEZ
DESSERS
AJAYI
IHEANACHO
AINA

Personally I'll go with Chidera Ejike over Chukwueze, but you got pretty much the expected line up.

Some of yall they try shy. I dont know how una get excited about a Rohr team that is so lifeless that one can fall asleep watching them. Can't wait till he is gone and a coach with an exciting approach to football is hired. Nothing the likes of Ekong, Collins, Ebuehi, Ajayi, Aina, Simon, Onuachu etc will do next month that you can't already predict or already seem. When you pay a coach the kind of money Rohr is paid, he is supposed to unearth and assemble a group of world beaters not these set of div 3 quality players being paraded. He seems to just be throwing darts on the wall to see if it sticks, not sure he knows what a baller is if it hits him on the forehead.

Tobi17 wrote:

SUBS

EJUKE
AZEEZ
DESSERS
AJAYI
IHEANACHO
AINA

Personally I'll go with Chidera Ejike over Chukwueze, but you got pretty much the expected line up.

I have a hunch Ejuke doesn't add much to the defense, I'm guessing that's why Rohr did not give him very many minutes, and why he did not start, and likely WILL NEVER START under Rohr. Rohr will probably use him as a joker if we need a goal and bring him on in the final 15, I could be wrong but that is what I sense, knowing Rohr and knowing Ejuke's complaints from his managers at club level. If this is true I wouldn't ever start Ejuke and I think I would agree with Rohr's position.

oscar52 wrote:Some of yall they try shy. I dont know how una get excited about a Rohr team that is so lifeless that one can fall asleep watching them. Can't wait till he is gone and a coach with an exciting approach to football is hired. Nothing the likes of Ekong, Collins, Ebuehi, Ajayi, Aina, Simon, Onuachu etc will do next month that you can't already predict or already seem. When you pay a coach the kind of money Rohr is paid, he is supposed to unearth and assemble a group of world beaters not these set of div 3 quality players being paraded. He seems to just be throwing darts on the wall to see if it sticks, not sure he knows what a baller is if it hits him on the forehead.
This is true for some of his matches.

But the Nigeria I saw against Ukraine and Lesotho, I haven't enjoyed a SE match or seen them play so well for over a decade.

Lets see how we play vs Sierra Leone.

Formation or players these games will be tough. Nigeria cannot play..simple.

This team has played on a consistent level in Africa and is rising slowly on the FIFA rankings, but I am afraid this is as far as Rohr can take us.

3rd place at AFCON and group stage/Round 16 exit (at best at) the World Cup.

We pray to meet an easy team in the later qualification rounds of the world cup qualifiers. If not, we may not qualify.
Last edited by Robotnik on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The line up will be

Akpeyi
Balogun
Ekong
Ebuehi
Awaziem
Ndidi
Etebo
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Moses
Osinhem.

The only thing that will change this lineup is if the injured players are still injured by game day. None of the new players has shown to be better than these players.