How will you line up against Sierra Lone next month?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: How will you line up against Sierra Lone next month?

Post by Mr Shows »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:************************************OKOYE******************************************

EBUEHI***************AKPOBUMA****************BALOGUN**********************SANUSI

**************************ETEBO**********ARIBO***********************************

*********************************IWOBI********************************************

CHUKWUEZE*****************************************************************SIMON

********************************OSIMEHN*****************************************

SUBS

EJUKE
AZEEZ
DESSERS
AJAYI
IHEANACHO
AINA

Personally I would call up Sadiq Umar, Kelechi Nwakali, and Alhassan Yusuf. Even though these are serious matches and these guys will likely not start, we can still assess one or two players in training and with Ndidi out and Aribo and Etebo recovering, I think we really need to see other midfielders.

Also if Lookman and Ejaria come through in time, they are a must.

Apparently Kalu tore his hamstring and will be out for about a month.

I think its important to play Okoye in goal even if Uzoho is fit. He has had 2 solid matches in goal against credible opponents and has gelled with the back 4. Playing Uzoho who is just back from injury after almost a year off, would be pretty stupid IMO. Rohr has gotten his handling of the GK situation spot on IMO.
Personally I'll go with Chidera Ejike over Chukwueze, but you got pretty much the expected line up.

I have a hunch Ejuke doesn't add much to the defense, I'm guessing that's why Rohr did not give him very many minutes, and why he did not start, and likely WILL NEVER START under Rohr. Rohr will probably use him as a joker if we need a goal and bring him on in the final 15, I could be wrong but that is what I sense, knowing Rohr and knowing Ejuke's complaints from his managers at club level. If this is true I wouldn't ever start Ejuke and I think I would agree with Rohr's position.
I kind of agree with you on this. This is the same reason why Simon edges it over Kalu in Rohrs eye.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Robotnik wrote:Formation or players these games will be tough. Nigeria cannot play..simple.

This team has played on a consistent level in Africa and is rising slowly on the FIFA rankings, but I am afraid this is as far as Rohr can take us.

3rd place at AFCON and group stage/Round 16 exit (at best at) the World Cup.

We pray to meet an easy team in the later qualification rounds of the world cup qualifiers. If not, we may not qualify.
Rohr's team is missing one fundamental component and it will be interesting to see who steps up to the position. He is naturally allowing the team to gradually evolve without disrupting team chemistry. Sanusi has played himself into the left back position and is likely to cement the position. Aina's spot at right back is at threat to Ebuehi.

The final piece in the jigsaw is a 'Pirlo' to dictate our play from c/m, who has the Okocha short range of passing and Oliseh's long. Etebo is the closest but his ball retention skills are a bit short. Iwobi needs to have a central player he can play quick 'give and goes' with, who can play the ball through the channels to Osimhen.. Ejaria is the brightest prospect on the horizon. If he Aribo and Iwobi find a rhythm with Ndidi sitting, then Etebo will be gradually transitioned out.

Our 1st eleven is gradually taking shape. These 2 friendlies were just part of the evaluation and filtering process
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:clap:
Robotnik wrote:Formation or players these games will be tough. Nigeria cannot play..simple.

This team has played on a consistent level in Africa and is rising slowly on the FIFA rankings, but I am afraid this is as far as Rohr can take us.

We pray to meet an easy team in the later qualification rounds of the world cup qualifiers. If not, we may not qualify.
A team that parades the likes of Ndidi, Aribo, Iwobi, Osimhen etc shouldn't struggle at any world stage, Rohr or no Rohr, let's not get too melancholic about our team.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Mr Shows wrote:

Rohr's team is missing one fundamental component and it will be interesting to see who steps up to the position. He is naturally allowing the team to gradually evolve without disrupting team chemistry. Sanusi has played himself into the left back position and is likely to cement the position. Aina's spot at right back is at threat to Ebuehi.

The final piece in the jigsaw is a 'Pirlo' to dictate our play from c/m, who has the Okocha short range of passing and Oliseh's long. Etebo is the closest but his ball retention skills are a bit short. Iwobi needs to have a central player he can play quick 'give and goes' with, who can play the ball through the channels to Osimhen.. Ejaria is the brightest prospect on the horizon. If he Aribo and Iwobi find a rhythm with Ndidi sitting, then Etebo will be gradually transitioned out.

Our 1st eleven is gradually taking shape. These 2 friendlies were just part of the evaluation and filtering process
That's why I need to see what Ejaria can do in this team, something tells me he is the ideal player that can step up to that creative role and make the midfield tick... his form at Reading this season definitely cements that fact.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote::clap:

A team that parades the likes of Ndidi, Aribo, Iwobi, Osimhen etc shouldn't struggle at any world stage, Rohr or no Rohr, let's not get too melancholic about our team.
Especially with all the trophies we won before Rohr took over. :we couldn't even qualify for Afcon.roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Some of yall they try shy. I dont know how una get excited about a Rohr team that is so lifeless that one can fall asleep watching them. Can't wait till he is gone and a coach with an exciting approach to football is hired. Nothing the likes of Ekong, Collins, Ebuehi, Ajayi, Aina, Simon, Onuachu etc will do next month that you can't already predict or already seem. When you pay a coach the kind of money Rohr is paid, he is supposed to unearth and assemble a group of world beaters not these set of div 3 quality players being paraded. He seems to just be throwing darts on the wall to see if it sticks, not sure he knows what a baller is if it hits him on the forehead.
This is true for some of his matches.

But the Nigeria I saw against Ukraine and Lesotho, I haven't enjoyed a SE match or seen them play so well for over a decade.

Lets see how we play vs Sierra Leone.
Dude Ukraine game was a friendly match stop taking that game so seriously. We all know Rohr won't have the balls to play that way in a tournament.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei , Lesotho is the yardstick now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....naija don suffer kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Ebuehi, Ajayi, Ekong, Sanusi
Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi

Chukwuze, Osimhen, S Moses
Ndidi would not be available for the game. He'll be back in December
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote::clap:

Especially with all the trophies we won before Rohr took over. :we couldn't even qualify for Afcon.roll:
Keshi won the AFCON at first attempt :thumbs:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The Sierra Leone game is going to be tough no matter who u put on your list. This is AFRICA we're talking about. Even if you include Messi and Ronaldo, playing against SL is at best a 1 or 2 goal game.
Playing against Sierra Leone is now a tough encounter, since Rohr became coach :tic:

Let´s hope we don´t concede a goal or two against this tough Sierra Leone side :laugh:

A bad workman blames his tools.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

*********************************Osimhen********************************

**************Kalu**********************************Ejuke**************

**********************************Iwobi***********************************

*****************Ndidi**************************Aribo********************

***Sanusi**********Balogun************Akpoguma**********Ebuehi***

*****************************************Uzoho****************************

This is arguably our strongest 11. There are injury and fitness doubts over several players, however, as the likes of Uzoho, Sanusi, Ndidi, Aribo and Kalu are not certain to be match fit. Ejuke has the ability to go past players in a manner that will open up opposing defences and we need to exploit that to the maximum.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Na wa oo. Naija's with short term memories. This same Rohr joined just after the first round of WC qualifying in 2016 to face a group containing Algeria (then undefeated in 17 games, best African team in the 2014 WC, Cameroun - who were months away from becoming African Champions as well as a very vibrant Zambia side full of exciting youngsters for the 2018 World Cup. Nigeria were at it's lowest yet, this same Rohr guided us to stroll through our toughest ever World Cup qualifying group, winning it with a game to spare. The only other time we qualified this easy was for the 1998 World Cup in a group comprising Guinea, Burkina Faso & Kenya. Abeg, give this man his due. The only teams in Africa that I can see would give us a hard time are Algeria & Senegal. We will surely beat the rest.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:*********************************Osimhen********************************

**************Kalu**********************************Ejuke**************

**********************************Iwobi***********************************

*****************Ndidi**************************Aribo********************

***Sanusi**********Balogun************Akpoguma**********Ebuehi***

*****************************************Uzoho****************************

This is arguably our strongest 11. There are injury and fitness doubts over several players, however, as the likes of Uzoho, Sanusi, Ndidi, Aribo and Kalu are not certain to be match fit. Ejuke has the ability to go past players in a manner that will open up opposing defences and we need to exploit that to the maximum.
Which Ejuke? The one you claimed was a CM ehn? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Btw Akpoguma is super average I wouldn’t rush to put him as our starting CB unless you want to start leaking anyhow.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Some of yall they try shy. I dont know how una get excited about a Rohr team that is so lifeless that one can fall asleep watching them. Can't wait till he is gone and a coach with an exciting approach to football is hired. Nothing the likes of Ekong, Collins, Ebuehi, Ajayi, Aina, Simon, Onuachu etc will do next month that you can't already predict or already seem. When you pay a coach the kind of money Rohr is paid, he is supposed to unearth and assemble a group of world beaters not these set of div 3 quality players being paraded. He seems to just be throwing darts on the wall to see if it sticks, not sure he knows what a baller is if it hits him on the forehead.
This is true for some of his matches.

But the Nigeria I saw against Ukraine and Lesotho, I haven't enjoyed a SE match or seen them play so well for over a decade.

Lets see how we play vs Sierra Leone.
Dude Ukraine game was a friendly match stop taking that game so seriously. We all know Rohr won't have the balls to play that way in a tournament.
What the heck?

So we play good in a friendly you can't give him credit?

We then play bad in a friendly and you attack him ?

Where's the "na friendly" excuse now ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:chei , Lesotho is the yardstick now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....naija don suffer kai
Your Keshi struggled against virtually every minnow he faced, including

Kenya, Namibia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Sudan, Congo, and YES TAHITI.

Not once did Keshia team play minnows as well as the Lesotho match. NOT ONCE.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:chei , Lesotho is the yardstick now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....naija don suffer kai

How about how he played in an ANC semi-final? How about how he played in a final, how did **** fair in his ANC final....oh wait :mrgreen: Hope you are not more focused on beating minnows than competing with the best of the best...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If there are injury concerns.

Okoye
Iwobi, Agu, Etebo
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

How about how he played in an ANC semi-final? How about how he played in a final, how did **** fair in his ANC final....oh wait :mrgreen: Hope you are not more focused on beating minnows than competing with the best of the best...
You can't play against the best when you fail to qualify for a competition by failing AGAINST MINNOWS.

What happened to Keshi's defense of the Afcon trophy ?

Keshi team played in 2 AFCON competitions. They won one and failed to even qualify for the other.

Let us see what Rohr does in 2 tournaments so we can properly compare. He's already en route to qualifying for a second tournament, so he will have already passed Keshi in that regard.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is so funny.
I guess it's a case of once you have the money and can pay top dollar, that coach will turn you into world beaters, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
So what happened to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, China, USA that have all the resources in the world to pay "that kind of money" and much more?
Its bad enough trying to convince many Nigerians that some FB Nigerians are worthy of consideration for the SE and you truly believe money is the issue?

Did you know Keshi was in 2012 being paid roughly the same as Rohr is today, allowing for inflation?
And rightly so!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:If there are injury concerns.

Okoye
Iwobi, Agu, Etebo
Agu and Etebo in your midfield, where will your creativity come from? seems you didn't learn from the Ajayi/Onyeka/Agu midfield conundrum of disaster in the friendly matches
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:If there are injury concerns.

Okoye
Iwobi, Agu, Etebo
Agu and Etebo in your midfield, where will your creativity come from? seems you didn't learn from the Ajayi/Onyeka/Agu midfield conundrum of disaster in the friendly matches
Will prefer to have Aribo and Ndidi start. But injury problems will force the change. Also would like Ejaria to be involved. Don't know his status.

Playing for a 1 or 2 goal win. Creativity will come from Iwobi, and the full backs. Will need Chukwuze to reclaim his old form.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

You can't play against the best when you fail to qualify for a competition by failing AGAINST MINNOWS.

What happened to Keshi's defense of the Afcon trophy ?

Keshi team played in 2 AFCON competitions. They won one and failed to even qualify for the other.

Let us see what Rohr does in 2 tournaments so we can properly compare. He's already en route to qualifying for a second tournament, so he will have already passed Keshi in that regard.
He CAN'T PASS KESHI, don't you get it? He's already had the chance to and failed...now you are bringing in after the facts stuff to dilute the comparison. Belsabaini's current work with Algeria is similar to Keshi's and is clearly better than what Rohr is doing. Hopefully **** wins something at some point but he can't go back in time to do what Keshi did winning the ANC on his first try and getting to the WC 2nd round..... :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!