Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Semi Ajayi
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:35 pm 

Uzoho is younger and he is better than Akpeyi any day. That is why Uzoho started for Nigeria at the world cup and Akpeyi was on the bench. Uzoho is slowly coming back from injury and when he is ready he will reclaim his spot as the number one for the Eagles.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx

Post subject: Re: Semi Ajayi
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:51 pm 

Lolly wrote:
1naija wrote:
onovo wrote:
1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Akpeyi is not a good GK. He is shaky, doesn't inspire confidence. He is also 32 or 33. What is the point of inviting Akpeyi. Hope he recovers from his serious injury, wish him the best at his club, but his time with national team is over.

His "Shakiness" which is just a figment of most of your imaginatiions has not cost any ay competitive games. That's why the coaches rely on him. He is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria at the moment, whether you like it or not. Only a better goalkeeper (performance wise) can displace him. None of the current goalkeepers we have is better than him at the moment. That's the FACT!

Nice one ! love him ! hate him ! Akpeyi is still the best goalkeeper in the country at the moment ! Fact !

That's the funny thing with Nigerians. They complain about the country not appointing the best person for political appointments, but show their bias when someone works hard to attain his position. I am fine with any goalkeeper that displaces Akpeyi on merit, but they are not ready to accept Akpeyi as our best. They would rather use their biases to select an inferior goalkeeper ahead of Akpeyi just because they dont like the boy. Thankfully, the coaches know best.

And why do you think some people don’t like your boy? Could it have something to do with what they have seen of him on the pitch?

The coaches like him, that's all that matters. If we listened to the same "some people", Moses Simon would have been discarded a long time ago also. Those "some people" dont know what they are talking about. I think they are all on pot.