Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:45 pm 

fortunately the WC will be during the fall of 2022. we have enough time to blend in a new manager after the the november qualifiers , we can also use the AFCON fro dress rehearsals. I have some very top quality attacking coaches the SE can attract . the 5 years experiment with the current manager has been woeful

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
fortunately the WC will be during the fall of 2022. we have enough time to blend in a new manager after the the november qualifiers , we can also use the AFCON fro dress rehearsals. I have some very top quality attacking coaches the SE can attract . the 5 years experiment with the current manager has been woeful

You still don't have a job? I can arrange for you to start cutiing my lawn ...as a favor. :mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 pm 

If we are going to make a change. We need to make it now. 2 years is reasonable time before the next WC. Before the start of qualifications is the ideal time. But once we are in the middle of qualifications. Making a change won't do anything to improve our chances. Nigeria would have made its bed and will have to sleep in it. Fire brigade approach haven't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 pm 

ohenhen1 wrote:
If we are going to make a change. We need to make it now. 2 years is reasonable time before the next WC. Before the start of qualifications is the ideal time. But once we are in the middle of qualifications. Making a change won't do anything to improve our chances. Nigeria would have made its bed and will have to sleep in it. Fire brigade approach haven't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.

And what would be the reason for making a change now ?

Because of friendly matches, when the team hasn't played in a year, and was missing almost half of its starters.

We have a 100% record in the on going qualifying by the way.

We are stuck with Rohr til after Qatar 2022. People Berra get used to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:29 pm 

1naija wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

You still don't have a job? I can arrange for you to start cutiing my lawn ...as a favor. :mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

My lawn needs some work too. I can actually get him more. homes to work on with my neighborhood Association. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:57 am 

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Because of friendly matches, when the team hasn't played in a year, and was missing almost half of its starters.

:clap: Panicking has never got Nigeria anything.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm 

Marcelo Bielsa
Pep Guadiola
Jurgen Klopp

That would be my shortlist.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:05 pm 

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Marcelo Bielsa
Pep Guadiola
Jurgen Klopp

we can't afford them, you need to come up with a new shortlist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:15 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Marcelo Bielsa
Pep Guadiola
Jurgen Klopp

we can't afford them, you need to come up with a new shortlist

I think you're missing the point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:13 pm 

Amunike/Finidi are the best shots we got after Rohr goes, otherwise expect another journeyman foreign coach to take over the reins.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:17 pm 

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think they want to make a change in order to bring their clients. Granted I stand with coach Rohr, he needs to take a look at his game tactics, though

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:23 pm 

I want Rohr's son to take over after him. Don't care if he's a janitor. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:43 pm 

I look forward to the day former Super Eagles captain (champions league winner, Multiple FA cups winner, multiple English premier league winner, Olympic goal winner) is given the chance to manager the Nigerian National team that man is Nwankwo Kanu.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:02 pm 

Flex Swift wrote:
I look forward to the day former Super Eagles captain (champions league winner, Multiple FA cups winner, multiple English premier league winner, Olympic goal winner) is given the chance to manager the Nigerian National team that man is Nwankwo Kanu.

No.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:24 pm 

kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

No.

Is the Cameroon forum down again? Have you guys paid Seedorf?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:31 am 

Team building is a process. Rohr has managed to transition the team well. The likes of Igahlo, Mikel, Onazi, Shehu, Elderson, Victor Moses, Ogu have been replaced with minimum disruption, while the replacement for Musa is already knocking on the door. We continue to slowly climb the FIFA ranking and even Nike have thrown their weight behind the SE and renewed their love affair. There is competition for places and the team naturally picks itself all while the average age of the team is dropping.

IMO the team is just 2 players (both creative attacking m/f ) short of being set. Ejaria and Tijani are decent prospects that might fill these roles and both are on the radar. What we should be doing now is building long term capacity and readying a local coach who will take over after the next WC. Yobo is in the mix, Ammunike is cutting his teeth, Finidi & Mutiu Adepoju are also good choices. We should be focused on long term planning, not scrambling around for the next journey man (that's all our money is going to get us), besides no top coach will take over at this point in the football calendar, not unless the WC qualification was already in the bag...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:48 am 

I hope you all don't start clamoring for a foreign coach when Yobo is appointed as the head coach after Rohr.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm 

1naija wrote:
I hope you all don't start clamoring for a foreign coach when Yobo is appointed as the head coach after Rohr.

to be honest, i wouldn't mind Yobo being the new coach ASAP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:42 am 

Flex Swift wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

No.

wtf are you talking about?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:04 am 

kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

No.

we all know you are from Cameroon.. enough with the pretense

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

No.

we all know you are from Cameroon.. enough with the pretense

you started a thread on drafting new coaches and you didnt come up with a reasonable name....

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 pm 

i already have a list