Porto (Zaidu) 1 v Man City 3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Porto (Zaidu) 1 v Man City 3

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Zaidu just got a red card after another good performance this time playing on the left side of a back 3. The 2nd yellow looks like it was for not getting off the pitch after going down injured. He started the move that led tomorrows goal. This boy is good!
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Zaidu just got a red card after another good performance this time playing on the left side of a back 3. The 2nd yellow looks like it was for not getting off the pitch after going down injured. He started the move that led tomorrows goal. This boy is good!
He initiated the attack from the wing which resulted in their goal. He is got amazing pace, but I still think he needs to polish his tackles and passes as they seems a bit hard. If he does then he could possibly be in the league of Celestine Babayaro.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

onovo wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Zaidu just got a red card after another good performance this time playing on the left side of a back 3. The 2nd yellow looks like it was for not getting off the pitch after going down injured. He started the move that led tomorrows goal. This boy is good!
He initiated the attack from the wing which resulted in their goal. He is got amazing pace, but I still think he needs to polish his tackles and passes as they seems a bit hard. If he does then he could possibly be in the league of Celestine Babayaro.
Yup. I think he's quicker that Babayaro though Cele baba wasn't no slouch.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Porto leading by a goal so far against Olympiakos. Zaidu playing well so far, am impressed
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

onovo wrote:Porto leading by a goal so far against Olympiakos. Zaidu playing well so far, am impressed
Yes indeed! Porto needs to et him the ball more on that left side. Cant believe we got a LB. Of his quality after 10yrs. Of waiting since Cele Baba .
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
onovo wrote:Porto leading by a goal so far against Olympiakos. Zaidu playing well so far, am impressed
Yes indeed! Porto needs to et him the ball more on that left side. Cant believe we got a LB. Of his quality after 10yrs. Of waiting since Cele Baba .
Still cant believe it, myself.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thank God Sanusi no listen to this one. 8-)

niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Zaidu sanusi for port medicals

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/08/ ... nta-clara/
Hope this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQpx-T2QHI[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Cm4_T6iXU[/video]
Like him defensively. Offensively, I think his passing is dire and even though he crosses a lot, these rarely connect.

He is better off playing regularly than sitting on the bench for Porto.

Best,
Niyi

Have you had a word with Sérgio?
What does Sergio's opinion have to do with mine?
For all we know, Sergio may be looking for someone for his bench or the decision to buy Sanusi may not even be Sergio's. I am giving my honest opinion about the player from watching him in many games this season. My view has to do with the player's development and his eventual integration into the national team where we need a left back.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

At the second half Porto was attacking more from the right wing. This is unlike first half where Zaidu was often seen both defensively and attacking. If he continues like this he could get to the level of Celestine Babayaro.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Still cant believe it, myself.
Sanusi is a massive upgrade on Collins.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I finally got to watch Sanusi in action today against Olympiakos... guys I think we've got a star LB already.