I CAN SEE WHY ROHR PROBABLY DOESNT RATE EJUKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I CAN SEE WHY ROHR PROBABLY DOESNT RATE EJUKE

Post by vancity eagle »

I hope he does well. SE will be better for it.

I was just shocked at the immaturity of his game, given a lot of clubs were supposedly after him, and given he made the team of the season in Holland.

Given the development of other players around his age, (Chukwueze, Kalu, Lookman, Simon) he is far behind from what I saw.

Just don't expect Ejuke to ever START a match under Rohr, unless his overall game vastly improves. He will be limited to 10 minute cameos at the end of matches, if even that.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
green4life wrote:This player is a young player with special dribbling talent. I'm not one to shrine mastubatory dribbling but in today’s game it's valuable to have the option of unpredictability on the pitch or off the bench. He is raw but with time he will smoothen out the rough edges. I have time for this player and I hope Rohr does as well.
G4L,

I cannot KPOM your post enough. Let me multiply the KPOM to infinity. Yes, the lad has too curb his dribbling in certain situations but clearly dribbling is absolutely important for all you have stated above.
Seconded.
JJ was probably similarly doubted at the same age.
As he matured he got better and more effective, but he never lost that supreme confidence to try the unpredictable, even the impossible.

Ejuke is what we thought Musa Yahaya would become.
Carry on s'oun, Ejuke.
You also have to be in the right environment to really put everything together, JJ didn't really start putting it ALL together in a very productive manner till his time at PSG then really at Bolton, my fear is that Russia won't provide the right environment for him to improve on his overall productivity. But I hope I'm wrong and CSKA can help mold his raw talent, but I was starting to see those improvements and curbing of bad habits in his time in Holland.
I don't know about Curbing his habits as the dutch league is far more open to attacker than most leagues anyway where he's more likely to face defenders 1 on 1, he even completed the most dribbles in the league that season. In the Russian league he'll be facing up against far better and stronger defenses and if he can have a similar output as he did last season that would be a decent improvement imo.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ejuke played well today. Much better than the last uefa league game. He just needs to work on finishing and decision making. Had 2 or 3 chances today he should have scored.

What I liked about his game today was that he is all over the pitch and gets into open spaces to recieve the ball. He drops back, moves centrally, goes wide. Much better than typical wingers who simply hug the touch line. With improvement to his game he can be a dangerous player.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:Ejuke played well today. Much better than the last uefa league game. He just needs to work on finishing and decision making. Had 2 or 3 chances today he should have scored.

What I liked about his game today was that he is all over the pitch and gets into open spaces to recieve the ball. He drops back, moves centrally, goes wide. Much better than typical wingers who simply hug the touch line. With improvement to his game he can be a dangerous player.

You were unreasonable with your earlier analysis but as usual you've improved upon 2nd viewing. Ejuke needs time to adjust to the Russian league like any creative player would. He cannot go to Russia and start banging goals and assists every game without an acclamation period.

I actually think he has brought a tremendous return form CSKA in the few games he has played. This boy is for real. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
green4life wrote:This player is a young player with special dribbling talent. I'm not one to shrine mastubatory dribbling but in today’s game it's valuable to have the option of unpredictability on the pitch or off the bench. He is raw but with time he will smoothen out the rough edges. I have time for this player and I hope Rohr does as well.
G4L,

I cannot KPOM your post enough. Let me multiply the KPOM to infinity. Yes, the lad has too curb his dribbling in certain situations but clearly dribbling is absolutely important for all you have stated above.
CONTEXT. CONTEXT bro...

While I understand G4L's point about the value of unpredictability, it amounts to ZILCH if not applied to ADVANCE THE TEAM GAME!

I've watched this player for two years now, and I'm close to giving up on him. If you were to graph his performance in games it will be full of high peaks and low valleys.

You CANNOT play like that in the modern game.

If he's lucky and gets a coach who is fully invested in him, he might have a chance.

Its about how to deploy his technical skills in closed spaces to advance the team, both with and esp without the ball; knowing when to release the ball, where the spaces are, what runs to make and how to time them.

What it is definitely NOT about is simply how to take on and dribble the next man.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
G4L,

CONTEXT. CONTEXT bro...

While I understand G4L's point about the value of unpredictability, it amounts to ZILCH if not applied to ADVANCE THE TEAM GAME!

I've watched this player for two years now, and I'm close to giving up on him. If you were to graph his performance in games it will be full of high peaks and low valleys.

If he's lucky and gets a coach who is fully invested in him, he might have a chance.

Its about how to deploy his technical skills in closed spaces to advance the team, both with and esp without the ball; knowing when to release the ball, where the spaces are, what runs to make and how to time them.

What it is definitely NOT about is simply how to take on and dribble the next man.
I agree with you 100% but the crux of my post is the boy needs time and some need more time than others. Regardless, what is undeniable is the uniqueness of a dribbler in today's 'modern' game where creativity is 99% defined by predictable horizontal and vertical passes. Infusing a 'throw back' footballer into today's game for me is refreshing IF he is able to improve the effectiveness of his dribbling over time. Once upon a time Serge Gnabry could barely come off the bench at Arsenal (10 appearances in 4 yrs) and at WBA (only 1 appearance) but with time, his fortune changed. Ziyech turned 26/ 27yrs old before any big money club took him seriously.

Patience is a virtue.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
G4L,

CONTEXT. CONTEXT bro...

I agree with you 100% but the crux of my post is the boy needs time and some need more time than others. Regardless, what is undeniable is the uniqueness of a dribbler in today's 'modern' game where creativity is 99% defined by predictable horizontal and vertical passes. Infusing a 'throw back' footballer into today's game for me is refreshing IF he is able to improve the effectiveness of his dribbling over time. Once upon a time Serge Gnabry could barely come off the bench at Arsenal (10 appearances in 4 yrs) and at WBA (only 1 appearance) but with time, his fortune changed. Ziyech turned 26/ 27yrs old before any big money club took him seriously.

Patience is a virtue.
Patience is only a virtue here if its backed up by substance. See highlight above..

While I understand/agree with your point, your egs are misplaced. None of those 2 players are dribblers in the way Ejuke is.

Besides, Bayern invested in Serge; engineered his move to a loan club. Ajax believed in and invested effort in developing Ziyech, who is a far more team-oriented player, and far less spontaneous than Ejuke.

Watching several of his games in the europa, the Russians are not heavily invested in him...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp