I CAN SEE WHY ROHR PROBABLY DOESNT RATE EJUKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
I CAN SEE WHY ROHR PROBABLY DOESNT RATE EJUKE

Post by vancity eagle »

First it was Onyekuru, and we all wondered why Rohr no play am. He is now a bench warmer who cannot seem to cut it in France. His level is Belgium and Turkey. His cameos for SE were not great.

I can now tell you that I dont think Rohr rates Ejuke very much and this is why he barely played him in the 2 friendlies.

Today was the first day I have actually watched Ejuke play for a club side, and I must say I am not really impressed.

Before today's Europe league match for CSKA all I had seen was youtube clips, which make him look like a great player, but watching him today I see why he is not a regular starter for club. Didn't start today, came on 2nd half.

My impression is he is a very raw and immature player who does not know when to pass or when to dribble. He is more concerned with tricks and dribbling in the middle of the park, even when he is in his own penalty box he will try and dribble his way out rather than pass the ball out of danger. In fact I was shocked at the individualistic play of this guy. Its like they just grabbed a trickster of the streets playing street ball.

This guy is not am I dont think. I totally understand and agree with Rohr not using Ejuke that much. I can tell you, there is no way Rohr will ever start this player, and in fact dont be surprised if he doesn't call him again, especially with the likes of Lookman soon to join.

These are our best wingers in order.

1. Lookman
2. Chukwueze
3. Kalu
4. Simon

Those are the 4 wingers I will take to a tournament.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I CAN SEE WHY ROHR PROBABLY DOESNT RATE EJUKE

Post by maceo4 »

So when I was telling you guys all this and asking y’all to watch his full matches on ESPN+, so na yamtube you dey carry judge the player? This is why I wished he spent one more season in Netherlands to help him mold that raw talent into productivity (which was happening). What is he gonna go learn in Russia? How will he improve there? Mschew anyways nah drimble drimble guy just pray he matures.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:First it was Onyekuru, and we all wondered why Rohr no play am. He is now a bench warmer who cannot seem to cut it in France. His level is Belgium and Turkey. His cameos for SE were not great.

I can now tell you that I dont think Rohr rates Ejuke very much and this is why he barely played him in the 2 friendlies.

Today was the first day I have actually watched Ejuke play for a club side, and I must say I am not really impressed.

Before today's Europe league match for CSKA all I had seen was youtube clips, which make him look like a great player, but watching him today I see why he is not a regular starter for club. Didn't start today, came on 2nd half.

My impression is he is a very raw and immature player who does not know when to pass or when to dribble. He is more concerned with tricks and dribbling in the middle of the park, even when he is in his own penalty box he will try and dribble his way out rather than pass the ball out of danger. In fact I was shocked at the individualistic play of this guy. Its like they just grabbed a trickster of the streets playing street ball.

This guy is not am I dont think. I totally understand and agree with Rohr not using Ejuke that much. I can tell you, there is no way Rohr will ever start this player, and in fact dont be surprised if he doesn't call him again, especially with the likes of Lookman soon to join.

1. Lookman
2. Chukwueze
3. Kalu
4. Simon

I agree with your sentiments on Ejike. He is super talented, but he is also a selfish player. If the light bulb ever comes on, he can be a special player. I'm not down on him though. I'm just not ready to anoint him as much as some other folks. He's got the tools to be special if he works on his craft. But for the time being, he's a player who gives us depth out wide, rather than being one of our primary wingers.

As for your list of our top wingers, that list is incomplete without Emmanuel Dennis. Otherwise we see eye to eye.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:First it was Onyekuru, and we all wondered why Rohr no play am. He is now a bench warmer who cannot seem to cut it in France. His level is Belgium and Turkey. His cameos for SE were not great.

1. Lookman
2. Chukwueze
3. Kalu
4. Simon

And this is all after watching 1 game? C'mon so you can't even take into consideration that he has just joined a new club and yet has outscored all of our current wingers so far? its ironic seeing how he did more in his 13 minute cameo against Tunisia than the nonesense Chukwueze did in both games.

He's still very raw but he's arguably the best dribbler we have and only Moses Simon assisted more goals than him last season & it would be stupid if Rohr dropped him.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote:

1. Lookman
2. Chukwueze
3. Kalu
4. Simon

And this is all after watching 1 game? C'mon so you can't even take into consideration that he has just joined a new club and yet has outscored all of our current wingers so far? its ironic seeing how he did more in his 13 minute cameo against Tunisia than the nonesense Chukwueze did in both games.

He's still very raw but he's arguably the best dribbler we have and only Moses Simon assisted more goals than him last season & it would be stupid if Rohr dropped him.

He's our best dribbler no doubt, but it's a team game. I like the fact that he scores goals as well. But he's got to be able to pass the ball, not dribbling aimlessly (which is what he was doing against Tunisia).

The good news is that there are games in which I've seen him be less selfish and put in the effort defensively. That's why I am not down on him as I said. He's a developing player and we've got to have more patience as fans. In a season or two he could be dynamite! Then again, he could also go the other way.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rohr has expressed his admiration for the you young man you just need to relax.

https://africanfootball.com/news/781140 ... tant-Ejuke
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Rohr has expressed his admiration for the you young man you just need to relax.

I wonder o. The boy is young, inexperienced but super talented yet some people want to write him off already. Haba!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

That guy is a massive raw talent. Every coach needs a dribbler in the team, a guy that plays different from the way other team members play, someone who can be used to interrupt a regular pattern. Take a look at AdamaTraore for Spain then you know what am talking about. Rohr has seen Ejuke several times, so he knows what he brings to the table but if Rohr can use his unique dribbling abilities to the betterment of the team or not, is another topic.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Rohr has expressed his admiration for the you young man you just need to relax.

I wonder o. The boy is young, inexperienced but super talented yet some people want to write him off already. Haba!
Absolutely, if he 28 years old and still doing things that he should’ve refined then I’d understand.I also think other wingers need to watch him and believe they can do better and that will sharpen competition in the camp.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I can guarantee that VE will
have Ejuke in his starting 11 in less than Week.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote:

He better learn how to play the game like a professional if he wants to play for the national team on a consistent basis.

Being a "Choosin Expert" nobe ball. :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote:

I'm not writing him off, I'm talking about this current situation.

Chukwueze is A YEAR YOUNGER than Ejuke and he is FAR AHEAD in terms of his play. He is a major part of a Uefa league playing team in Spain, meanwhile Ejuke looks like he was just plucked off the street, and just dey dribble dribble dribble. I'm actually shocked that this guy has played a whole season of professional football, but I see why he is being benched in Russia. He is basically a "last resort" or "hail mary pass" Thats exactly how Rohr used him.

There is no way, CURRENTLY, Ejuke will displace any of Rohr's regulars.

It's up to Ejuke to improve his game and play like a mature player, and use his dribbling strengths to his teams advantage. His age is not really an excuse any more to be honest.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ejuke made a record 11 dribbles in 45 minutes in CSKA's europa league game, but no assists or goals and the team recorded a draw.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:Ejuke made a record 11 dribbles in 45 minutes in CSKA's europa league game, but no assists or goals and the team recorded a draw.
95% of the players on the field played more minutes than Ejuke, completed fewer dribbles and did not score or assist. There's always another perspective. Perhaps his coach gave him the green light to do all he can to break down the defense. Looks to me like he gave it a heck,of a try.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Ejuke made a record 11 dribbles in 45 minutes in CSKA's europa league game, but no assists or goals and the team recorded a draw.
95% of the players on the field played more minutes than Ejuke, completed fewer dribbles and did not score or assist. There's always another perspective. Perhaps his coach gave him the green light to do all he can to break down the defense. Looks to me like he gave it a heck,of a try.

Do you know that at least 2 to 3 of those dribbles were completed IN HIS OWN PENALTY BOX.

Yes he came back to defend and instead of getting the ball out of danger, he was dribbling opponents in front of his own goal. I tell you I was absolutely shocked. Very immature player.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:

Do you know that at least 2 to 3 of those dribbles were completed IN HIS OWN PENALTY BOX.

Yes he came back to defend and instead of getting the ball out of danger, he was dribbling opponents in front of his own goal. I tell you I was absolutely shocked. Very immature player.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
He made the team of the season in Netherlands outscored all our current wingers and had the most assists, you may not like the way he plays but he is obviously doing something right. If Rohr could play a bench warmer in the saudi Arabian league, then I see no issue with Ejuke.

https://www.brila.net/ejuke-dessers-nam ... he-season/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a very unintelligent thread . Ejuke is lit. quality player and can only improve, he has been capped reps the SE however some of una till dey beg the likes of bench warmer tomori and tamy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This player is a young player with special dribbling talent. I'm not one to shrine mastubatory dribbling but in today’s game it's valuable to have the option of unpredictability on the pitch or off the bench. He is raw but with time he will smoothen out the rough edges. I have time for this player and I hope Rohr does as well.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

green4life wrote:This player is a young player with special dribbling talent. I'm not one to shrine mastubatory dribbling but in today’s game it's valuable to have the option of unpredictability on the pitch or off the bench. He is raw but with time he will smoothen out the rough edges. I have time for this player and I hope Rohr does as well.
G4L,

I cannot KPOM your post enough. Let me multiply the KPOM to infinity. Yes, the lad has too curb his dribbling in certain situations but clearly dribbling is absolutely important for all you have stated above.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
green4life wrote:This player is a young player with special dribbling talent. I'm not one to shrine mastubatory dribbling but in today’s game it's valuable to have the option of unpredictability on the pitch or off the bench. He is raw but with time he will smoothen out the rough edges. I have time for this player and I hope Rohr does as well.
G4L,

I cannot KPOM your post enough. Let me multiply the KPOM to infinity. Yes, the lad has too curb his dribbling in certain situations but clearly dribbling is absolutely important for all you have stated above.
Seconded.
JJ was probably similarly doubted at the same age.
As he matured he got better and more effective, but he never lost that supreme confidence to try the unpredictable, even the impossible.

Ejuke is what we thought Musa Yahaya would become.
Carry on s'oun, Ejuke.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Well Ejuke started the last league game which CSKA won 3-0 and he should have got on the score sheet missing two opportunities I can only see him getting better as he set up his team mates ....unlike Chukwueze that shoots from impossible to score positions
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
G4L,

Seconded.
JJ was probably similarly doubted at the same age.
As he matured he got better and more effective, but he never lost that supreme confidence to try the unpredictable, even the impossible.

Ejuke is what we thought Musa Yahaya would become.
Carry on s'oun, Ejuke.
You also have to be in the right environment to really put everything together, JJ didn't really start putting it ALL together in a very productive manner till his time at PSG then really at Bolton, my fear is that Russia won't provide the right environment for him to improve on his overall productivity. But I hope I'm wrong and CSKA can help mold his raw talent, but I was starting to see those improvements and curbing of bad habits in his time in Holland.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!