Maduka Okoye starts for Rotterdam

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Maduka Okoye starts for Rotterdam

Post by vancity eagle »

75th minute they are 1-0 down.

The club #1 on the bench for first time. He has previously chopped 1 goal, 1 goal, 2 goals, 4 goals, 4 goals.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Maduka Okoye starts for Rotterdam

Post by vancity eagle »

Oh its only a cup match.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:75th minute they are 1-0 down.

The club #1 on the bench for first time. He has previously chopped 1 goal, 1 goal, 2 goals, 4 goals, 4 goals.
You mean 1 goal up?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:75th minute they are 1-0 down.

You mean 1 goal up?

you're right, my bad

meanwhile he just chopped a goal 4 minutes into stoppage time. 1-1
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Kaizer Chiefs confirm on their website that Daniel Akpeyi has been invited for Nigeria's double header against Sierra Leone next month.
It's going to be interesting with Uzoho starting his first game today and keeping a clean sheet.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:Kaizer Chiefs confirm on their website that Daniel Akpeyi has been invited for Nigeria's double header against Sierra Leone next month.
It's going to be interesting with Uzoho starting his first game today and keeping a clean sheet.
Don't let 1Naija lose his marbles already
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tbh, Okoye hasn't done enough to be No 1 goalie.Yes he's promising but if Uzoho is available and in form then he's No 1.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:
Dammy wrote:Kaizer Chiefs confirm on their website that Daniel Akpeyi has been invited for Nigeria's double header against Sierra Leone next month.
Yeah! Can someone please check on 1Naija? I am concerned about him
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tobi17 wrote:
Nigeria's no 1 goalkeeper has been begged back and you are worrying about 1naija? It's a few of you that are in denial. Akpeyi is the truth. He is one player that no one can accuse of having a Godfather. He is no.1 on merit.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Thank God Rohr is the one to decide the team first choice goalkeeper. For Akpeyi to join Kazier Chief (a South African club) and bench South Africa's National team first choice goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune, tells you the stuff he is made of. As for Odinaka Uzoho, the Nigerian fans are his greatest problem. He is simply over rated. The consequence of this is him now plying his trade at a backwater league after having an initial potential in Spain. If you watch Uzoho games very well, you will notice the young man always struggles to catch the ball ones (He needs to learn). In the past, our great goalkeepers like Peter Rufai, Ike Shorunmu, and Vincent Enyeama, etc did not join the national team immediately as first keeper. It took time. Ike Shorunmu understudied for around five years under Peter Rufai, Aloy Agu, Wilfred Agbonavbare, etc. Even Vincent Enyeama understudied Ike Shorunmu etc. Even look at top footballing Nation like Spain, Germany, France, etc. the same model applies

But for Odinaka Uzoho, Immediately he was given glimpse of opportunities in Deportivo La Coruna at La Liga. He was tagged a "World Class" by our local fans and media to the extent he was taken to the World Cup as our first choice goalkeeper. The burden was on the young man with very little league experience. Today what we have is the same man with potential at the La Liga 3 years ago now in a backwater league. Now tell me honestly if this is progression or regression ?

My point is that even if Akpeyi is not the kind of goalkeeper we like. The fact is that he is currently the best we have today based on statistics and not sentiment. Odinaka Uzoho should be placed where he belongs at the minute to help him develop his career with sincerity.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

onovo wrote:Thank God Rohr is the one to decide the team first choice goalkeeper. For Akpeyi to join Kazier Chief (a South African club) and bench South Africa's National team first choice goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune, tells you the stuff he is made of. As for Odinaka Uzoho, the Nigerian fans are his greatest problem. He is simply over rated. The consequence of this is him now plying his trade at a backwater league after having an initial potential in Spain. If you watch Uzoho games very well, you will notice the young man always struggles to catch the ball ones (He needs to learn). In the past, our great goalkeepers like Peter Rufai, Ike Shorunmu, and Vincent Enyeama, etc did not join the national team immediately as first keeper. It took time. Ike Shorunmu understudied for around five years under Peter Rufai, Aloy Agu, Wilfred Agbonavbare, etc. Even Vincent Enyeama understudied Ike Shorunmu etc. Even look at top footballing Nation like Spain, Germany, France, etc. the same model applies

But for Odinaka Uzoho, Immediately he was given glimpse of opportunities in Deportivo La Coruna at La Liga. He was tagged a "World Class" by our local fans and media to the extent he was taken to the World Cup as our first choice goalkeeper. The burden was on the young man with very little league experience. Today what we have is the same man with potential at the La Liga 3 years ago now in a backwater league. Now tell me honestly if this is progression or regression ?

My point is that even if Akpeyi is not the kind of goalkeeper we like. The fact is that he is currently the best we have today based on statistics and not sentiment. Odinaka Uzoho should be placed where he belongs at the minute to help him develop his career with sincerity.
ithune isn't the starting goalie of Sa, hasn't even played in years.. you are out of touch
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damn see header from opposing keeper. Okoye did very well in this game top saves nothing he could do about the equalizer.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote:
Damn see header from opposing keeper. Okoye did very well in this game top saves nothing he could do about the equalizer.
Wow nice saves! Okoye is good!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am very impressed with Okoye's performance since the friendlies. Seems we have finally gotten credible depth at the goalkeeper position.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Very nice and reassuring performance from Okoye. Suspect he will be in goal for both matches against Sierra Leone.

Regarding the match against Ado den Haag, the Sparta Rotterdam striker Alui couldn't hit a barn door even if it starred him in the face. Bloody useless striker.
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

lets be honest, he is currently our most inform and active goalie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Very impressed with Okoye from this match. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Even if Akpeyi is the SE no1, I am not sure Uzoho is the automatic no2.

Okoye is making a very strong case and I suspect he is already knocking on door No1 at his club.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

onovo wrote:Thank God Rohr is the one to decide the team first choice goalkeeper. For Akpeyi to join Kazier Chief (a South African club) and bench South Africa's National team first choice goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune, tells you the stuff he is made of. As for Odinaka Uzoho, the Nigerian fans are his greatest problem. He is simply over rated. The consequence of this is him now plying his trade at a backwater league after having an initial potential in Spain. If you watch Uzoho games very well, you will notice the young man always struggles to catch the ball ones (He needs to learn). In the past, our great goalkeepers like Peter Rufai, Ike Shorunmu, and Vincent Enyeama, etc did not join the national team immediately as first keeper. It took time. Ike Shorunmu understudied for around five years under Peter Rufai, Aloy Agu, Wilfred Agbonavbare, etc. Even Vincent Enyeama understudied Ike Shorunmu etc. Even look at top footballing Nation like Spain, Germany, France, etc. the same model applies

With all due respect, quit spitting from both sides of the mouth...
You “Thank God” that Rohr decides on the SE GK, but blame Naija fans for Rohr deciding on Uzoho being SE GK at the WC. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote:

With all due respect, quit spitting from both sides of the mouth...
You “Thank God” that Rohr decides on the SE GK, but blame Naija fans for Rohr deciding on Uzoho being SE GK at the WC. SMH

It's amazing that Onovo doesn't know that Uzoho is Rohr's official number 1. He has said it several times but guys just conclude what they want to conclude.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Okoye starts today against 5th placed Herveneen, and he has chopped 3 goals and its only halftime.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:Okoye starts today against 5th placed Herveneen, and he has chopped 3 goals and its only halftime.
How many were his fault?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:Okoye starts today against 5th placed Herveneen, and he has chopped 3 goals and its only halftime.
Make that 4 goals...
60 minutes gone. Sparta looks rubbish!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL