Maduka Okoye starts for Rotterdam

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Maduka Okoye starts for Rotterdam

Post by Damunk »

COOKING SPOON wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:with the prism of hindsight, I can forgive Maduka's second half relapse against SL...unsavory factors like fatigue, poor weather and fitness conditions, and of course the terrible pitch can make even prime Neuer look like Akpeyi on crack. And he more than redeemed himself in the return leg... but I still feel a fully fit Uzoho starts over him, Maduka no doubt is undoubtedly 2nd choice in the national team.
I feel that Uzoho might be relegates to third spot on the national team; he is currently playing in Cyprus and hasn't started a game for his team. Match rustiness affects form, now we have Okoye who is a starter in the Dutch top division and Osigwe a starter in the Swiss top flight. If you ask me, the battle for the shirt is between those two.
Don't forget Akpeyi.
He aint going nowhere any time soon.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

COOKING SPOON wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:with the prism of hindsight, I can forgive Maduka's second half relapse against SL...unsavory factors like fatigue, poor weather and fitness conditions, and of course the terrible pitch can make even prime Neuer look like Akpeyi on crack. And he more than redeemed himself in the return leg... but I still feel a fully fit Uzoho starts over him, Maduka no doubt is undoubtedly 2nd choice in the national team.
I feel that Uzoho might be relegates to third spot on the national team; he is currently playing in Cyprus and hasn't started a game for his team. Match rustiness affects form, now we have Okoye who is a starter in the Dutch top division and Osigwe a starter in the Swiss top flight. If you ask me, the battle for the shirt is between those two.
Don't forget Akpeyi.
He aint going nowhere any time soon.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:MOTM performance vs PSV with a 7.9\10 rating. Not bad for a goalie on the losing side. Our goalie problems are g
Coming to an end as the boy develops thanks to Rohr capping him even though haters were against it.

See ignorance!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e5RQ1M57YlE&t=151s[/video]
Damn :ohmy:
i thought he was gonna burst a blood vessel!
YNWA
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

bret- hart wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: See ignorance!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e5RQ1M57YlE&t=151s[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Any updates from the guy? :lol: :lol:

Na your fellow Londoner be dat :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: . I follow him on instagram. He is a scout/journalist like Oma Akatugba from Germany but this one promotes English born Naija players. I think Oma is blocking his access to Rhor thats why im dey vex for Rhor and Okoye all the time. He has cooled down on hating on Okoye tho but still hates Rhor.
'Berti Stash 2.0' :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Sparta 2-1 up vs FC Emmen in the 90th
Okoye firmly established as no. 1 in an improving side
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

tedder89 wrote:Sparta 2-1 up vs FC Emmen in the 90th
Okoye firmly established as no. 1 in an improving side
Pray He stays injury free
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

In the last 4 games he has let in 2 goals. Including getting 2 shut outs.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Fantastic interview.
Really enjoyable.
God bless Papa Okoye too :thumb:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The glow in his eyes when he spoke about Enyeama and Rufai, as well as the Nigerian team.
Yet some 'quota system advocates' would say he is not worthy of being a super eagle.
Damunk wrote:
Fantastic interview.
Really enjoyable.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote:
Fantastic interview.
Really enjoyable.
You're Welcome :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And that as a "4th division reject" he shouldn't have been fast-tracked ahead of Afelokhai, Leke Ojo, Femi Thomas, Adamu, Vincent Edafe and numerous others willing and ready to prove themselves.
But only on the condition that it must be in the SE, not in the WAFU or CHAN teams. :idea:
Otitokoro wrote:The glow in his eyes when he spoke about Enyeama and Rufai, as well as the Nigerian team.
Yet some 'quota system advocates' would say he is not worthy of being a super eagle.
Damunk wrote:
Fantastic interview.
Really enjoyable.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:And that as a "4th division reject" he shouldn't have been fast-tracked ahead of Afelokhai, Leke Ojo, Femi Thomas, Adamu, Vincent Edafe and numerous others willing and ready to prove themselves.
But only on the condition that it must be in the SE, not in the WAFU or CHAN teams. :idea:
His Master’s Voice, while any SE fan should be happy for Maduka Okoye’s seemingly improving fortunes (at least at club level), what exempts Maduka Okoye from similarly having to be “willing and ready to prove” himself first with the WAFU team (after all, unlike CHAN, the WAFU Cup of Nations is NOT restricted to players in the domestic leagues)? Meanwhile, have you acquired omnipotent powers as well to deemed know that if those home-based players you named were similarly “fast-tracked” into the SE none of them would have had a similar outcome (and I don’t necessarily mean conceding 4 goals at home on their competitive debut)?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:And that as a "4th division reject" he shouldn't have been fast-tracked ahead of Afelokhai, Leke Ojo, Femi Thomas, Adamu, Vincent Edafe and numerous others willing and ready to prove themselves.
His Master’s Voice, while any SE fan should be happy for Maduka Okoye’s seemingly improving fortunes (at least at club level), what exempts Maduka Okoye from similarly having to be “willing and ready to prove” himself first with the WAFU team (after all, unlike CHAN, the WAFU Cup of Nations is NOT restricted to players in the domestic leagues)?
Hehehe.
Mr Sophistry don come again with his wayo argument. 'Teflon Don' would be proud.

You've very conveniently forgotten that Maduka was invited and was "willing" to join the U23 squad before the full SE invite came around.
As for the WAFU tournament, if you'd be so kind to point out where what you claim is corroborated; or if not, anything to suggest Nigeria has a history of inviting FB players, if such players are indeed eligible. The poorly referenced competition says little on the matter and their website is defunct. A few news stories however refer to it as a tournament for 'home-based players'.
Here's your chance to set us all straight. :idea:
Meanwhile, have you acquired omnipotent powers as well to deemed know that if those home-based players you named were similarly “fast-tracked” into the SE none of them would have had a similar outcome (and I don’t necessarily mean conceding 4 goals at home on their competitive debut)?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nice jab.
But you seem a little confused here.
The decision to specifically fast-track Maduka wasn't mine. It was Rohr's. And Agu's. I had nothing to do with it, dude. :D

But it looks like its turning out to be an inspired choice.
Deal with it. Enjoy it. Don't be a closet whiner.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Maduka posted another solid performance in his team's 3-1 win today, the bobo just keeps getting better and better.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:Maduka posted another solid performance in his team's 3-1 win today, the bobo just keeps getting better and better.
Another poke in the eyes for the critics of the "4th division reject". :taunt: :taunt:
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Maduka posted another solid performance in his team's 3-1 win today, the bobo just keeps getting better and better.
Another poke in the eyes for the critics of the "4th division reject". :taunt: :taunt:
For many of them, to acknowledge his impressive form would be to accept he wasn't just another "4th division" 'Hey you!' that came good.
Abomination.
Rohr does not have such foresight. :idea:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
For many of them, to acknowledge his impressive form would be to accept he wasn't just another "4th division" 'Hey you!' that came good.
Abomination.
Rohr does not have such foresight. :idea:
I'm surprised that these people call themselves SE fans!
I am happy