Napoli (Osimhen) vs Sassuolo) LIVE!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Napoli (Osimhen) vs Sassuolo) LIVE!

Post by gochino »

Osimhen is being used as a target man at Napoli and not as a goal poacher. Only those that know football will know what I mean. As someone pointed out he had the highest rating in yesterday's match and has had an assist, a goal (Not counting his disallowed header or the penalty he wasn't given) and two man of the match performances in just about 5 games, so No, he is not under pressure because he is not performing badly . How many goals did Giroud score in the worldcup? I will help you with that, 0! And yet he started every single game, how come?. How come Salah and Mane keep outscoring Firmino?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote:Osimhen is being used as a target man at Napoli and not as a goal poacher. Only those that know football will know what I mean. As someone pointed out he had the highest rating in yesterday's match and has had an assist, a goal (Not counting his disallowed header or the penalty he wasn't given) and two man of the match performances in just about 5 games, so No, he is not under pressure because he is not performing badly . How many goals did Giroud score in the worldcup? I will help you with that, 0! And yet he started every single game, how come?. How come Salah and Mane keep outscoring Firmino?
Bros, I don't think the discussion is about his role (though I disagree w/ your assessment), but more about him missing chances that he would have put away at Lille. If the chances weren't coming then something is up with how they are using him, but they are coming and his teammates are putting away similar or harder chances while he's missing his. He is definitely a better finisher than what he's been showing, just needs to calm down and not overthink it. But regardless of his role, when gilt-edged chances come, he should be ready to take them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what's up with all these criticism of Vic, are you people just sad or what? is he the only striker? where are all your analysis of those playing for lesser teams etc...my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what's up with all these criticism of Vic, are you people just sad or what? is he the only striker? where are all your analysis of those playing for lesser teams etc...my goodness
Imagine! Nigerians, discussing a Nigerian soccer player on a Nigerian soccer forum! What is wrong with these people? Instead of focusing on ending SARs they are in here discussing a friggin 21 year old who can buy and sell them with the snap of his Napoli ensigned gloves. They should all be ashamed of themselves! Tufiakwa, this is why the country will never progress! :veryangry: :glare: :dream: :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:Osimhen is being used as a target man at Napoli and not as a goal poacher. Only those that know football will know what I mean. As someone pointed out he had the highest rating in yesterday's match and has had an assist, a goal (Not counting his disallowed header or the penalty he wasn't given) and two man of the match performances in just about 5 games, so No, he is not under pressure because he is not performing badly . How many goals did Giroud score in the worldcup? I will help you with that, 0! And yet he started every single game, how come?. How come Salah and Mane keep outscoring Firmino?
Bros, I don't think the discussion is about his role (though I disagree w/ your assessment), but more about him missing chances that he would have put away at Lille. If the chances weren't coming then something is up with how they are using him, but they are coming and his teammates are putting away similar or harder chances while he's missing his. He is definitely a better finisher than what he's been showing, just needs to calm down and not overthink it. But regardless of his role, when gilt-edged chances come, he should be ready to take them...
Abeg, let's be real. Apart from the chance at the beginning which he actually intercepted himself, the others were not sitters. A real sitter is the one Mertens missed right in front of goal in second half. At least in Victor's case he hit the target but was stopped by the keeper while Mertens (who's their highest all time scorer) missed a virtually open net. The team as a whole yesterday where not at their normally level. Also I noticed that when Victor tries to make runs, the balls are not supplied, so he tends to create his own chances. He was very unfortunate to have his goal cancelled against Sociedad on Thursday. It all seems that Napoli have not fully integrated Victor's movements but it will soon happen and he'll start banging them in.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Adisboy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Abeg, let's be real. Apart from the chance at the beginning which he actually intercepted himself, the others were not sitters. A real sitter is the one Mertens missed right in front of goal in second half. At least in Victor's case he hit the target but was stopped by the keeper while Mertens (who's their highest all time scorer) missed a virtually open net. The team as a whole yesterday where not at their normally level. Also I noticed that when Victor tries to make runs, the balls are not supplied, so he tends to create his own chances. He was very unfortunate to have his goal cancelled against Sociedad on Thursday. It all seems that Napoli have not fully integrated Victor's movements but it will soon happen and he'll start banging them in.
Ok he's been having brilliant finishing all season, or better yet he hasn't actually had any chances...either way I can rock with it :thumbs: :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!