Joseph Yobo needs to work on his upper body strength

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Joseph Yobo needs to work on his upper body strength

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Aston Villa 1-3 Everton

Leon Osman struck twice as Everton stylishly outplayed Villa to stay on course for a Champions League place.
Osman nodded in Tim Cahill's cross as Everton took control of the first half.

Nolberto Solano slotted in seconds after the break, but Cahill headed the visitors back in front almost instantly from Marcus Bent's floated cross.

Everton continued to dominate, scoring a deserved third when Osman turned in Cahill's pass, with Villa's only reply another Solano shot which hit the bar.

The win puts Everton eight points clear of fifth-placed Liverpool, although their arch-rivals have a game in hand.

Villa had Darius Vassell back on the bench after injury, while Everton recalled midfield man Cahill after suspension.

And Cahill was a key figure in an impressive first 45 minutes from the visitors.

Early on, he threaded a pass through for Bent, and it needed a desperate challenge from Olof Mellberg to deny the striker as he shaped to shoot.

But there was no escape for Villa after 16 minutes when Everton deservedly went ahead.

Kevin Kilbane found Cahill on the left flank, and his cross drifted to the far post where Osman, who had raced the length of the field, arrived unmarked to score with a simple header.

Bent almost doubled Everton's lead two minutes later when he was played in by the impressive Mikel Arteta, but he shot narrowly over.

Villa's response was low key, with Everton goalkeeper Nigel Martyn only seriously troubled by a free-kick from Solano that flew inches wide.

There was an explosive start to the second half, with Villa equalising within a minute of the restart before Everton immediately regained the lead.

But Everton boss David Moyes will have been furious with the casual manner in which his side allowed Villa to level.

Joseph Yobo was muscled off the ball by Luke Moore, and when Martyn could only parry Thomas Hitzlsperger's shot, Solano scored from virtually on the line.

To their credit, the Toffees responded instantly, with Bent providing the perfect cross for Cahill to head home.

It sparked more impressive play from Everton, with Thomas Sorensen saving well from Bent and Kilbane before Osman blazed a glorious chance over the top.

But Osman made no mistake as he grabbed his second and Everton's third after 67 minutes.

Cahill was the creator once more, with another surging run and pass that Osman turned in from close range.

Villa ended well beaten, although Solano was denied by the woodwork from long range in the dying seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary
"It was probably the worst performance at home since I have been here as the manager.
"We were outfought by a very strong Everton team who were much the better side. You can see why they are doing so well, but it was shocking from us.

"We had a terrible day at the office in defence, midfield and in attack and ended up a very well beaten team."

Everton boss David Moyes
"It was a really outstanding team performance and our midfield played very well.
"Tim Cahill played like a top class Premiership player, scoring one and making the other two.

"Then we had Leon Osman scoring twice, and I thought Mikel Arteta was really excellent as well, but it is very difficult to single players out.

"We know what a great opportunity we have to finish high up the table, and played like a team in fourth place."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa: Sorensen, De la Cruz, Mellberg, Ridgewell, Samuel, Solano, Djemba-Djemba (Hendrie 56), Hitzlsperger, Barry, Angel, Luke Moore (Vassell 62). Subs Not Used: Laursen, Postma, Berson.

Booked: Djemba-Djemba, Solano, Hendrie.

Goals: Solano 46.

Everton: Martyn, Hibbert, Yobo, Weir, Pistone, Osman, Cahill (Naysmith 90), Carsley, Arteta, Kilbane, Bent (Ferguson 88). Subs Not Used: Wright, Plessis, Vaughan.

Goals: Osman 17, Cahill 48, Osman 67.

Att: 40,248

Ref: G Poll (Hertfordshire).
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Ayo, are u sure everything is allright ? I think that black man in U.K syndrome is getting to dude :lol:
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Ayo u are right. I remember Yakubu pushing him off the ball to score that wonder strike. Yobo needs to hit the gym like crazy during the off season. If Everton qualifies for Europe, he must be ready to assert a very physical presence.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I don't think Yobo is the only one who needs to go the gym. He could use a UK based work out partner.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

He should include cheese sandwiches in his diet. That stuff packs on pounds no be small. :twisted:

Wha choo looking at?!
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Its strange you guys come up with this. He looks ok to me in person when it comes to upper body strength.

IMHO, what I think he needs to work on if anything is his balance and concentration. No matter how many times you hit the gym, if you get caught off balance by not concentrating you will always loose the physical tussle.

My 2 kobo.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Elliot Jagels (l) and Ayo Akinfe, a journalist from the United Kingdom, tour NCGA member Mark Jagel's farm during a recent tour of Nebraska by European journalists hosted by the Nebraska Corn Board and the U.S. Grains Council.

UMMN! OK AYO
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Cooking Spoon dat was wicked. Hav some small decency :D
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

COOKING SPOON wrote:Image
Elliot Jagels (l) and Ayo Akinfe, a journalist from the United Kingdom, tour NCGA member Mark Jagel's farm during a recent tour of Nebraska by European journalists hosted by the Nebraska Corn Board and the U.S. Grains Council.

UMMN! OK AYO
Is that really his belly? It looks like a big ballon under his shirt. Going to the gym, even with the best trainer available will not flatten that stuff. He will certainly require a good plastic surgeon with experience in abdominal tucking techniques.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

:lol: :lol: Damn, cooking spoon you're wrong for that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah 3 packs Ayoakinfe get damnn budweiser at work
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

[quote="ikemba"][quote="COOKING SPOON"]Image

This belle needs to be Stepped on!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

i watched that match and Yobo wasnt outmuscled .. he was tackled .. there is a difference ...
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

ikemba wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:Image

UMMN! OK AYO
Is that really his belly? It looks like a big ballon under his shirt. Going to the gym, even with the best trainer available will not flatten that stuff. He will certainly require a good plastic surgeon with experience in abdominal tucking techniques.

Cooking spoon you don kill me ooooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think Cooking spoon gave us clue on who that UK based work out partner should be :lol: :lol: Ayo, the belly oops ball is in your court...... :P
General Trousers wrote:I don't think Yobo is the only one who needs to go the gym. He could use a UK based work out partner.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Una don craze finish.

On a serious note, I watched the game too and Yobo was given a bit of a rough ride by Juan Pablo Angel all day. This is not the first time Yobo has been in trouble when up against a strong, quick and physical centre forward.

Do you guys remember the torrid time Milan Baros gave him last season in the Merseyside derby? Yobo is getting there slowly but there are a few things he needs to work on.

Yesterday, he was not his assured self at the back. On several occassions, he cleared the ball a bit too hastily, resulting in him slicing it when a more measured clearance would do.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Una don craze finish.

On a serious note, I watched the game too and Yobo was given a bit of a rough ride by Juan Pablo Angel all day. This is not the first time Yobo has been in trouble when up against a strong, quick and physical centre forward.

Do you guys remember the torrid time Milan Baros gave him last season in the Merseyside derby? Yobo is getting there slowly but there are a few things he needs to work on.

Yesterday, he was not his assured self at the back. On several occassions, he cleared the ball a bit too hastily, resulting in him slicing it when a more measured clearance would do.
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

shibi is a bad man :lol: :lol:
cutmen
Egg
Egg

Post by cutmen »

Shibi man most chop, (Six pack or just a keg). The result is all good :lol:
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »