Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:45 pm 

Enugu II wrote:

AS Police? Bros, there are at least three other teams doing better in Senegal in the last few years. This isn't a decade or more ago. The arrival of strong academies in Senegal has not only bolstered local the Senegalese national team but has improved local football especially with two local clubs that are linked directly to strong academies.

Fair enough sir, just checked the Wikipedia page for the Senegal Premier League, "AS Police" last won the league in 1979 (and are not even in the Premier league presently) so you are right and I am not.

I do remember Jeanne D'Arc as well, playing Nigerian club sides in the WAFU cup and Champions cup, come to think of it. They are still going strong.

I guess we would see how easy the draw against them is in time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:37 pm 

Aswani wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

AS Police? Bros, there are at least three other teams doing better in Senegal in the last few years. This isn't a decade or more ago. The arrival of strong academies in Senegal has not only bolstered local the Senegalese national team but has improved local football especially with two local clubs that are linked directly to strong academies.

Fair enough sir, just checked the Wikipedia page for the Senegal Premier League, "AS Police" last won the league in 1979 (and are not even in the Premier league presently) so you are right and I am not.

I do remember Jeanne D'Arc as well, playing Nigerian club sides in the WAFU cup and Champions cup, come to think of it. They are still going strong.

I guess we would see how easy the draw against them is in time.

Aswani,

The landscape of football in Senegal has changed significantly since AS Police heydays. Academy football has a tremendous impact on football in Senegal both locally and in the national teams. Jeanne D'Arc is an old club that even precedes AS Police in terms of success and notoriety. However, teams like Diambarrs and Guediawaye FC have become notable forces because of academy pathways.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:27 pm 

Will the NPFL return to Supersport?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm 

lacidi wrote:
Will the NPFL return to Supersport?

Not likely, I mean there is no indication whatsoever that it would happen. The only agreement on ground now is the one with Redstrike. Not sure if Redstrike will show matches on TV or live streaming as the details have not yet been released.