Balogun should never be disrespected again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Balogun should never be disrespected again

Post by Tobi17 »

Balogun aside from been a very solid defender, is a natural leader. We all saw how the whole team fell apart when Balogun was substituted. Ekong on the other hand has been very mediocre, and the fact that he plays in the championship shows the level he has fallen. What this team showed today if you take out the tactical disasters from a clueless dunce like Rohr is the glaring lack of experience and leadership. A player like Mikel Obi or some experienced father-figure type player would have organized the boys better when their heads were all over the place, the only "old head" we have now in that team is probably Balogun. Ghana has veterans like the Ayews... Algeria has Mahrez and a host of other key veteran players... Cameroon has Vincent Aboubakar, onana, Zambo Anguissa etc. Check all the top African teams and see the pattern, they've all got leadership except for Nigeria.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Balogun should never be disrespected again

Post by vancity eagle »

We all thought Balogun was "finished" after Madagascar.

The guy has made us all eat humble pie.

He is currently our best defender, and yes a great leader. He should take the captainship from that useless Musa.

And I agree Troost has been mediocre since the lockdown. He needs to be benched. Balogun and Akpobuma for me.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You guys change your mind every time you watch a game. Whoever said he was finished was either a bushman of dunce man.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:You guys change your mind every time you watch a game. Whoever said he was finished was either a bushman of a dunce man.

True. Guys do change their minds every time they watch a game.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sir V wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:You guys change your mind every time you watch a game. Whoever said he was finished was either a bushman of a dunce man.
But Balogun was on looking like he was on tired legs two years ago but it appears his move to Rangers has re-energised him. Still our best defender over the last few months.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

vancity eagle wrote:We all thought Balogun was "finished" after Madagascar.

He is currently our best defender, and yes a great leader. He should take the captainship from that useless Musa.

And I agree Troost has been mediocre since the lockdown. He needs to be benched. Balogun and Akpobuma for me.
The way you share ”best” is laughable. Balogun is more important to us as a leader than what he brings on the pitch. Truth is we lack leaders in that team, Ndidi not being in the friendlies and yesterday's game showed. We lost that game in the middle, Aribo is good but twice I've seen him play for us in that double CDM he's been underwhelming. Add that to the issue of not taking responsibility and tracking back by Iwobi and Chukwueze we were asking for trouble.

Rorh doesn't inspire any confidence we have gone from standing still to regression. We need to start vetting new coaches and please no one should say Yobo. Dude should go get his certification and but his teeth in done gigs. That's how things are done. Pep, Lampard and co all hot their certifications and even had some small gig before the big dance.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:
But Balogun was on looking like he was on tired legs two years ago but it appears his move to Rangers has re-energised him. Still our best defender over the last few months.
Playing regularly at Glasgow Rangers and Wigan has helped him get to form. He went to AFCON 2019 not playing regularly and it showed in his form.
He should take over the captaincy of the team and Ekong should be cut until he's playing at a good level.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:You guys change your mind every time you watch a game. Whoever said he was finished was either a bushman of dunce man.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no ish jose
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Playing regularly at Glasgow Rangers and Wigan has helped him get to form. He went to AFCON 2019 not playing regularly and it showed in his form.
He should take over the captaincy of the team and Ekong should be cut until he's playing at a good level.
Ekong no be am, never ever rated him.. the sub of Balo after the rib injury , exposed Ekong
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Shut up! Wasn't Baloguns poor performance for SE a reflection of his lack of playing time at Brighton? Now that he is playing in Rangers, you can see how that has translated to the National Team. It's stands to reason that Musa's lack of game time affected his performance. You have to judge a player not just on one game.
Why are you so much biased man? Why do you always selectively castigate certain players and deodorize others? Let me tell you Musa has been responsible for any semblance of glory Nigeria has had in our last 2 World Cups. Let that sink in and percolate thru your head and mind. You are too damnnn biased! It stinks!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:

Shut up! Wasn't Baloguns poor performance for SE a reflection of his lack of playing time at Brighton? Now that he is playing in Rangers, you can see how that has translated to the National Team. It's stands to reason that Musa's lack of game time affected his performance. You have to judge a player not just on one game.
Why are you so much biased man? Why do you always selectively castigate certain players and deodorize others? Let me tell you Musa has been responsible for any semblance of glory Nigeria has had in our last 2 World Cups. Let that sink in and percolate thru your head and mind. You are too damnnn biased! It stinks!
duh!!!!! ell us something we don't know jose
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:

duh!!!!! ell us something we don't know jose
OK
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

It is ridiculous to assume that jyst Balogun would have made aa difference just like saying Akpeyu should never be disrespected again. How about that? Makes n I sense. This was about TEAM complacency.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

First I don't see anything wrong with the level Ekong is playing, he plays regular football at a competitive level. Now those who understand defense pairing will see where Ekong struggle came from. He is solid with Balogun beside him. It is natural for central defenders to play better with certain players beside them. These two have played together on several occasions and have good understanding. Let us just say when Balogun came out, Ekong was exposed
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:

What is the difference between playing in the Scottish top division and the English Championship?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

After watching the game, Balogun didn't do anything special in the game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Can you at least spell Akpoguma's name correctly? I have pointed it out to you before
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

oloye wrote:First I don't see anything wrong with the level Ekong is playing, he plays regular football at a competitive level. Now those who understand defense pairing will see where Ekong struggle came from. He is solid with Balogun beside him. It is natural for central defenders to play better with certain players beside them. These two have played together on several occasions and have good understanding. Let us just say when Balogun came out, Ekong was exposed
Thank you. These guys are just being too emotional.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:After watching the game, Balogun didn't do anything special in the game.
Most times in games, you don't need to do anything special, just do the basic things, trust me. Many coaches love those who get the basic things done most of the time, they are the reliable and the back bone of teams.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:

What is the difference between playing in the Scottish top division and the English Championship?
Add Europa league as well.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:

Musa has been piss poor even while playing for his club. His poor form didn't just start now, although it obviously got worse.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ekong and Musa need to make way.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Mystic,

Why exactly do those leagues matter? Which leagues do the Sierra Leone players play? Bros, focus on the players and how they work together and not whether they play in USA, Japan, or Germany.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics