If we lose in Freetown on Tuesday Rohr simply has to go

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If we lose in Freetown on Tuesday Rohr simply has to go

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:I get the feeling Rohr doesn't even select the team. Perhaps someone wants PMB to be happy watching an out of form musa captaining the SE.
Something tells me they are forcing Rohr to play and include northerners.

Musa, Shehu, and now Zaidu.

Zaidu is somewhat deserved although I still believe Aina is better than him.

For all Rohrs talk of having a natural left back, why is he also not concerned with having A NATURAL RIGHT BACK.

Something ain't right.
VE,

Why do you make this outlandish statement? What exactly makes you think those players are less deserving than others? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Musa and Shehu have absolutely no business on our team.

NONE. ZIP. ZILCH.

Please dont try and pretend otherwise.

You think its a coincidence that the only 2 players who are not in the team on merit just so happen to be northerners ?

I don't want to go here, but its staring me in the face.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Jo Bonfere was sacked after losing in Freetown and I think it is only fair that Gernot Rohr suffers the same fate if the Eagles lose in Sierra Leone on Tuesday. Yesterday’s game proves that Rohr’s best days are behind him

Ayo Akinfe
Until now, I was SOLIDLY behind coach Rohr, but to lose a 4-0 lead to Sierra Leone in our backyard, is not acceptable. Thus, unless Rohr beats Sierra Leone in their home, he should VOLUNTARILY resign.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:Rohr what you jou just stated is not a revelation. It is a fact but Nigeria will not lose in Freetown to that team. We will win that game. Take that t I the bank.
Hmm; Enugu II, I hope you are correct because for us to squander a 4-0 lead in our home is unbelievable. Therefore, to forecast we will beat the same team in their home is not being REALISTIC
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:I get the feeling Rohr doesn't even select the team. Perhaps someone wants PMB to be happy watching an out of form musa captaining the SE.

For all Rohrs talk of having a natural left back, why is he also not concerned with having A NATURAL RIGHT BACK.

Something ain't right.
VE,

Why do you make this outlandish statement? What exactly makes you think those players are less deserving than others? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Musa and Shehu have absolutely no business on our team.

NONE. ZIP. ZILCH.

Please dont try and pretend otherwise.

You think its a coincidence that the only 2 players who are not in the team on merit just so happen to be northerners ?

I don't want to go here, but its staring me in the face.
Shehu came off the standby list, he just played in the Europa and looked very good, so I understand his inclusion. Musa's own na Rohr know, even to start him, but with Kalu, and Simon out and Dennis injured its mainly Ejuke and Musa available. Now Rohr is saying even Chukwueze has a groin problem so we will see.

But at least Shehu is a CM, but Rohr's stubborness to not include more central midfielders will come back to bite him. He has no one to sub out a tired Iwobi and Aribo for and I guess didn't want to send Shehu in...his unbalanced list will come back to bite him in the backside...Aribo and Iwobi were serious -1's in the second half, anybody could see they needed to be subbed, but Rohr must hold on to his 5 subs till the end mschew...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

please, can Rohr just go already? As Bell has been telling us here for 20+ years, if we cant win with a foreign coach, we should be willing to lose with an indigenous coach.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Something ain't right.
VE,

You're Nigerian... we can't pretend we don't know these things are happening to our dear sport.
It is not a matter of pretending but it is ridiculous to make such a claim. Okay, why are Akpeyi and Ezenwa still on the team given Rohr's obvious preference for players in Europe? Are those two Northerners as well? These selective claims are frankly ridiculous as if Shehu and Sanusi are not deserving. Even Musa is on the team given his long service same way Mikel, Mutiu Adepoju, and Yobo were treated towards the end of their careers with SE. Were they also Northerners?

This idea that Northerners must always be denigrated is really crap, IMHO. Those players deserve their place on the team and they are not there simply because they are Northerners.
Thank you for telling them.

When everything fails, "blame the blacks"
SMDH
VE I believe you are better than this, ...when all else fails claim witchcraft as reason why the patient died, type of reasoning.
Please calm down, don't put crass politics in everything.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:please, can Rohr just go already? As Bell has been telling us here for 20+ years, if we cant win with a foreign coach, we should be willing to lose with an indigenous coach.
Trust me, if Mourinho or Guardiola is the head coach and we lose, our ever complaining 'experts' will still have and angle.
As for a domestic coach, complaints will start at team selection, continue through a 4-0 win because the team did not win 10-0,
and God forbid we tie Ghana in Accra, his replacement will be called for.

Sports is not a guarantee endeavor because if it is, why would anyone bother to watch?
Competing is the essence, and winning is the cherry on the cake. Sierra Leone showed competitiveness
in the second half yesterday and took the smile off our faces. We should go to their home court and compete
physically and mentally, and try restoring our pride. That's all!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:please, can Rohr just go already? As Bell has been telling us here for 20+ years, if we cant win with a foreign coach, we should be willing to lose with an indigenous coach.
They've told us Rohr has the best team. He is the messiah! So just join us in the victory dance.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Jo Bonfere was sacked after losing in Freetown and I think it is only fair that Gernot Rohr suffers the same fate if the Eagles lose in Sierra Leone on Tuesday. Yesterday’s game proves that Rohr’s best days are behind him

Ayo Akinfe

(1) Unlike many Eagles fans, I am not actually surprised our boys surrendered a four goal lead yesterday against Sierra Leone. Recent draws against Ukraine, Brazil and Tunisia have shown that this team is incapable of game management

(2) It is standard convention that when you are in the lead and in control of a match, you take the sting out of the game. You reduce the tempo, keep hold of the ball, knock it around and turn the match into a borefest

(3) Gernot Rohr appears not to understand this basic tactic. In none of these matches mentioned above did he solidify his midfield to frustrate the opposition and prevent them getting hold of the ball when his team was defending a lead

(4) If you look at all Rohr’s substitutions yesterday, they were all like-for-like. Not one of them was tactical or game-changing. Sheer ignorance of the modern game of you ask me

(5) When your team is on the back foot and defending a slender lead, when the likes of Osimhen, Chukwueze and Musa come off, they should be replaced by ball-holding midfielders who can keep the ball and stifle the play

(6) My biggest beef with Rohr is his attachment to certain players irrespective of form. This meant that he had to play the likes of Ahmed Musa, Paul Onuachu and Kelechi Iheanacho despite having better alternatives available to him

(7) More criminally, he wasted his substitutions yesterday with decisions that just dumbfound me. If the team is playing Kevin Akpoguma out of position at rightback, when Leon Balogun went off, why not move Kevin into the centre and bring on a natural rightback like Ebuehi or Aina to shore up that flank?

(8) Because Rohr had to inexplicably start the clubless and match-rusty Ahmed Musa, he needlessly wasted a substitution replacing him. Is Rohr really trying to tell us that Musa performed better than Chidera Ejuke in training to merit selection ahead of him?

(9) Other examples of Rohr’s total loss of capacity for the job are his lack of understanding of what midfielders he needs. Players like Kelechi Nwakali and Ramon Azeez who know how to keep the ball were not even in camp. Instead, Rohr invited the below-par Shehu Abdullahi who he knew he would never use. Our last two friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia should have been used to cement the places of Nwakali and Azeez in the team. Just imagine how they would have stifled the midfield yesterday had they come on at half time

(10) We play the return leg in Freetown on Tuesday. If we lose that match as Jo Bonfere did on 2001, I believe the only honourable course of action left for Gernot Rohr is to resign. He actually reminds me of Father Tiko who was a great coach but after his 0-1 loss to Algeria in the 1977 All African Games final, it became clear he was past his sell-by date
You finally have something we can agree on: yes, if we lose fire his behind
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

mystic wrote:Ramon Azeez hasn't played for his club for several weeks due to injury.
Nwakali barely gets playing time from the bench.
I know we will win in Freetown.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

imehjunior wrote:
mystic wrote:Ramon Azeez hasn't played for his club for several weeks due to injury.
Nwakali barely gets playing time from the bench.
I know we will win in Freetown.
it matters not winning or not... the current coach is not the man for the job
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dammy wrote:It's obvious that Rohr needs help. He has done a lot in bringing professionalism into the preparation of the team and getting foreign born players to commit to Nigeria. So we should be careful about throwing away the baby with the bath water. It's obvious by now that he doesn't know how to read a game, his substitutions are always, late, ineffective and like for like. He also doesn't know how to close up a match and grind out a result. This was obvious was the world cup match against Argentina, where Nigeria was under constant pressure and players were getting tired and he didn't do anything until it was too late. This scenario repeated itself in the 2019 AFCON against South Africa, where we were bailed out by a late goal by Ekong and it repeated itself against Algeria where tiring midfielders Etebo and Ndidi were kept on despite the pressure. We saw it again against Ukraine where a 2 goal lead was thrown away within 5 minutes. It happened again yesterday against Sierra Leone. There's an obvious pattern and it will continue until we can get a capable assistant that can read the game for him. I can go on and on but it's important that the NFF get quality help for him
does yobo not know these, yes he is assistant, cant he at a minimum make these suggestions to the coach. what is he assisting if he couldn't even open mouth and say something
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote:
Dammy wrote:It's obvious that Rohr needs help. He has done a lot in bringing professionalism into the preparation of the team and getting foreign born players to commit to Nigeria. So we should be careful about throwing away the baby with the bath water. It's obvious by now that he doesn't know how to read a game, his substitutions are always, late, ineffective and like for like. He also doesn't know how to close up a match and grind out a result. This was obvious was the world cup match against Argentina, where Nigeria was under constant pressure and players were getting tired and he didn't do anything until it was too late. This scenario repeated itself in the 2019 AFCON against South Africa, where we were bailed out by a late goal by Ekong and it repeated itself against Algeria where tiring midfielders Etebo and Ndidi were kept on despite the pressure. We saw it again against Ukraine where a 2 goal lead was thrown away within 5 minutes. It happened again yesterday against Sierra Leone. There's an obvious pattern and it will continue until we can get a capable assistant that can read the game for him. I can go on and on but it's important that the NFF get quality help for him
does yobo not know these, yes he is assistant, cant he at a minimum make these suggestions to the coach. what is he assisting if he couldn't even open mouth and say something
Now you are blaming Yobo when you have zero clue what his input was...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

What of his multi talented special 'computer' assistant? :tic:

Keshi got Okpala and he was sabotaged by NFF and some ignorant fans.

Rohr got his 'computer' assistant :clap:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I doubt that Rohr told Iwobi to play that brainless pass to a SL player that led to one of the goals. Nor did he tell Sanusi to pass the ball to an opposition attacker inside the area (instead of tackling him or kicking the ball out of play). That second half performance was ----e (apart from Etebo). A professional football team that goes from 4-1 up with 18 minutes to go and that concedes 3 goals in under 15 minutes (against Sierra Leone!) has serious problems. Those problems do not include the coach.

Taking your foot off the gas at 4-0 up is something kids do in the playground, not highly paid top division professionals. That is. a lack of concentration and motivation. Criminal.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Rohr what you jou just stated is not a revelation. It is a fact but Nigeria will not lose in Freetown to that team. We will win that game. Take that t I the bank.
Hmm; Enugu II, I hope you are correct because for us to squander a 4-0 lead in our home is unbelievable. Therefore, to forecast we will beat the same team in their home is not being REALISTIC
Odas,

Nigeria was the better team going by the last game and without the home crowd in Freetown, I believe S/Leone loses an advantage that the could have. In my view, if our team has done a little bit more defensively, we should have won that Benin game going away. I think the focus they have now leads me to expect atleast a two goal margin in our favor.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:
Odas,

Nigeria was the better team going by the last game and without the home crowd in Freetown, I believe S/Leone loses an advantage that the could have. In my view, if our team has done a little bit more defensively, we should have won that Benin game going away. I think the focus they have now leads me to expect atleast a two goal margin in our favor.

You maybe right but we have now lost that fear factor. Before arriving in Benin, Sierra Leone would have feared Nigeria but now, they have no such inhibitions.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:
Odas,

You maybe right but we have now lost that fear factor. Before arriving in Benin, Sierra Leone would have feared Nigeria but now, they have no such inhibitions.
Frankly it is better for us if SL does not fear us.

Im far more afraid of them "fearing us" and trying to close up shop and play for a draw.

Let them not be afraid and come at us abeg.