Amaju pinnick in an angry mood as Musa apologises.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Amaju pinnick in an angry mood as Musa apologises.

Post by naijaguy »

Amaju :clap: :clap:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... rE0h26BxsE[/video]

Musa
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Amaju pinnick in an angry mood as Musa apologises.

Post by Dammy »

Amaju himself is part of the problem. Why was the match played on that pitch? Home advantage is very crucial especially as fans aren't allowed into stadiums and playing on such a pitch hands the advantage to Sierra Leone who are more used to such pitches.
Amaju has travelled all over the world and has seen what a good football pitch looks like and as of today, only the Uyo pitch is up to the standard.
He also encouraged a laid back approach by joining politicians in training with the team. I expected him to know better!
I am happy
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Dammy wrote:Amaju himself is part of the problem. Why was the match played on that pitch? Home advantage is very crucial especially as fans aren't allowed into stadiums and playing on such a pitch hands the advantage to Sierra Leone who are more used to such pitches.
Amaju has travelled all over the world and has seen what a good football pitch looks like and as of today, only the Uyo pitch is up to the standard.
He also encouraged a laid back approach by joining politicians in training with the team. I expected him to know better!
Let's call a spade a spade and not a rake.
Was it the pitch that made the team surrender a 4 goal lead?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Dammy wrote:Amaju himself is part of the problem. Why was the match played on that pitch? Home advantage is very crucial especially as fans aren't allowed into stadiums and playing on such a pitch hands the advantage to Sierra Leone who are more used to such pitches.
Majority of the Sierra Leone players are based abroad too, about 16 of them. Rohr is the the coach and manager and should make sure his team are comfortable with the surface, also there is the team captain that represents the interest of the team and can speak on behalf of the team if anything. If nobody complained and the team is happy with the pitch, then what do you expect Pinnick to do?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

naijaguy wrote:Amaju :clap: :clap:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... rE0h26BxsE[/video]

Musa
I stopped listening when he said the spirit of competition is no longer there, because right there he shot himself, the minister and the deputy governor in the mouth. It is only in Nigeria i hear people make incriminating statement while trying to sermonise people and standing on the higher moral ground. If the spirit of competition has left, he and his other merry go rounders who turned the training into a media circus need to look at themselves in the mirror. 1 day of distraction was bad enough, 2 is beyond belief.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

gochino wrote:
Majority of the Sierra Leone players are based abroad too, about 16 of them. Rohr is the the coach and manager and should make sure his team are comfortable with the surface, also there is the team captain that represents the interest of the team and can speak on behalf of the team if anything. If nobody complained and the team is happy with the pitch, then what do you expect Pinnick to do?

All that may be true but Dammy's point is still valid.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote:
gochino wrote:

The SL players may be based abroad but I'm sure most of them have experience of playing on that type of pitch from their time in Africa unlike the SE who started 6 foreign born players yesterday.
I am happy
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

I think that was a little too much. He could have spent a minute being angry but spend more minutes trying to show a bit more understanding and encouragement. His speech there can make many of these players regret coming down. These are not school kids and many are playing in Nigeria for the first time. For me, the administrators bear an equal (or even more) part of the blame. You don't just throw in foreign-born players onto the pitch without giving them time to acclimatize not just with the weather, but also the nature of Nigerians; You don't take them straight from Europe into a substandard pitch.

They lose in Freetown, Rohr and Amaju both have to go.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Dammy wrote:
mystic wrote:
gochino wrote:

The SL players may be based abroad but I'm sure most of them have experience of playing on that type of pitch from their time in Africa unlike the SE who started 6 foreign born players yesterday.
Exactly! That's my point, it still boils down to Rohr.Why should a player like Akpoguma playing in Nigeria for the first time ever play 90 mins on that pitch? Not ony that he was played in a position where you really need to run! Look at the first goal, notice how he did not have enough energy to close down the player, talkless of stopping the cross.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

That checklist didn’t involve a pitch inspection,I agree with him but emotions are what Nigeria has been using and where has it got us?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Enough of the excuses!

Go to free town and beat them! That's all
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mystic wrote:
gochino wrote:
So let’s have the attitude of not investing in the playing surface because yeah other teams don’t have a problem so why should we.
Try telling the top teams in the world to play on that pitch they’ll cancel the match and report it to FIFA!

Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

K wrote:I think that was a little too much. He could have spent a minute being angry but spend more minutes trying to show a bit more understanding and encouragement. His speech there can make many of these players regret coming down. These are not school kids and many are playing in Nigeria for the first time. For me, the administrators bear an equal (or even more) part of the blame. You don't just throw in foreign-born players onto the pitch without giving them time to acclimatize not just with the weather, but also the nature of Nigerians; You don't take them straight from Europe into a substandard pitch.

They lose in Freetown, Rohr and Amaju both have to go.
He has an old Nigerian school disciplinarian mentality he can’t hold back on showing his authority, even Alex Ferguson wouldn’t come down stairs and interfere with a failing Manchester United but that’s the Nigerian (uncle) mentality he’d probably konck them to if he could!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote:That checklist didn’t involve a pitch inspection, I agree with him but emotions are what Nigeria has been using and where has it got us?
That is the most annoying thing about Pinnick and his love for Ogbe Stadium. You have players who have probably never played on a bumpy pitch and for selfish reasons, you chose to play on the pitch that even casuals know is not to our advantage. And to make matters worse, you and your bankrolling politicians go and disturb the boys in training. And these are supposed to be enlightened administrators. The guy and his chosen manager need to go.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Striker
Egg
Egg

Post by Striker »

At times I wonder how people analyze things. The team was playing good until the substitutions were made to try out some players. Could this be reason for the score line? The goals against us came after the substitutions were made. Were the players inserted into the game responsible?, and could he (Coach) have used other players instead? just my thoughts.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:That checklist didn’t involve a pitch inspection, I agree with him but emotions are what Nigeria has been using and where has it got us?
That is the most annoying thing about Pinnick and his love for Ogbe Stadium. You have players who have probably never played on a bumpy pitch and for selfish reasons, you chose to play on the pitch that even casuals know is not to our advantage. And to make matters worse, you and your bankrolling politicians go and disturb the boys in training. And these are supposed to be enlightened administrators. The guy and his chosen manager need to go.
Absolutely, he wants professional footballers from an organised environment to choose Nigeria over their place of birth but hasn’t proven to them that he is a professional himself! :ohmy:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not a fan of this at all. It stinks of meddling. This kind of scolding if it needed to be done should have been behind closed doors not publicly. I can't believe Pinnick said "What has not been done for the team" when he brought them to play on that pitch.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the foreign born players will be saying, wtf is he talking? See dem faces :laugh:

That said, I saw calamity coming. The goals came so easy in the first half, but my beef was that, there was no cohesion, professionalism, leadership. I noticed of the players, after our first goal, mouthing something like a warning as they were celebrating. I guess that did not get into them. The only solution here is to go to Freetown and not concede any goal, period.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

This was very ill-advised!!
Don't come in now and start talking to players. What FA Chairman does that after a game? The players are already pissed and don't need a raking-into like that.
He is part of the problem we have!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mcal wrote:...the foreign born players will be saying, wtf is he talking? See dem faces :laugh:

That said, I saw calamity coming. The goals came so easy in the first half, but my beef was that, there was no cohesion, professionalism, leadership. I noticed of the players, after our first goal, mouthing something like a warning as they were celebrating. I guess that did not get into them. The only solution here is to go to Freetown and not concede any goal, period.
I wouldn't say our goals came so easy, they played some good football to get those goals (maybe aside some Iwobi's first goal). Unlike the SLeone goals that just happened due to sheer calamitous defending from us...all they had to do was cross the ball and then BOOM! Goal...rinse and repeat.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

fledy wrote:This was very ill-advised!!
Don't come in now and start talking to players. What FA Chairman does that after a game? The players are already pissed and don't need a raking-into like that.
thank you. He was playing to the gallery at the expense of the players. Total lack of wisdom and leadership.
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

Agree w/this. Criticism is fine but be respectful and do it off-camera.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Leaf wrote:
Agree w/this. Criticism is fine but be respectful and do it off-camera.
This is the same guy that claimed he has a recruitment team but goes and talks to the press claiming he spoke to the parents of the players and says they will definitely represent Nigeria because he knows their parents.......This guy is not humble and plays to the gallery so it’s no surprise he filmed it,Re: “$10k for each player”!!!!!Impulse and emotion is not what makes a good leader!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.