It wasn’t that bad...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: It wasn’t that bad...

Post by waka-man »

It was bad that we gave up a four goal lead. At home. Had a three goal lead with 18 mins to go.
So yeah, it was a really bad result.
But...
The performance for 70 mins was amazing. The collapse was catastrophic. But it happens. Just ask Tottenham HotSpurs
Ultimately once you get over the shock, you analyse the performance and you have to say: 18 disastrous minutes. Don’t let it happen again.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The result was disappointing but I have to agree with Yujam and others here. The first 70 minutes wasn't bad. The last 20 was just a lack of concentration. We analyze performance and we move...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

YUJAM wrote:Watched the game on BEIN last night.
I think the team didn’t play terribly. There were a few big mistakes that led to goals:
Iwobi, Chukwuze, Madueke and the CBs were culpable for the goals. But these guys are yet to gel and I think these issues will be fixed soon.

That said there are a few players who may not have the quality to represent the team at the highest level:
The jury is still out on the goalie. But he starts for Sparta so the potential must be there. Maybe this was a one-off bad game for him.

Aribo. Looked weak and ineffectual in midfield. How does he do against tougher opposition? He needs to prove himself

The RB Kevin didn’t look like a RB.

Sanusi even though he starts for Porto, he was underwhelming in my view. His crossing was really poor. Maybe a one-off?

There may be some changes in the lineup needed based on the performance of some players. The core of the team is strong and young when you think of guys like Vic, Ndidi, Etebo, Chukwueze, Awaziem, Omeruo and Iwobi They’ll be around for a while. The rest of the positions can be resolved with some tinkering.
Yujam, I hope you are not humoring us. It was bad and pathetic
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

Nice one. Interesting view points. Is this a regular program like the one on Arsenal?

BTW, it is illuminating to hear a lot of the social problems seeping through several of the viewpoints. That., my brother, speaks a lot beyond soccer.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro,

Nice one. Interesting view points. Is this a regular program like the one on Arsenal?

BTW, it is illuminating to hear a lot of the social problems seeping through several of the viewpoints. That., my brother, speaks a lot beyond soccer.

Yup. Really a joy to listen to them. Nigeria has disappeared them big time.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

vancity eagle wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
If this was Amodu or Keshi I can imagine what some people will say or do!

Keshi did worse. He lost to fake Congo at home.

There were also home draws against Kenya, and losses to Sudan.

Oh and he failed to qualify for AFCON.

What would you say if that was Rohr ?
I don't normally agree with you "vancity eagle" but thanks for this response, the overreaction is incredible to see.