Where is Damunkey?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Where is Damunkey?

Post by The YeyeMan »

Where is Dokinta Damunkey? Aka Rohr's Chief Propgandist. :D He usually posts a thread with people's anxious comments taken from the match thread.

I haven't seen the result of yesterday's game as I typically rely on Damunk's post-game comment thread to give me jist. Anyone seen it? Anyone seen him? He's been awfully quiet. :D

Wetin? No spoilers please.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Where is Damunkey?

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:Where is Dokinta Damunkey? Aka Rohr's Chief Propgandist. :D He usually posts a thread with people's anxious comments taken from the match thread.

I haven't seen the result of yesterday's game as I typically rely on Damunk's post-game comment thread to give me jist. Anyone seen it? Anyone seen him? He's been awfully quiet. :D

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Where is Dokinta Damunkey? Aka Rohr's Chief Propgandist. :D He usually posts a thread with people's anxious comments taken from the match thread.

He's fasting and praying for the second leg, abeg no disturb am with yesterdays problems :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Rohr is a PE teacher
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Too deflated to even watch the match.
Had a brief glimpse when it was 4-1.
Got back home at about midnight and collapsed when I saw the final score.

Allow me to heal.
But I aint gonna go cheering for S'Leone if that's what you're thinking. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Rohr is a PE teacher
My theory on players exhaustion towards the end of game is: They spent majority of their time in camp on physical drills and 11 v 11.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

In retrospect, the result especially considering the total collapse in the 2H when the team was in cruise control was inexcusable... but I believe the boys will bounce back in Freetown and show them who's boss. Freak results like this do happen in football, Aston Villa slapping a Liverpool team by 7 goals is one of such among others... the boys will surely know better now and stay focused. I'm all calm now after the storm.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rohr should ask Yobo to assist the defence with his expertise,Yobo was a captain and a defender so he should know a thing of two about defensive marshalling.The Nigerian National “team” isn’t only a team on the field Rohr should seek technical assistance where it’s obviously needed and if he already has then he needs to figure out where it’s going wrong.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr is not the future. It is time to move on. Still time to rebuild before the next WC. We need to make a decision. Hopefully the NFF have already started the process of head hunting for the next coach. We can't delay. Once Rohr is fired, a new coach should be appointed within days not months. None of that announcement or advertisment of the job and interview nonsense.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am beginning to see what people asking for Rohr's termination has been saying. Right now, I am very close to joining them
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Too deflated to even watch the match.
Had a brief glimpse when it was 4-1.
Got back home at about midnight and collapsed when I saw the final score.

Allow me to heal.
But I aint gonna go cheering for S'Leone if that's what you're thinking. :taunt:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't watch the game at all, so my health wasn't threatened; however, I doubt I will ever want to watch the game's tape.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr is not the future. It is time to move on. Still time to rebuild before the next WC. We need to make a decision. Hopefully the NFF have already started the process of head hunting for the next coach. We can't delay. Once Rohr is fired, a new coach should be appointed within days not months. None of that announcement or advertisment of the job and interview nonsense.
Ohenhen1, this your idea seems like that of 'fire-brigade, which in the past, made things worse for us. So, I disagree with your suggested approach to the problem at hand
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote:
I am beginning to see what people asking for Rohr's termination has been saying. Right now, I am very close to joining them
The only thing stopping me at the moment, is that his replacement is likely to be worse.

There are many benefits with Rohr, despite him not being ideal.

Those benefits will likely go out the door, with no improvement in other areas are we to just hire the next "ex player" coach.

Things could be much worse than they are right now, believe me.

MUCH WORSE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Guys we are stuck with Rohr, that is just the truth. He will qualify for AFCON. Then we head into WCQ. We will then qualify for the playoffs, and that is where the uncertainty begins.

Rohr has been building a team that has been going in the right direction, with hiccups along the way. Any team will have its hiccups, this is not unique to Nigeria.

There is no need to smash what we have to pieces in order to spite our own face.

Bringing in a new coach at this point will be disastrous, and should only be a very last option if things continue to get worse and seem irreparable.

So long as Rohr steadies the ship on Tuesday, this will end up being nothing more than a valuable lesson learned.

We must pressure Rohr, like the media did in asking.

1. Why so few midfielders ?
2. Why play Akpoguma at RB when you have Aina and Ebuehi .
3. Why play an unfit and clueless Musa ?
4. Why Onuachu ?

Rohr must not be let off the hook when it comes to these decisions.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No we are not. The NFF need to identify 3 or 4 viable candidates. Review their credentials. Hold secret talks on salary and etc. Announce the removal of Rohr and announce his replacement within days. Schedule friendlies and etc for him. Still about 2 years before the next world cup. Plenty of time to make the change. It is not fire brigade. BTW what do we have to lose. Rohr is not going to do anything different from what he has done so far. Might as well make the change.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx