MY STARTING LINEUP FOR RETURN LEG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
MY STARTING LINEUP FOR RETURN LEG

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr should do no less than this for the return match.

*************************************OKOYE***************************************

EBUEHI***********************AKPOBUMA**********BALOGUN**********************AINA

******************************ETEBO************ARIBO****************************

**************************************IWOBI**************************************

CHUKWUEZE***********************************************************DENNIS/EJUKE

**************************************IHEANACHO*********************************

Sanusi for all the hype is just OK to me. He's definately better than Collins, but I think Aina is a better LB to be honest, and Sanusi should be benched for his nonsense that cost us with his nonchalant play. Too bad we dont have other options to punish other players like Iwobi.

Ajayi should be brought on at DM once Aribo starts to tire.

Troost should drop to bench for his shameful display at heart of defence, and Akpobuma should play his natural position for effs sake.

I dont want to see the basketball player.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: STARTING LINEUP FOR RETURN LEG

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I don’t even want to think about it!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The same Akpoguma you said was piss poor at RB, missing tackles etc? You commot Sanusi? Na wa for you o...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:The same Akpoguma you said was piss poor at RB, missing tackles etc? You commot Sanusi? Na wa for you o...

He is a CB.

He was poor at RB.

Troost deserves to sit on the bench, as does Sanusi for his nonsense that lead to the goal.

Sanusi is not a better LB than Aina.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:The same Akpoguma you said was piss poor at RB, missing tackles etc? You commot Sanusi? Na wa for you o...

He is a CB.

He was poor at RB.

Troost deserves to sit on the bench, as does Sanusi for his nonsense that lead to the goal.

Sanusi is not a better LB than Aina.
Sanusi plays he was not part of the failure.... and he is better than Aina. You can play the whole of Barcelona but if the coach can’t see that players are tired and change them at the right time!!! Same result.

Btw....I guarantee you that Musa starts, Onuacho starts and Akpoguma plays RB....Rohr is clueless and done
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: MY STARTING LINEUP FOR RETURN LEG

Post by YUJAM »

Awaziem and Omeruo hurt? Abdullahi at RB?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Aribo has yet to play well on African soil.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Rohr should do no less than this for the return match.

*************************************OKOYE***************************************

EBUEHI***********************AKPOBUMA**********BALOGUN**********************AINA

******************************ETEBO************ARIBO****************************

**************************************IWOBI**************************************

CHUKWUEZE***********************************************************DENNIS/EJUKE

**************************************IHEANACHO*********************************

Sanusi for all the hype is just OK to me. He's definately better than Collins, but I think Aina is a better LB to be honest, and Sanusi should be benched for his nonsense that cost us with his nonchalant play. Too bad we dont have other options to punish other players like Iwobi.

Troost should drop to bench for his shameful display at heart of defence, and Akpobuma should play his natural position for effs sake.

Sanusi is a good player.

The entire team was overconfident and paid the price. What would worry me is the lack of leadership on the pitch, rather than the performance of individual players.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Aribo should not be starting this game. He was too weak for my liking in this game and did little in the middle. We were terribly weak physically. We needed physical players in this team and we must choose a stadium with good stuff to play on. We must stop shooting ourselves in the foot.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mystic wrote:

Sanusi is a good player.

The entire team was overconfident and paid the price. What would worry me is the lack of leadership on the pitch, rather than the performance of individual players.

Completely agree on the leadership issue.

But these are strange times with some outlier results.

I saw Liverpool, complete with Van Dijk ship in 8 goals, and normally leading players looking like mugs...

Nobody came out of this debacle with any credit whatsoever...

The attention to details was totally lacking, beginning especially with Rohr...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Please play players in their right positions for goodness sake, Akpoguma isn't a RB but a natural playing CB!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Okoye will not start the next game. He needs a less pressure game to regain his confidence. We will qualify with a victory on Tuesday, so we can then use the remaining games to rebuild his confidence. He is the future.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote:Aribo has yet to play well on African soil.

He played well for much of the first half, then faded out.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mystic,

I think it is against African opposition rather than African soil but I do agree. I think, however, that he will adjust to this. Remember that Iwobi had difficulty for quite some time but Alex has been one of our best players in recent times. I believe it is a matter of getting comfortable against this kind of opposition.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote:
Mystic,

I think it is against African opposition rather than African soil but I do agree. I think, however, that he will adjust to this. Remember that Iwobi had difficulty for quite some time but Alex has been one of our best players in recent times. I believe it is a matter of getting comfortable against this kind of opposition.

Aribo was very physical. He twice that I remembered muscled SL players off and stole the ball.

His problem is that he seems to tire easily in the heat.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

The coach should try as much as possible to play these players at their usual club positions and not try to convert Right Full back to an attcker.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

So Sanusi (in his 3rd cap) should be dropped for his nonchalant play, but the more experienced Iwobi & Chukwueze should get away free for their nonsense play that led to us conceding? It can't be too much for you to at least be consistent.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

:lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote:So Sanusi (in his 3rd cap) should be dropped for his nonchalant play, but the more experienced Iwobi & Chukwueze should get away free for their nonsense play that led to us conceding? It can't be too much for you to at least be consistent.

Sanusi is replaceable (Aina, Collins)

Unfortunately neither Iwobi or Chukwueze are replaceable at the moment. If they were, I would drop them also.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Great line-up! That's a line up based on merit and one that any normal coach will use but unfortunately Rohr is just too dumb and slow! Watch him start Musa again and play Akpobuma at right back for 90 mins forgetting that this is his 1st game on African soil. We have players like Aina and Ebuehi who are natural wingbacks and have been in good form this season.... The only issue with that line-up is Iwobi can't play 90 min, he needs a replacement in the second half, Nacho should be moved into that role in the second half while Denis takes his place.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Instead of Maduka in goal, i will play Akpeyi.. Akpeyi makes saves, Maduka doesnt.. The first goal through the torros Maduka conceeded, Akpeyi would have saved that.
Akpeyi is still the best Nigerian goal keeper out there, but just inconsistency in the GWG color.
afc##
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Nah let Okoye remain in goal, it wasn't his fault and young keepers need ro be encouraged. What of Stegen from barca that considered 8 goals in a game??
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

----------------------------------Akpeyi----------------------------------------

-----Ebuehi-----------Ekong-----------Awaziem-------Sanusi----

---------------Aribo---------------Ajayi----------------Etebo------

------------Chukwuze------------Iheanacho-----------Ejuke--------

Lack of midfield options will force the introduction of Ajayi in midfield. Terrible team selection by Rohr. Unforced error.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx