ANCQ SIL 0 - NIG 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ANCQ SIL 0 - NIG 0

Post by green4life »

Congrats on the 0-0 draw against mighty Sierra Leone ... home and away draw :clap: :dream: :dream:
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Let's just collect the point and get out of here. Hopefully there are no injuries to come. That was awful!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So Nigeria can't beat the Lone stars after two games. This is the level Rohr and Pinnick has brought to the SE. Both need to be sacked.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

SE gone down hill. No wins this year. Time to reboot.
surakat
Egg
Egg

Post by surakat »

This is considered a moral victory to S/Leone
oju lo pe si!

Uche Shriners Club...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0D82yjA2o
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

So after watching this match, I have to say that this covid period and the lack of playing time has seriously hurt our team chemistry. The team has lost its engine in that midfield, and we are seriously missing Ndidi.

In addition, this pitch was a nightmare, especially for players used to playing in Europe. The coaching staff need to organize more friendlies on African soil. All these Europe based friendlies are nice, but will not get us ready for the upcoming CAF.

Finally, the referee was and linesmen where useless. Kelechi was not offside for his goal, and it was a clear foul/penalty that should have been called, but wasn't.

All in all, we are practically qualified which is the most important, but we need more games on African soil to get this team reacclimatized with playing CAF football.
Last edited by charlie on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Like I said, Rohr is not the coach to take us to the next level. He did a good job bringing us from the dead after Oliseh, but he cannot get us past Senegal or Algeria.

We should bite the bullet on his contract and start looking for his replacement, preferably a younger European. :taunt: :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Phew we survived the mighty Salone! :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:So Nigeria can't beat the Lone stars after two games. This is the level Rohr and Pinnick has brought to the SE. Both need to be sacked.
... something I never expected. I thought we will beat them in one of the games; at least.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

At least the fact that the game changed when Awaziiem came on should tell u all u need to know.....Akpoguma had no business on the RB position offered -10 going forward and average in defending.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

Thank God..Rohr can go back to Germany or France.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

D I S G R A C E !
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
surakat
Egg
Egg

Post by surakat »

charlie wrote:So after watching this match, I have to say that this covid period and the lack of playing time has seriously hurt our team chemistry. The team has lost its engine in that midfield, and we are seriously missing Ndidi.

In addition, this pitch was a nightmare, especially for players used to playing in Europe. The coaching staff need to organize more friendlies on African soil. All these Europe based friendlies are nice, but will not get us ready for the upcoming CAF.
So Nigeria is the only team in the entire world Covid seriously hurt. Na so so excuse.
oju lo pe si!

Uche Shriners Club...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0D82yjA2o
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

green4life wrote:Congrats on the 0-0 draw against mighty Sierra Leone ... home and away draw :clap: :dream: :dream:
Rohr warned us Sierra Leone is a difficult team. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOL

A JOKE!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:Phew we survived the mighty Salone! :clap:
Signs of progress abi?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:
green4life wrote:Congrats on the 0-0 draw against mighty Sierra Leone ... home and away draw :clap: :dream: :dream:

and we have learned from him. Another progress after learning from Madagascar
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

That is why you win at home in Africa. The stadium in Sierra Leone was a disgrace. Ghana lost at Sudan today, it is difficult in these environments. The failure was in Benin, not today. Just take the point and get out of there. Chukwueze was decent when he got involved, Iheanacho played fairly well, but should have taken one of the chances that came to him. Iwobi played some nice balls. Midfield was not good, overrun, and struggled to maintain possession, which will always be a problem on that sort of pitch, I suppose. I wonder if Aribo needs to be competing with Iwobi for the #10 position rather than playing deeper, not so sure he's up to the fight there, Ndidi is needed definitely.

Akpoguma is a good player, but clearly not a full-back. Sierra Leone are all about high balls, so I can see why he might have been preferred, but he cannot get forward at all. Musa is just useless right now. Not playing good balls, poor control to feed, not beating anyone on the wing, not getting in behind. I appreciate his service, but he needs to sort himself out. There are two many talented Nigerian attackers in the world to have that sort of play for 90 minutes.
Last edited by olumide on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:
... as always. Every team is a difficult team. Come-on! I didn't expect us to win in Freetown, but letting our 4-0 lead to evaporate in our home is unacceptable.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:So Nigeria can't beat the Lone stars after two games. This is the level Rohr and Pinnick has brought to the SE. Both need to be sacked.
Thank God, head-to-Head would not be used to determine, if there is tie.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Not fun watching these crop of players on the SE.
BORING, BORING, BORING!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fledy wrote:Not fun watching these crop of players on the SE.
BORING, BORING, BORING!!!
I say it's like Secondary school games of the olden days
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Mohamed Kallon said, Nigeria played for a draw and a clean sheet!