Rohr out!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr out!

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:Rohr is done and gone. Guys should just read the Sports Minister's body French. I'm anticipating Amunike assisted by a couple of reputable former Internationals with the pedigree.
Player pedigree or management pedigree?
You mean like Amokachi, right? :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:Rohr is done and gone. Guys should just read the Sports Minister's body French. I'm anticipating Amunike assisted by a couple of reputable former Internationals with the pedigree.
Baba, even Dammy has seen the light :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I do not have an agenda, my support is for the SE, irrespective of who the coach is. Unlike some people whose stance is set in stone! I can change my mind depending on circumstances because of my genuine love for the SE. Can you?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:I do not have an agenda, my support is for the SE, irrespective of who the coach is. Unlike some people whose stance is set in stone! I can change my mind depending on circumstances because of my genuine love for the SE. Can you?
I do not have an agenda as well. I was of the opinion from the beginning that Rohr was not good enough especially in Tactics, game management and reading! During the Russia WC, Ibitoye (former SE press officer) confirmed Rohr is a conservative coach and make late substitutions because the GK or a player could get injured and if Rohr has used all his subs, he would not be able to replace the injured player.

I don´t blame Rohr, I blame those who employed him, set low targets for him, informed him HB players were not good enough and we should be happy for qualification.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:I do not have an agenda, my support is for the SE, irrespective of who the coach is. Unlike some people whose stance is set in stone! I can change my mind depending on circumstances because of my genuine love for the SE. Can you?
I do not have an agenda as well. I was of the opinion from the beginning that Rohr was not good enough especially in Tactics, game management and reading! During the Russia WC, Ibitoye (former SE press officer) confirmed Rohr is a conservative coach and make late substitutions because the GK or a player could get injured and if Rohr has used all his subs, he would not be able to replace the injured player.

I don´t blame Rohr, I blame those who employed him, set low targets for him, informed him HB players were not good enough and we should be happy for qualification.
I understand your argument better now, the only thing that spoilt it was your reference to home based players!
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Damunky is prepared to be buried with his white master! :lol: A true EhiOba to **** :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

iworo wrote:
Enyi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Whats funny is people want a coach sacked when he is top of the group and on path to qualify.

The team finished 3rd in last AFCON after missing the previous 2 editions.

People act as if Nigeria never struggled in qualifying. In fact Rohr brought the most stable qualifying in SE history, sadly this seems to be changing, but every single previous Nigeria coach had hiccups in qualifying, every single one.

I dont know what people want, but they are acting emotionally. They act as if we have so many great options beyond Rohr, and truth is we just don't.

I used to really like Rohr. Now frankly he passes me off tbh, but the alternative is not good at all.

A hastily appointed coach, who will have to implement his style and system, and it WILL disrupt the team. They will not magically improve. Rohr has his faults, but many of the problems we saw in Benin, are the same problems that have haunted SE of the past.

1. Lack of guts and hustle
2. Poor fitness
3. Complacency and arrogance

While we can blame Rohr for poor selection and poor use of subs, we cannot blame him for the stupidity displayed by Iwobi, Sanusi, Chkwueze, for passing the ball to opponents at the back. We cannot blame Rohr for Ajayi falling asleep, after being on the pitch, literally a few minutes. There is blame to go round, and plenty of it is on the players for their lackadaisical attitude after going 4-0 up.

A new coach will not fix that, nor will he fix the piss poor pitches we must play on.

I have seen these piss poor displays by SE under all coaches.

Rohr, Oliseh, Keshi, SSS, Amodu, Vogts,

These poor displays are not the norm with Rohr. I mean the first 70 minutes against SL, was literally some of the best football we have seen under SE in a long time. Same with the Lesotho match, and the Ukraine friendly. All some of the best football I have seen SE play in a decade. So we should just ignore this, ignore the fact we still top the group and should easily qualify.

All for what ?

There is no miracle out there, I have seen enough coaches foreign and domestic to know there is no magic cure out there. Stability is vastly underrated by Nigerians.

Tell me that Kopp or Van Gaal is out there just waiting to coach SE, and I will say to sack Rohr. But there is no easy fix out there. Things can be much worse than they are now, I have seen this scenario many times before.

For all the clamor for a homegrown coach, the last 3 failed to qualify for AFCON. Amunike who people are touting coached the worst team of the last AFCON.Peoples memories are short.

What this situation reminds me of is the political situation in the US on 2016.

People were so passed at Hillary Clinton and democrats, they thought "what the heck, let's vote for Trump, IT CANNOT GET ANY WORSE"

Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Frankly I am far more scared of another Keshi or Oliseh, than I am of Rohr.
VE.....I think that you are missing the point. At this present time, Rohr's mistakes is costing us games....lets take the last two games.....
the reason why Ajayi is in the game is due to Rohr not Balogun's injury....u cannot justify calling up 2 centrally midfielders when you have options at home and then call up 3 RB.... and then proceed to play a CB in that position...it is indefensible.

Oshimen got injured, our play needed a target man that can hustle and hold up the ball......Dressers not Onuacho or Kelechi.

don't get me started on the subs.....

we drew 4-4 cos a local coach saw that his team is tiring and made subs to freshen things but our great coach let tired players on the pitch and of course...they will be mental lapses...

if you watched the game yesterday....once Akpoguma left for Awaziem...we improved 10 fold.....

Rohr brought honesty and stability yes....but that will be used to judge the next guy....he needs t go and I trust Pinnick not to just employ anyone
I stopped ready upon seeing the red highlighted word :mad:. You're definitely hittin' pipe :lol: .

i think you are....do u think home is Nigeria? do you think all Midfielders live in Nigeria...? Think before you type
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........