Lest we Forget

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Lest we Forget

Post by 1naija »

https://www.11v11.com/matches/sierra-le ... 01-270529/

Sierra Leone v Nigeria, 21 April 2001
Score 1-0 to Sierra Leone
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Lest we Forget

Post by The Eagle »

1naija wrote:

That was Bonfrere Jo .... who promised before the match that he would resign if we didn't beat Sierra Leone. At the time the Eagles were in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup. Also at the time Sierra Leone had played 4 matches, lost 4 matches, and scored 0 goals .... so Bonfrere's boast about beating them or resigning was kind of cowardly.

And then he lost to them. And didn't resign, so as not to lose a payoff from the predictable sack.

The late great Amodu Shuaibu (RIP) was hired to replace him. Amodu didn't just qualify, he kick-started a 16-year unbeaten streak in World Cup qualifying, and was responsible for the majority of victories during this streak. The streak finally ended when Rohr fielded an ineligible player against Algeria, which saw FIFA award Algeria a 3-0 victory over Nigeria.

Amodu was not allowed to manage Nigeria at either of the World Cups he qualified us for, and at the time of his death, some six years after he last managed the Eagles, he was still being owed his salary.

PS: If you are wondering why this "thesis" .... our treatment of Amodu still angers me. It really bugs me that he never managed us at the World Cup. The worst he could possibly have done is exit after three matches ..... like Lagerback ($1.5 million) and Rohr, who both got paid their salaries.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

That was Bonfrere Jo .... who promised before the match that he would resign if we didn't beat Sierra Leone. At the time the Eagles were in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup. Also at the time Sierra Leone had played 4 matches, lost 4 matches, and scored 0 goals .... so Bonfrere's boast about beating them or resigning was kind of cowardly.

And then he lost to them. And didn't resign, so as not to lose a payoff from the predictable sack.

The late great Amodu Shuaibu (RIP) was hired to replace him. Amodu didn't just qualify, he kick-started a 16-year unbeaten streak in World Cup qualifying, and was responsible for the majority of victories during this streak. The streak finally ended when Rohr fielded an ineligible player against Algeria, which saw FIFA award Algeria a 3-0 victory over Nigeria.

Amodu was not allowed to manage Nigeria at either of the World Cups he qualified us for, and at the time of his death, some six years after he last managed the Eagles, he was still being owed his salary.

PS: If you are wondering why this "thesis" .... our treatment of Amodu still angers me. It really bugs me that he never managed us at the World Cup. The worst he could possibly have done is exit after three matches ..... like Lagerback ($1.5 million) and Rohr, who both got paid their salaries.
You have Backstabber Onigninde and many of his enablers here to thank for that.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

Nigeria is that kind of country where even when you succeed with limited or no resources or assistance you are not seen as a valuable asset,I remember when Keshi took a rag tag Nigeria to Afcon victory in 2013 despite the NFF holding meetings to replace him before the quarter finals with CIV and he still stayed on after winning the competition surprisingly.
Any decent manager worth his salt shouldn’t waste his time with such ungrateful incompetent clowns.RIP Amodu and Keshi your stars will always shine over the fading nation!Rohr will be gone but they will replace him with another clown (no cliche needed) don’t mark my words as usual!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
1naija wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

Nigeria is that kind of country where even when you succeed with limited or no resources or assistance you are not seen as a valuable asset,I remember when Keshi took a rag tag Nigeria to Afcon victory in 2013 despite the NFF holding meetings to replace him before the quarter finals with CIV and he still stayed on after winning the competition surprisingly.
Any decent manager worth his salt shouldn’t waste his time with such ungrateful incompetent clowns.RIP Amodu and Keshi your stars will always shine over the fading nation!Rohr will be gone but they will replace him with another clown (no cliche needed) don’t mark my words as usual!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved