Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3684
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Qualified Tanzania for their first AFCON in over 30 years :clap: :clap: :clap: I paid very close attention to their performances and it was very clear he emphasizes a lot on playing as a unit and spatial awareness, the players just lacked the quality for his tactics to be fully effective at that stage. I'm sure he'd bring the best out of the likes of Iwobi and Chukwueze.


He finished dead last in the entire ANC.

This is the type of mediocrity you want to replace a coach who is top of his group.

I just laugh.

You really want to talk about Rohr's record before he became our coach?



His record is FAR SUPERIOR to Amunike or any of the other names being touted

He coached Gabon to the top of their group in 2012 overachieving by beating both Tunisia and Morocco

In 2013 he again overachieved by coaching Niger to a draw with DR Congo, losses to Ghana and Mali are expected. Even the loss to Mali was only 1-0. That is a good result for Niger.

Plus he also has experience coaching top French clubs.

Yet your Amunike finished DEAD LAST of 24 teams, couldn't even beat or draw with Kenya, and this is who you want to take over our SE.

Give me a break.

That Gabon team that were hosts and had Aubameyang to rely on for goals? You're saying he overachieved with Niger with 13 losses in 23 games? Chai :oops: Then at Burkina Faso he won 3 out of 11 games.

Bare in mind these are all far bigger footballing nations than Tanzania who had not even qualified for an AFCON in 30 years and made just their 2nd appearance at the tournament. We've seen how Rohr's results have improved with our much better quality players as well as some AFCON winners that he even got his first ever medal (Bronze) as a coach with us despite it not being anything new to us.

Common sense tells me that with better players Amunike can build a far better team.

Sunset owning VE like his biatch :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
imehjunior wrote:
I miss the good old days when we used calculator to calculate if we will qualify, when we missed Nations cup back to back , drew with mighty Angola. Kenya and South Africa in Kano , Calabar and Uyo.
I miss those good old days when we argued over why Ruben Gabriel and Uchebo went to the world cup or why lzuna Uzochukwu was invited and Sylvester Igboun given the no 10 jersey if I remember correctly Mikel was benched for him.
I miss coaches and players having beef and we not knowing what point we need to qualify for the Nations cup in Egypt.



tell them.

Some people have very short memories.

I do not.

I've seen SE at rock bottom, and right now, we are far from that.

Saying "it cant be worse" is completely asinine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88365
Location: Earth
i don't think any other manager can do worst than that ****

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:39 am
Posts: 7048
Location: USA
Bigpokey24 wrote:
call in Finidi as his assistant with yobo... watch us excel


I thought about this too. But at lease call Amunke and Finidi as co-assistant coaches for the Super Eagles. Work with Rohr until his contract runs out; in two years????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39964
Igugu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
call in Finidi as his assistant with yobo... watch us excel


I thought about this too. But at lease call Amunke and Finidi as co-assistant coaches for the Super Eagles. Work with Rohr until his contract runs out; in two years????


Work with Rohr based on what?

I dont support the sack of Rohr (Time to sack him was after the WC), but nothing for Finidi or Amunike to learn under him.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 48733
imehjunior wrote:
I miss the good old days when we used calculator to calculate if we will qualify, when we missed Nations cup back to back , drew with mighty Angola. Kenya and South Africa in Kano , Calabar and Uyo.
I miss those good old days when we argued over why Ruben Gabriel and Uchebo went to the world cup or why lzuna Uzochukwu was invited and Sylvester Igboun given the no 10 jersey if I remember correctly Mikel was benched for him.
I miss coaches and players having beef and we not knowing what point we need to qualify for the Nations cup in Egypt.


Don't forget the good ole days when we used to bribe Ghana and Kenya so we can qualify in the dying minute of our game with them.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16292
vancity eagle wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
I miss the good old days when we used calculator to calculate if we will qualify, when we missed Nations cup back to back , drew with mighty Angola. Kenya and South Africa in Kano , Calabar and Uyo.
I miss those good old days when we argued over why Ruben Gabriel and Uchebo went to the world cup or why lzuna Uzochukwu was invited and Sylvester Igboun given the no 10 jersey if I remember correctly Mikel was benched for him.
I miss coaches and players having beef and we not knowing what point we need to qualify for the Nations cup in Egypt.



tell them.

Some people have very short memories.

I do not.

I've seen SE at rock bottom, and right now, we are far from that.

Saying "it cant be worse" is completely asinine.


Yes, and thats the only reason you have not been strung up for treason; and can still blab around here.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 649
Location: moscow,Russia
Let leave Rohr alone and see how he fares in the next two qualification games. We would most likely qualify, we just need 3 points to finish 2nd, which is enough to qualify.

_________________
afc##


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88365
Location: Earth
chuks69 wrote:
Let leave Rohr alone and see how he fares in the next two qualification games. We would most likely qualify, we just need 3 points to finish 2nd, which is enough to qualify.

AFCON has 24 teams, the likes of Uganda now qualifies willy nilly. talkless of Madagascar and Mauritania. It is no feat to qualify for a 24 team AFcon , when you get grouped vs the likes of Benin, Lesotho, Seychelles, Kenya, Salone , etc. We aren't improving by playing such teams, We've seen how **** is unable to deliver in 2 competitions, the Worldcup was a massive failure and so was AFCON 2019.
The NFF and the sports federation are drafting a much better alternative, we won't have to deal with park the bus and hope for the best.. we won't have to deal with struggling to hold a lead at the last few mins of a game. Cameroon in Yaounde, Argentina in Russia, Algeria in Egypt and then the worst of all worst Salone in Nigeria after taken a 4 goal lead... do you see the pattern?

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:29 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10558
Location: loughborough.
Bigpokey24 wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Let leave Rohr alone and see how he fares in the next two qualification games. We would most likely qualify, we just need 3 points to finish 2nd, which is enough to qualify.

AFCON has 24 teams, the likes of Uganda now qualifies willy nilly. talkless of Madagascar and Mauritania. It is no feat to qualify for a 24 team AFcon , when you get grouped vs the likes of Benin, Lesotho, Seychelles, Kenya, Salone , etc. We aren't improving by playing such teams, We've seen how **** is unable to deliver in 2 competitions, the Worldcup was a massive failure and so was AFCON 2019.
The NFF and the sports federation are drafting a much better alternative, we won't have to deal with park the bus and hope for the best.. we won't have to deal with struggling to hold a lead at the last few mins of a game. Cameroon in Yaounde, Argentina in Russia, Algeria in Egypt and then the worst of all worst Salone in Nigeria after taken a 4 goal lead... do you see the pattern?


This is for you....

Quote:
Speaking shortly after the game, Rohr promised a more improved Eagles in subsequent matches, adding that he has learnt valuable lessons from the double-legged encounters with the Leone Stars.

“My target was to win the two AFCON qualifiers and book the ticket here, but I am satisfied with the team’s performance. The two points still put the Super Eagles in vantage position to be at the AFCON,” he said. https://guardian.ng/sport/rohr-satisfie ... ed-strike/

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 4612
vancity eagle wrote:
Only on CE will people advocate hiring a coach WHO FINISHED DEAD LAST OF 24 TEAMS.

DEAD LAST.

0 points and minus 6 goal differential.

This is a special type of mental disability.

I know who you are believe it or not. You also have a pattern of love for foreign coaches and hatred for Nigerian coaches. Amodu came, you hated him. Eguavon came, you hated him. Keshi came, you hated him. This is to name a few in Nigeria. Hint, hint, Ed Dove.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:13 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 63525
Even with Rohr, Nigeria will most likely qualify because of our individual talent. Rohr was brought in to win tournaments and get to the Quarters at the World cup. He wasn't brought in to just qualify for tournaments. Interview Amunike, lets hear about his plans.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10558
Location: loughborough.
ohenhen1 wrote:
Even with Rohr, Nigeria will most likely qualify because of our individual talent. Rohr was brought in to win tournaments and get to the Quarters at the World cup. He wasn't brought in to just qualify for tournaments. Interview Amunike, lets hear about his plans.

No. Rohr was employed to qualify for tournaments.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2401
vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Qualified Tanzania for their first AFCON in over 30 years :clap: :clap: :clap: I paid very close attention to their performances and it was very clear he emphasizes a lot on playing as a unit and spatial awareness, the players just lacked the quality for his tactics to be fully effective at that stage. I'm sure he'd bring the best out of the likes of Iwobi and Chukwueze.


He finished dead last in the entire ANC.

This is the type of mediocrity you want to replace a coach who is top of his group.

I just laugh.

You really want to talk about Rohr's record before he became our coach?



His record is FAR SUPERIOR to Amunike or any of the other names being touted

He coached Gabon to the top of their group in 2012 overachieving by beating both Tunisia and Morocco

In 2013 he again overachieved by coaching Niger to a draw with DR Congo, losses to Ghana and Mali are expected. Even the loss to Mali was only 1-0. That is a good result for Niger.

Plus he also has experience coaching top French clubs.

Yet your Amunike finished DEAD LAST of 24 teams, couldn't even beat or draw with Kenya, and this is who you want to take over our SE.

Give me a break.


:bump: :bump:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 63525
I actually like the idea of appointing Amunike. Let Amunike pick his back room staff. Don't force coaches like Yobo or Salisu on him.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2401
Please they should leave Rorhr to lead us to the next ANC and WC. We are almost sure he would get us there.


Now let's work on how we can win it when we get there. Shouldn't we give him finidi or amuneke as his first assistant with Tobi there too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 63525
chief nfachairman wrote:
Please they should leave Rorhr to lead us to the next ANC and WC. We are almost sure he would get us there.


Now let's work on how we can win it when we get there. Shouldn't we give him finidi or amuneke as his first assistant with Tobi there too?


I disagree, I don't think Rohr can win the Afcon. Remove him now. Nigeria standard or expectation is win the Afcon, golden Bronze is not acceptable. We have fired coaches for achieving Golden Bronze or 2nd place in the past. Why should we lower our standards for Rohr?

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 63525
With the likes of Chukwuze, Osihmen, talent like that. Nigeria expectation should always be to win Afcon.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
Nigerian fans are the most delusional in world football.

They wanted to fire a coach for not beating Argentina or Croatia(who finished 2nd)

Now they want to fire a coach, WHO IS LEADING HIS GROUP, to replace him with an utter failure who has coached one national team and lead that team to place 24th out of 24 teams.

You literally could not make this up. The levels of stupidity is astounding.

What I am witnessing is no different than the levels of delusion displayed by Trump supporters who live in an alternate universe of reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
ohenhen1 wrote:
With the likes of Chukwuze, Osihmen, talent like that. Nigeria expectation should always be to win Afcon.


And what should be the expectation of Algeria, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Morocco, WHO ALL HAVE BETTER PLAYERS THAN US.

They would all just lay down for Nigerias delusional fans to get their birthright.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2401
vancity eagle wrote:
Nigerian fans are the most delusional in world football.

They wanted to fire a coach for not beating Argentina or Croatia(who finished 2nd)

Now they want to fire a coach, WHO IS LEADING HIS GROUP, to replace him with an utter failure who has coached one national team and lead that team to place 24th out of 24 teams.

You literally could not make this up. The levels of stupidity is astounding.

What I am witnessing is no different than the levels of delusion displayed by Trump supporters who live in an alternate universe of reality.



Not just fans, Nigerians in general. They are the samemones that supported buhari even with his poor past records and performance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 63525
vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
With the likes of Chukwuze, Osihmen, talent like that. Nigeria expectation should always be to win Afcon.


And what should be the expectation of Algeria, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Morocco, WHO ALL HAVE BETTER PLAYERS THAN US.

They would all just lay down for Nigerias delusional fans to get their birthright.

I didn't say it is our birthright. But the expectation should always be to win the Afcon which means we hire the best coaches. Our expectation or goal should not be lowered. Go ask Egypt FA, are they telling their coach don't worry your job is safe if you don't win Afcon, no they are surely not doing that.

None of the teams you listed have better players than Nigeria. But they have better coaches and some have better FA. That Algerian coach has outclassed Rohr in two straight games now.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Give Amunike the job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
ohenhen1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
With the likes of Chukwuze, Osihmen, talent like that. Nigeria expectation should always be to win Afcon.


And what should be the expectation of Algeria, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Morocco, WHO ALL HAVE BETTER PLAYERS THAN US.

They would all just lay down for Nigerias delusional fans to get their birthright.

I didn't say it is our birthright. But the expectation should always be to win the Afcon which means we hire the best coaches. Our expectation or goal should not be lowered. Go ask Egypt FA, are they telling their coach don't worry your job is safe if you don't win Afcon, no they are surely not doing that.

None of the teams you listed have better players than Nigeria. But they have better coaches and some have better FA. That Algerian coach has outclassed Rohr in two straight games now.


Expectation and goals are 2 different things.

Nigeria is among a handful of nations who will always have the realistic goal of winning afcon. But nothing should ever be EXPECTED. Again 2 different things.

All those teams I mentioned have better players than Nigeria, you are delusional.

Mahrez, Benrahma , Bennacer, Atal, Benlamri, Mandi, Bensebaini, and their goalkeeper would all walk into our starting lineup. Thats 8 players.

Zaha, Gervinho, Kessie, Aurier, Boly, Fofana, Bailly, all would walk into our starting lineup. 7 players

Ziyech, Hakimi, Amrabat, Harit, Saiss, Bounou, Aguerd, all would waltz in.



The only place we have advantage over these teams is the striking position with Osimehn and a pure DM with Ndidi (error prone mistakes included) thats our only advantage.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group