Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:00 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14876
Location: South London
Why should he waste his time with panicking Pinnick ?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39980
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.

Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88389
Location: Earth
very sad, damunk is poking fun of an African seeking work in europe , knowing how racism is in football....smh

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.
.
He is a player legend, not a manager legend.
I thought that was obvious.
No?

Quote:
Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Dishonest, sentimental tosh.
Can't believe a Nigerian man of your intellectual stature has so quickly and readily adopted the ways of Trump to sway opinion.

You do yourself a great disservice, but I guess 'no-one knows more about NFF's racist coaching philosophy than you do'. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
very sad, damunk is poking fun of an African seeking work in europe , knowing how racism is in football....smh
Bigpokey, you are not very smart....and you insist on reminding us.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 31093
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.

Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin.



Factually incorrect on several levels.

Amuneke has been in the conversation about the top job, just hasn’t been selected.

Second, while the odds are stacked against people like him in Europe, it’s also obvious you cannot go about getting a coaching job like he’s doing...

These things often come down to relationships...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:36 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39980
txj wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.

Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin.



Factually incorrect on several levels.

Amuneke has been in the conversation about the top job, just hasn’t been selected.

Second, while the odds are stacked against people like him in Europe, it’s also obvious you cannot go about getting a coaching job like he’s doing...

These things often come down to relationships...


Which is obviously not available to him because of the colour of his skin.

You can look at how many 'black' coaches you have at the EPL to start with.

Yes he is in the conversation BUT the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew ensured that we do not have a level playing field.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:38 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39980
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.
.
He is a player legend, not a manager legend.
I thought that was obvious.
No?

Quote:
Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Dishonest, sentimental tosh.
Can't believe a Nigerian man of your intellectual stature has so quickly and readily adopted the ways of Trump to sway opinion.

You do yourself a great disservice, but I guess 'no-one knows more about NFF's racist coaching philosophy than you do'. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


You can deny the obvious.

Many times NFF has stated that they only want a FOREIGN (white) coach.

Even many here believe that he will be good only as 'assistant' to the white 'genius'

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.
.
He is a player legend, not a manager legend.
I thought that was obvious.
No?

Quote:
Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Dishonest, sentimental tosh.
Can't believe a Nigerian man of your intellectual stature has so quickly and readily adopted the ways of Trump to sway opinion.

You do yourself a great disservice, but I guess 'no-one knows more about NFF's racist coaching philosophy than you do'. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


You can deny the obvious.

Many times NFF has stated that they only want a FOREIGN (white) coach.

Even many here believe that he will be good only as 'assistant' to the white 'genius'
Wanajo, it is you and many like you here that have a problem with skin colour.
I have long realised it is a projection of self onto others.

It reminds me of a character in the old British sitcom 'Mixed Blessings'. He was the teenage son in a black family of four and whenever he got into trouble with his mum or dad or sister he'd ask "Is it because I'm black?"
Of course it was tongue-in-cheek, but spoke to a number of deeper issues.

Yes, some people def prefer WHITE foreigners regardless, while some prefer FOREIGNERS full stop. The basis of this preference is not hard to understand. It just so happens that the overwhelming majority of the world's established top 500 coaches are not Nigerian and not African. They happen to be white. Sadly. The reasons for that are very obvious.

Nigerians would overwhelmingly prefer for their SE coach to be a Nigerian. FACT.
The problem is that there are very limited options available and Nigerians are not willing or even able to wait for our next top Nigerian coach to come through.
Moreover we have had mixed results not to mention scandalous shenanigans which Nigerians are unwilling and mostly unable to forgive or forget.

If Nigerians were so hooked on this "foreign (white)" skin as you keep banging on about, there wouldn't be this thinly-veiled, whispering racist commentary on our mixed race players. Many can't even restrain themselves and come out openly to say it: "we don't want them".

Nigerians just want results.
If Rohr was a black guy from Wakanda, the factual debate in his favour wouldn't change one bit. If we had the money we would go for Guardiola or Klopp, Simeone or even Wenger. But guess what?
In case you didn't notice, they are all FOREIGN, they are WHITE and surprise, surprise they are not black. :idea:

This 'white skin' thing you and a number of others routinely throw up any time foreign coaches are being debated is straight up racial gaslighting flipped on it's head.

The debate is about quality and competence, not "white skin". But that's how you people deliberately choose to narrow down and then dumb down the argument.

Much like the way the Orange Man in the White House plays from his little Black Book of tricks.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88389
Location: Earth
this video is for the 2 uncle ruckus txj and damnunk

Quote:
More than a quarter of professional footballers in Europe's top leagues are Black. But in all 98 head coaching positions of the top 5 leagues, there are only TWO Black head coaches! Why are there so few Black coaches in professional foot

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88389
Location: Earth
For those like damunk who hardly applies his brain to think, I will explain this simple point to you like ABC. The more African players purchased by European clubs creates exposure for other African players . If countries like Nigeria, CIV , CMR choose to hire black coaches, the more exposure they get so other nations can see their talents. open your eyes and don't think like those with unconscious bias

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:45 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
For those like damunk who hardly applies his brain to think, I will explain this simple point to you like ABC. The more African players purchased by European clubs creates exposure for other African players . If countries like Nigeria, CIV , CMR choose to hire black coaches, the more exposure they get so other nations can see their talents. open your eyes and don't think like those with unconscious bias
If this big revelation makes you feel intelligent, good for you. A for effort. :D
Nice video too.
Thanks for sharing. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 31093
wanaj0 wrote:
txj wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.

Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin.



Factually incorrect on several levels.

Amuneke has been in the conversation about the top job, just hasn’t been selected.

Second, while the odds are stacked against people like him in Europe, it’s also obvious you cannot go about getting a coaching job like he’s doing...

These things often come down to relationships...


Which is obviously not available to him because of the colour of his skin.

You can look at how many 'black' coaches you have at the EPL to start with.

Yes he is in the conversation BUT the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew ensured that we do not have a level playing field.


That's too generalized IMO.

Many of our ex-players do indeed have these relationships from their playing careers.

While nothing is guaranteed, and the disparities speak for themselves, it does sometimes come down to a case by case thing...

I'm just not sure how he's going about it. The bulk of his experiences in Europe was more in Portugal than Spain...and he never really remained close to Barca, perhaps from how sort-lived and injury-ridden his time was there..

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:09 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39980
txj wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
txj wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.

Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin.



Factually incorrect on several levels.

Amuneke has been in the conversation about the top job, just hasn’t been selected.

Second, while the odds are stacked against people like him in Europe, it’s also obvious you cannot go about getting a coaching job like he’s doing...

These things often come down to relationships...


Which is obviously not available to him because of the colour of his skin.

You can look at how many 'black' coaches you have at the EPL to start with.

Yes he is in the conversation BUT the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew ensured that we do not have a level playing field.


That's too generalized IMO.

Many of our ex-players do indeed have these relationships from their playing careers.

While nothing is guaranteed, and the disparities speak for themselves, it does sometimes come down to a case by case thing...

I'm just not sure how he's going about it. The bulk of his experiences in Europe was more in Portugal than Spain...and he never really remained close to Barca, perhaps from how sort-lived and injury-ridden his time was there..


Maybe you can help with 3 Africans (blacks) coaching in any of the major leagues? Maybe coaching is just so difficult that a black man is just not good enough at the top level.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39980
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Here we go.
Our legend dey find work.
I wish him all the best with the SE if he gets the job but he, more than most knows his countripipul well-well.
He can't say he hasn't been warned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Quote:
Nigeria great Emmanuel Amuneke refuses to give up on job in Europe

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54901920
Last updated on 12 November 2020

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke says he will continue to put himself forward for coaching jobs in Europe despite being overlooked by Spanish clubs in the past.

The 49-year-old, who last year led Tanzania to their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980, is seeking a return to management after leaving his role at Egyptian side Misr El-Makkasa.


He also led Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile while as player he won Olympic Gold in 1996, which came two years after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, playing at the World Cup and being named African Footballer of the Year.

"It's frustrating and disappointing that despite playing here and undergoing your coaching training in Spain, Africans are never considered for a job in the country," the former Barcelona player told BBC Sport Africa.

"I returned to Spain after winning the Under-17 World Cup and applied for jobs in the Spanish Leagues, but I was overlooked and not even shortlisted for interviews.

"A second division side in Spain showed strong interest through an agent, but despite my experience of playing in Spain, undertaking my coaching trainings here and winning the World Cup, it was not enough for them to put their trust in me.

"I'm not discouraged about this situation. I will continue to make myself available for any opportunities that may come or any vacant jobs that is open because Spain is where my family lives."

Amuneke and former Super Eagles midfielder Seyi Olofinjana were recently approached for the vacant Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director's role, but both rejected the job, which was filled by Austin Eguavoen last month.

Fully qualified

Nigeria's Emmanuel Amuneke carried on his player's shoulders after they won the 2015 Under-17 World Cup
Emamanuel Amuneke coached Nigeria to the 2015 Under-17 World Cup title in Chile
As well as Egyptian side Zamalek, Amuneke shone at Portugal's Sporting Club before moving to Spanish giants Barcelona in 1996.

He also played for Albacete in Spain as a player before earning Uefa's highest coaching qualification - a Uefa Pro coaching licence - in the country after his retirement.

Despite obtaining his coaching badges with the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) at his home base in Santander, he has refused to accept that opportunities in Europe for an African manager should be limited.

"You can only keep knocking on different doors politely with a positive mindset that one day they will open it for you," he insisted.

"No one should feel entitled to any job or seek a tokenism role, but instead continue to seek an equal opportunity like other managers.

"You never know, the next job might be in the Spanish league or elsewhere. I am happy with what I have achieved and what I am doing.

"I can only continue to stay optimistic and hopefully the objective [to manage in Spain] will be achieved."

Earning more experience

Emmanuel Amuneke's stellar playing career included scoring against Italy at the 1994 World Cup finals
Amuneke insists he is qualified enough to make an impact at any level and rejects his lack of experience 'in European management' as being a legitimate reason not to earn a first European managerial job.

"You first need a job to get experience and it has to start from somewhere," he added.

"I've managed at youth and international level in Africa, as well as clubs. You need to also aim higher if you have the highest qualifications.

"Opportunities will always come if you keep your head up, continue to develop yourself and do what is needful to succeed as a coach.

"You can not limit yourself by thinking African all the time. Because if you are good enough to play in Europe then you must believe you are good enough to also manage in Europe."

Amuneke left Tanzania by mutual consent following the team's failure to progress to the knock-out stages of Egypt 2019.

A stellar career so far
The 1994 African Footballer of the Year previously managed his country's youth teams and Sudanese club SC Khartoum.

He was the assistant coach when Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup trophy for a record fourth time in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Two years later, he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth U-17 World Cup title in Chile and, revered as a proven youth manager, he was swiftly promoted to coach the Nigeria's under-20 side, the Flying Eagles.

As a player, he was a key part of the Super Eagles team, scoring both goals at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia where Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 to secure their second African title.

He also played for the Super Eagles at the 1994 World Cup - scoring memorable goals against Bulgaria and Italy.

Two years after that triumph in Tunisia, he scored the winner again as Nigeria stunned Argentina 3-2 in the 1996 Olympic football final in Atlanta to become the first African football nation to win Olympic gold.


He is NOT yet a legend BUT he can not do worse than Rohr.

Yes he is looking for job because he has a family to feed.

He has the odds stack against him because of the COLOR of his skin. Same reason why you don't have blacks represented in the EPL and other leagues.
.
He is a player legend, not a manager legend.
I thought that was obvious.
No?

Quote:
Amuneke's case is worse because even in his own COUNTRY he will not even be considered for the top job because of the color of his skin
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Dishonest, sentimental tosh.
Can't believe a Nigerian man of your intellectual stature has so quickly and readily adopted the ways of Trump to sway opinion.

You do yourself a great disservice, but I guess 'no-one knows more about NFF's racist coaching philosophy than you do'. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


You can deny the obvious.

Many times NFF has stated that they only want a FOREIGN (white) coach.

Even many here believe that he will be good only as 'assistant' to the white 'genius'
Wanajo, it is you and many like you here that have a problem with skin colour.
I have long realised it is a projection of self onto others.

It reminds me of a character in the old British sitcom 'Mixed Blessings'. He was the teenage son in a black family of four and whenever he got into trouble with his mum or dad or sister he'd ask "Is it because I'm black?"
Of course it was tongue-in-cheek, but spoke to a number of deeper issues.

Yes, some people def prefer WHITE foreigners regardless, while some prefer FOREIGNERS full stop. The basis of this preference is not hard to understand. It just so happens that the overwhelming majority of the world's established top 500 coaches are not Nigerian and not African. They happen to be white. Sadly. The reasons for that are very obvious.

Nigerians would overwhelmingly prefer for their SE coach to be a Nigerian. FACT.
The problem is that there are very limited options available and Nigerians are not willing or even able to wait for our next top Nigerian coach to come through.
Moreover we have had mixed results not to mention scandalous shenanigans which Nigerians are unwilling and mostly unable to forgive or forget.

If Nigerians were so hooked on this "foreign (white)" skin as you keep banging on about, there wouldn't be this thinly-veiled, whispering racist commentary on our mixed race players. Many can't even restrain themselves and come out openly to say it: "we don't want them".

Nigerians just want results.
If Rohr was a black guy from Wakanda, the factual debate in his favour wouldn't change one bit. If we had the money we would go for Guardiola or Klopp, Simeone or even Wenger. But guess what?
In case you didn't notice, they are all FOREIGN, they are WHITE and surprise, surprise they are not black. :idea:

This 'white skin' thing you and a number of others routinely throw up any time foreign coaches are being debated is straight up racial gaslighting flipped on it's head.

The debate is about quality and competence, not "white skin". But that's how you people deliberately choose to narrow down and then dumb down the argument.

Much like the way the Orange Man in the White House plays from his little Black Book of tricks.


'White' because of the colonial mentality that anything 'white' is better. We don't present a level playing ' field'

If the Algerian coach was 'white' he will enter into the the discussion BUT did you or anyone consider him? Why? Has he not achieved more than Rohr? Why are you not clamoring that we make him an irresistible offer? There was also the Egyptian coach who won numerous ANC.

So when 'foreign' is mentioned it is obvious what is meant.

Sorry, if it is not evident to you that there is discrimination then nothing I can do with that.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:

'White' because of the colonial mentality that anything 'white' is better. We don't present a level playing ' field'

If the Algerian coach was 'white' he will enter into the the discussion BUT did you or anyone consider him? Why? Has he not achieved more than Rohr? Why are you not clamoring that we make him an irresistible offer? There was also the Egyptian coach who won numerous ANC.

So when 'foreign' is mentioned it is obvious what is meant.

Sorry, if it is not evident to you that there is discrimination then nothing I can do with that.
You are just making baseless claims about me and other faceless people.

For starters, Shehata had every reason to resign as Egypt's national team coach at the time he did. He went from super Hero to sub Zero, culminating in failing to qualify for AFCON, and NEVER qualifying Egypt for the world Cup even in Egypt's years of total dominance of Africa. So he wasn't exactly flavour of the month and hasn't been since then. And as far as I know, the Algerian coach you refer to is still the coach of Algeria. :D

But just to set the record straight, when you have small time, this CE thread from back in 2014 illustrates EXACTLY how I and many others feel about local vs foreign "white" coaches. There are many threads that pre-date it, but this is as good as any. And maceo4's post was particularly compelling and underpins the dilemma we have here in Africa.

So no need trying to paint me negatively or misrepresent my position just to make your point. :D
Please don't do it again. :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39980
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

'White' because of the colonial mentality that anything 'white' is better. We don't present a level playing ' field'

If the Algerian coach was 'white' he will enter into the the discussion BUT did you or anyone consider him? Why? Has he not achieved more than Rohr? Why are you not clamoring that we make him an irresistible offer? There was also the Egyptian coach who won numerous ANC.

So when 'foreign' is mentioned it is obvious what is meant.

Sorry, if it is not evident to you that there is discrimination then nothing I can do with that.
You are just making baseless claims about me and other faceless people.

For starters, Shehata had every reason to resign as Egypt's national team coach at the time he did. He went from super Hero to sub Zero, culminating in failing to qualify for AFCON, and NEVER qualifying Egypt for the world Cup even in Egypt's years of total dominance of Africa. So he wasn't exactly flavour of the month and hasn't been since then. And as far as I know, the Algerian coach you refer to is still the coach of Algeria. :D

But just to set the record straight, when you have small time, this CE thread from back in 2014 illustrates EXACTLY how I and many others feel about local vs foreign "white" coaches. There are many threads that pre-date it, but this is as good as any. And maceo4's post was particularly compelling and underpins the dilemma we have here in Africa.

So no need trying to paint me negatively or misrepresent my position just to make your point. :D
Please don't do it again. :idea:


How have I misrepresented you?

This is not the first time that we have heard that only a 'foreign' (now foreign mean white) can coach Nigeria. Ayo Akinfe is a classic case.

Right now we are being told there is no ALTERNATIVE to Rohr. Like Prof Aluko said during the SAP debate "There is an ALTERNATIVE to LIFE which is death" so there is always an alternative.

You came up with a 'shortlist' and they are all 'white' which is no strange.

And YES Africans (Blacks) need to do much more to even get recognised. That's why Rohr can be said to have OUTPERFORMED Keshi :taunt:

NB:

Was Shehata ever considered as SE coach even when he was winning multiple ANC? If not why?

Is it only 'jobless' coaches that can be in charge of the SE? Any reason why we cannot make an offer to the Algerian coach?

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:14 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
There was also the Egyptian coach who won numerous ANC.

So when 'foreign' is mentioned it is obvious what is meant.
NB:
Was Shehata ever considered as SE coach even when he was winning multiple ANC? If not why?

Is it only 'jobless' coaches that can be in charge of the SE? Any reason why we cannot make an offer to the Algerian coach?
The answer apparently is YES.

This is for you. I stumbled across it while researching Shuaibu Amodu yesterday.
You might need to revise your argument slightly. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Quote:
Nigeria part company with coach Shaibu Amodu
6th Feb, 2010

Nigeria have sacked coach Shaibu Amodu despite the team's third-place finish at this year's Africa Cup of Nations.
It is the second time the 51-year-old has been removed from his post ahead of a World Cup finals tournament.
The decision was taken after a late-night meeting of the Nigerian Football Federation in Abuja.
Dutchman Guus Hiddink, currently Russia's coach, is among those on a shortlist of preferred candidates to replace Amodu.
Earlier this week, Egypt coach Hassan Shehata claimed he had been approached by Nigeria to lead them at the World Cup later this year, while Zambia boss Herve Renard says he has been approached by several other African teams.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 501722.stm


Quote:
Egypt coach Hassan Shehata reveals Nigeria approach
Feb 1st, 2010

Shehata is under contract with the Egyptian FA until 2012
Egypt coach Hassan Shehata claims he has been approached by Nigeria to lead them at the World Cup in June.
Shehata revealed he had been offered the post on a temporary basis, after leading Egypt to their third successive Africa Cup of Nations title on Sunday.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 492166.stm


So if you don't know, now you know. :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:57 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
When I repeatedly point out that Nigerians have short memories, repeat the same mistakes over and over again and even pick and choose which facts to bring up and which facts to ignore, it is not without reason.

Everyone is now claiming the moral high ground talking about "how terrible", how "unjustified" it was the way Shuaibu was "witch hunted" and eventually sacked back then. Yes it was all of those, and more.
But the Nigerian fans (including CE I am sure) also played a huge part in that moronic fiasco and the NFF simply solely carries the can today for making the final decision - as if it was against a tide of public opinion.
It wasn't. :idea:

From that same 2010 BBC report:
Quote:
"The Super Eagles boss was under intense pressure going into the African Cup of Nations in Angola, with calls from several quarters for him to be fired.

Despite guiding Nigeria to the semi-finals the team's style of play, his tactics and key decision-making were all questioned during the tournament."
Sound familiar?
I pointed this out several times in the recent past. The masses are restless again and are digging up the same puerile arguments we made over 10 years ago in sacking Amodu to now sack Rohr.

But wow....it goes back even further. 18 YEARS in fact! :rotf:
Quote:
Monday, 18 February, 2002, 18:24 GMT
Nigeria sack coach Shaibu
Amodu paid for a poor African Nations Cup campaign
Nigeria's World Cup plans have been thrown into disarray by the sacking of coach Shaibu Amodu.
Amodu paid the price for a disappointing African Nations Cup campaign in which the Super Eagles went out at the semi-final stage.

The tournament in Mali was followed by a huge public outcry in Nigeria for the team to be reorganised before the World Cup in Japan and South Korea.

Amodu, 42, only took charge of the side last April after Dutchman Jo Bonfrere was sacked in the middle of the country's World Cup qualifying campaign.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 828030.stm
Same reasons, same methods.
I remember questioning the wisdom at the time but once the fans get on their high horse, theres no 'go-come' again.

The only difference today is that the racial element has been introduced. The idea is to identity-shame those who resist sacking "white-skinned" Rohr for the same stupid reasons we sacked our own Amodu 10 and 20 years ago and to which we all now hold our hands up in horror. Really? :D

Like I said, there must be something wrong with our memory circuitry for us to keep recycling bad habits.

You can't make this ish up. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:56 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10570
Location: loughborough.
Damunk, it was an open secret the Egyptian coach (Hassan Shehata) was considered or approached to coach SE in WC South Africa, this was because Hassan Shehata, won three successive ANC.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10570
Location: loughborough.
Hassan shehata to coach nigeria during the WC

LULU AGAIN - Amodu Nigeria sacking down to public pressure


Lulu "Confessed"- Amodu was a Mistake! Kai!!!

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43444
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Damunk, it was an open secret the Egyptian coach (Hassan Shehata) was considered or approached to coach SE in WC South Africa, this was because Hassan Shehata, won three successive ANC.
Fabio, I only remembered the Shehata plan yesterday when I stumbled across the article.

And I only brought it up here for wanajo's benefit.

When wanajo was making his spurious case, he was asking why Nigeria had NEVER thought of approaching Shehata with all the success he'd achieved.
Good point, but wanajo was wrong. He probably forgot about it himself or he wouldn't have brought it up. :lol:
That's the only reason why I posted it.

You sef for help me out correct am nah, but you kept quiet.
I thought you had my back. :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot], Purity and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group