Iwobi v West Ham

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iwobi v West Ham

Post by airwolex »

Seems to be playing the 10 role and doing very well.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi v West Ham

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Hes good at picking out players which was lacking in the WC qualifier with Ghana.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

cruxifixoy2k wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:29 pm Hes good at picking out players which was lacking in the WC qualifier with Ghana.
He is an important player for us. We missed him sorely.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

What a sweet ball from Iwobi!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is Iwobi in a 4-3-3, at the top of a triangle in midfield, with the RCM in a box to box role and the #6 sitting
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what a freekick
West Ham go up against the run of play

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

See freekick. Why can't our boys strike the ball this well. West ham score
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:33 pm See freekick. Why can't our boys strike the ball this well. West ham score
It's called development. We must investment in football.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

fabio wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:48 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:33 pm See freekick. Why can't our boys strike the ball this well. West ham score
You mean self development. Take the ball out on a weekend to a park and hit 100 free kicks. Do that very weekend and they will improve.

Wha choo looking at?!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Iwobi don kill Everton oo!!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Iwobi don mess up o
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Iwobi gets he blame, but I'll rather look at Michael Keane

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Iwobi needs to come out o. He don begin panic.
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:23 pm Iwobi gets he blame, but I'll rather look at Michael Keane
100% Iwobi.
Who will be next?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:23 pm
txj wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:23 pm Iwobi gets he blame, but I'll rather look at Michael Keane
100% Iwobi.
Only if you understand the game in linear terms and I accept that everybody will credit it to Iwobi.

On the sequence of play, Keane has a clear passing lane to advance the ball to his left to Richarlison. Fe fails to take it. Under pressure, he essentially passes the buck, with a pass that is just slightly behind Alex.

He gets the blame, I understand, but I see it more than simply that...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: A

Another loser fighting relegation and being the cause of his team's problems:

1. caused the second goal

2. tackled his own man (Doucoure), which put Keane in a bad position and caused Keane to get a red card.

A LOSER!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Michael Keane, a fundamentally poor player, gets his 2nd yellow and Everton down a man...

This one's over...

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: A

2. tackled his own man (Doucoure), which put Keane in a bad position and caused Keane to get a red card.

A LOSER!
Suffrey now.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: A

A LOSER!

Completely disagree esp on #2

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:50 pm
fabio wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:48 pm
You mean self development. Take the ball out on a weekend to a park and hit 100 free kicks. Do that very weekend and they will improve.
Bros noooo! To think our boys don’t take free kicks after practice is absurd. Taking 100 free kicks will not change bad technique. Trust me, I played division 2 soccer in college here in the U.S and I didn’t know how to strike the ball due to bad form in Naija. Watch Beckham, Kronos or even James Madison and you will notice that they seem to bend their left leg in a similar way and they hit the ball with the left side of their right big toe which is completely different from what Ndidi and some of our players do. They just hit the ball with their front toe. The angle that you drag your drag you hitting leg matters too.

A freekick that is perfectly struck will leave a slight mark on the grass similarly to a divot if
you’ve played golf. I didn’t learn the art of striking the ball until after college while playing co-ed soccer and our coach corrected it for me.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:27 pm
100% Iwobi.
Only if you understand the game in linear terms and I accept that everybody will credit it to Iwobi.

On the sequence of play, Keane has a clear passing lane to advance the ball to his left to Richarlison. Fe fails to take it. Under pressure, he essentially passes the buck, with a pass that is just slightly behind Alex.

You try wayyyyyyy too hard. Iwobi was open. He was an option. He miscontroled the ball. You don't sound smart when you do these far fetched analysis meant to show you have a "deep knowledge" of the game. Please stop.
Who will be next?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm
100% Iwobi.

You try wayyyyyyy too hard. Iwobi was open. He was an option. He miscontroled the ball. You don't sound smart when you do these far fetched analysis meant to show you have a "deep knowledge" of the game. Please stop.

Its how you see the game. Its the extent of your understanding and its conventional. I understand your limitations as we have seen with Osimhen...

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:33 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm
100% Iwobi.

Its how you see the game. Its the extent of your understanding and its conventional. I understand your limitations as we have seen with Osimhen...
"No coach! It wasn't my fault I swear! It was Keane. He passed me the ball!" Lol. Ok, carry on.
Who will be next?