Very Good News: Rohr won't be sacked- Pinnick

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Very Good News: Rohr won't be sacked- Pinnick

Post by Molue Conductor »

Enugu II wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:Finally, some sanity
I think NOT terminating coach Rohr is the best option 'for now.' If this type of result repeats itself, then Rohr's termination will be more than justified
We dream of a new coach thinking about how much better things could be. And forgetting how much worse things could be
Molue Conductor,

If we are to be afraid of how worse it could be then we have no ambition to be successful. There is always risk involved in trying to be better. If you are seeking a risk-free environment, my brother, you will not find it except at the bottom of the cellar.
It is not that simple. To be successful in this case, you have to accept the risk of failure. As a fan there is no risk (besides emotional) so the decision is simple, as an administrator there is.
Eaglet
Re: Very Good News: Rohr won't be sacked- Pinnick

Post by Enugu II »

The administrators, all of them, are at risk if things do not improve. Nigerians have seen better. In this situation, it is worth taking a risk in order to seek improvement. They already took a risk in how players are recruited into the team. That very risk, although not yet successful, was worth taking because they sought improvement --- a hope to get to the WC semis. TBH, I would swing for a risk and not stand pat particularly when it appears that an opportunity presents itself.
Molue Conductor wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:Finally, some sanity
I think NOT terminating coach Rohr is the best option 'for now.' If this type of result repeats itself, then Rohr's termination will be more than justified
We dream of a new coach thinking about how much better things could be. And forgetting how much worse things could be
Molue Conductor,

If we are to be afraid of how worse it could be then we have no ambition to be successful. There is always risk involved in trying to be better. If you are seeking a risk-free environment, my brother, you will not find it except at the bottom of the cellar.
It is not that simple. To be successful in this case, you have to accept the risk of failure. As a fan there is no risk (besides emotional) so the decision is simple, as an administrator there is.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics