Iwobi playing wingback for Everton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Iwobi playing wingback for Everton

Post by waka-man »

:shock:
And so far doing quite well.
His crossing has come a long way.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi playing wingback for Everton

Post by Cally »

Alex is playing really well. His driving run just set up Everton's second goal. His crosses have been quite dangerous. Iwobi is quite underrated. The young man can play quite a number of positions, and has a high IQ that enhances his decision making.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He's playing very well, probably his best showing in an Everton shirt.
I am happy
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

How is that wingback? He is playing on the right side of Midfield in a 434 formation. He is having a good game, just wondering why he keeps hugging the touch line.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

gochino wrote:How is that wingback? He is playing on the right side of Midfield in a 434 formation. He is having a good game, just wondering why he keeps hugging the touch line.
Look again. Everton have 3 at the back.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

gochino wrote:How is that wingback? He is playing on the right side of Midfield in a 434 formation. He is having a good game, just wondering why he keeps hugging the touch line.
Unless you feel they are playing with 12 men (434)? With their dominance, it might seem that way
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Was wondering if I was blind. Meanwhile our ”supposed best winger” is yet to do zilch. Some of the forumers here smoke pot when watching football.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Really enjoying his game from the wingback position. Confidence seems to be flowing again bobo has been taking on and beating these Fulham guys with ease. A beautiful slalom from him lead to the second goal. But Fulham are quite useless sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

That's a 352 formation bro.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

okidoki wrote:
Was wondering if I was blind. Meanwhile our ”supposed best winger” is yet to do zilch. Some of the forumers here smoke pot when watching football.
Wetin Lookman do you? To me the more options we have the better, whether you disagree with others rating of him, he can still have something to offer SE if he joins up...hopefully he has a better second half because he was shut down quite easily in the first.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

That's a 352 formation bro.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

okidoki wrote:
I think it’s less about ability to see, more an ability to count :tic:

Digne and Iwobi are playing wingbacks.
Mina, Godfrey and Keane are the back three.
Decore and Allan in front of them
Then the front three of Calvert Lewin, Richardson and James.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

waka-man wrote:
okidoki wrote:

It's a 3-5-2.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

okidoki wrote:
waka-man wrote:
okidoki wrote:

It's a 3-5-2.
Fair. You can count James as part of the 5. He’s playing that deep.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Fulham is going down if they don't bring in new players during winter break. The Nigerians are doing great, but they need help.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

waka-man wrote:
okidoki wrote:
waka-man wrote:
okidoki wrote:

It's a 3-5-2.
Fair. You can count James as part of the 5. He’s playing that deep.
Meant 343...Most sites describe it as a 343 formation and it looks it to me...I really like Aina's game! reminds me of Marcelo from Madrid, Rohr is too conservative to appreciate Aina.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Positives for SE from this game...Iwobi was superb at that Wingback position on both sides of the ball, Aina had one of his best all around games all season. I had given up on him being good defensively but this game showed he can do it if he concentrates and works hard on it. Lookman seems might be a confidence player he was poor for most of the game but woke up to provide a nice assist. I still think he would be an asset for SE if we can get him. Adarabioyo is also coming along improving steadily and getting steady minutes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

When Iwobi scored 2 goals in the first half vs Saro I knew immediately after his 2nd goal that there was something not right about the game. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:When Iwobi scored 2 goals in the first half vs Saro I knew immediately after his 2nd goal that there was something not right about the game. :laugh:
:rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Match of the Day2 confirmed that Iwobi played as a wing-back.
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:When Iwobi scored 2 goals in the first half vs Saro I knew immediately after his 2nd goal that there was something not right about the game. :laugh:
:rotf:
:lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Match of the Day2 confirmed that Iwobi played as a wing-back.
Haba was this a question? Even Iwobi let everyone know what’s up

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH5aw05gVaC ... 518x9lqw5k
Super Eagus 4 Life!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:Match of the Day2 confirmed that Iwobi played as a wing-back.
Haba was this a question? Even Iwobi let everyone know what’s up

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH5aw05gVaC ... 518x9lqw5k
Okidoiki and Gochino were a bit confused. I think it was a math problem as they were actually watching the same game.