CHUKWU : WHAT HE SAID AT HALF TIME!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

correct dunce. the mugu is talking about market-value. he had a go at them my #$%! how can you have a go at players when they know that you dont know shaaait?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

hmmm..... tory get k-leg ooo.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

what the hell is he talking about market value in that piece? The guy needs to find other ways to motivate the team..my goodness I can't believe my eyes at everything this coach has said and done. where is Robson when you need him?
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

was it CCC or Egu that was talking about market value ? Looked like it was Egu
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

"he did not mince words by telling them they were letting themselves down as they were not playing up to what they were playing fro thier various clubs"
well thats why u open a camp and asses each players preformance...not watch TV and make a list of 22 based on club preformance. what did he expect after some got VIP status to go and ocme as they please..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Jimi wrote:what the hell is he talking about market value in that piece? The guy needs to find other ways to motivate the team..my goodness I can't believe my eyes at everything this coach has said and done. where is Robson when you need him?

First of all, we do not need Robson. If Nigeria needs a coach we are well worth getting a major coach and not a minor league one.
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

he no punch somebody?
I dont believe Chukwu could blast anybody. How come he allowed that slender Kanu to intimidate him and get a midfield jersey? yeye man
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

if u have ever been in the dressing room of a local game or listened to most of the local coaches dishing out instructions,u will weep for nigerian football.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Some of our brothers obviously have trouble comprehending what they read.

NONE of the coaches (neither Chukwu nor Eguavoen) spoke to the players about their so-called market value. It was merely mentioned by Eguavoen in a post-match discussion to the KickOff Nigeria reporter.

Nevertheless, the only useful comment from the report was the mea culpa from Chukwu's that "....there are NO EXCUSES"!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Couldn't CCC have a tactical discussion with the team rather than berate them?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Its a Goal wrote:Couldn't CCC have a tactical discussion with the team rather than berate them?
He doesnt know what tactics are
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

platinum, I guess because they don't dish out instructions the way OYIBOS do (or with Oyibo accent), that's why you'll 'weep for Nigerian football'. Did you also weep after ENYIMBA won the Champions league? Remember the local coach also dished out instructions to the players at half-time there.

Take your generalized bullshhit analysis of our Nigerian coaches to less informed forums please.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Its a Goal wrote:Couldn't CCC have a tactical discussion with the team rather than berate them?
Nna IAG, you just took the words out of my mouth. Instead of blasting....you only have 15 minutes at the interval, he used that for blasting his players?? Infact I have come to a conclusion that this CCC guy is whacked!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

I don't blame Chukwu for what he said.

Is there anyone here that can seriously claim that the players played with the same level of commitment they normally show for their clubs?

JJ who runs all over the pitch like a lunatic for Bolton, but suddenly turned BIG MAN in Eagles jersey typified the attitude of majority of the players.

CHUKWU WAS RIGHT IN CONDEMMING THEM.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

Gotti

Post by Gotti »

omonaija wrote:
Nna IAG, you just took the words out of my mouth. Instead of blasting....you only have 15 minutes at the interval, he used that for blasting his players?? Infact I have come to a conclusion that this CCC guy is whacked!
IAG (& OMONAIJA):
...and why do you apparently believe that both (ie, chewing out players and discussing tactics) is mutually exclusive?! Let me guess: because it was not reported on the Internet! Folks, there is LIFE and REALITY outside of the WorldWideWeb!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Look I am not going to seat here and pretend Chukwu is a good coach, but what happened on that field had little to do with tactics, it had more to do with personalities and cohesion.

It at times seemed as if some of those guys didn't even know each others names the way they played, everyone seemed to be in a different ball game. Look Chukwu IMO had 2 choices take the kids in camp who practiced togetherand not even worry about the so called big boys who couldn't make it to camp or go with the big names and play chemistryless football in the first round and hope to squeak thru.

I can bet you 99% of Nigerians would have the practiceless Yobo's, babayaro's and Okocha's, than some mildly cohesive youngins. And that is what he did

So my people make una stop to dey mouth off on CCC and hope his choice works in the end.
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Why won't they be non-challant when they saunter into camp 3 days to a tourney and pick starting shirts at the expesne of deserving players;

But anyways, no matter how "challant" they could have been, it wouldn't have prevented that weak midfield from being overrun.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

spastic wrote:Look I am not going to seat here and pretend Chukwu is a good coach, but what happened on that field had little to do with tactics, it had more to do with personalities and cohesion.

It at times seemed as if some of those guys didn't even know each others names the way they played, everyone seemed to be in a different ball game. Look Chukwu IMO had 2 choices take the kids in camp who practiced togetherand not even worry about the so called big boys who couldn't make it to camp or go with the big names and play chemistryless football in the first round and hope to squeak thru.

I can bet you 99% of Nigerians would have the practiceless Yobo's, babayaro's and Okocha's, than some mildly cohesive youngins. And that is what he did

So my people make una stop to dey mouth off on CCC and hope his choice works in the end.
Spastic, that is the difference between a coach and a fan; the tuff decisons you make.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Ahh tuff decision all right but considering the amount of time, the youngins got training together, they would have probably lost 2
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ROSSIKE, I don't know what more you expected of this team. They could only play to their strenght, and to a large degree, the opponent's weakness. All the players gave the match their best shot however when you are placed in an impossible position, how do you expect to succeed? Most of the guys were playing out of position or were given too much to do since there was not any help forth coming.

For starters, playing 4 strikers is disaster. Is it the players fault that they have 4 strikers on the pitch which left the midfield bare? Who picked the 4 strikers? Second, Okoronkwo was not match fit due to lack of 1st team action. Did CCC help him out by adding extra personnel to the defence? Utaka is a striker but today he was made to play the wings. Is it his fault that he could not pull away from his defenders and lob balls into the 18 yard box for JAg to score?

Face it, CCC made a big blunder today, but telling the players that it was their fault for not putting 150% effort is definately the wrong thing to do.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

ChristianNo1
Egg
Egg

Post by ChristianNo1 »

It seems as if CCC does not know his responsibility as a coach. What was the purpose of blasting the team during the halftime intermission. He was supposed to be analysing the weakness of the opponents and the means by which they can be defeated with his team. He should also have seen tactical errors he had made and adjust the team technically to have better control of the match in order to win. A good coach would know that Kanu had no business to play in that match. He could have used a hardworking left -midfielder to replace him at the beginning of the second half to cover the SE weakside.
"The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." --Proverbs 28:1
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Gotti, judging by the accounts of Eguavon in his interview with KON, it is clear CCC was mad at his players and wanted them to play harder and not necesserilly better. How? There was nothing in the interview that indicated CCC presented them with a different tactical option, neither was it evident on the field when they went in for the 2nd half.

Football is more of tactics and less of talent. If talent alone wins tournament, we would have won the ANC times without number. CCC could not think of a way to change things around until Ikedia came on and moved to the RW to take over from Utaka. That was the only sane tactical decision he made all day.