Bartholomew Ogbeche

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Bartholomew Ogbeche

Post by The Eagle »

So I see this news story about Barto Ogbeche transferring from Kerala Blasters to Mumbai City FC, both in the Indian League .... some eighteen years after featuring for the Eagles at the 2002 World Cup. Of course I have to look for video highlights. I couldn't find any from his new club Mumbai (they probably haven't started the season), but here are some clips of Ogbeche in action for Kerala in the recently concluded season.

So, the league seems to have 11 teams, with a 20-match regular season, during which Ogbeche played 16, scored 15, with 1 assist, albeit as his team's designated penalty taker. Should we cap him before India does .... or Kenya convinces him to naturalize? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVX8wUWY2JM[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bartholomew Ogbeche

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Some said he was an age cheat when he played for SE at the WC but here we 18rs later he's still a pro player in great shape. He literally looks the same as he did back then and just as quick. Very happy for him that he's still making a living as a player. He must have the longest active streak ever of all Nigerians players, can't think of a Nigerian that lasted 18yrs as a footballer.

This guy played for SE 3yrs before Mikel's 2005 wc and I think 4yrs same time Vince went to the wc. He's still playing!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Back then, Ogbeche was a good one. He played with Oga (JJ) in the same club, I forgot the name of the club, though.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

No way this is the same Ogbeche :shock: :shock: No farking way!! :shock:

Wha choo looking at?!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Odas wrote:Back then, Ogbeche was a good one. He played with Oga (JJ) in the same club, I forgot the name of the club, though.

PSG!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:Back then, Ogbeche was a good one. He played with Oga (JJ) in the same club, I forgot the name of the club, though.
:shock:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote:No way this is the same Ogbeche :shock: :shock: No farking way!! :shock:
E do you like film trick? :)

Think back to all the names and personalities from eighteen years ago .... from Mali'02 and Jap-Kor'02. So much has happened, it seems like so long ago. I enjoyed watching the clip of Ogbeche, still fit, still active, enjoying his football and earning cash. More power to him. I feel he could be making rupees for another four or five years.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

doctorollie wrote:

PSG!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I will take him over the basketball player that **** is in love with.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Amazing stuff!

Go Bartho go. Shame there was no bicycle kick amongst his goals :tic:

PS: Theres a black Messi up top alongside Bartho...?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The Eagle wrote:So I see this news story about Barto Ogbeche transferring from Kerala Blasters to Mumbai City FC, both in the Indian League .... some eighteen years after featuring for the Eagles at the 2002 World Cup. Of course I have to look for video highlights. I couldn't find any from his new club Mumbai (they probably haven't started the season), but here are some clips of Ogbeche in action for Kerala in the recently concluded season.

So, the league seems to have 11 teams, with a 20-match regular season, during which Ogbeche played 16, scored 15, with 1 assist, albeit as his team's designated penalty taker. Should we cap him before India does .... or Kenya convinces him to naturalize? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVX8wUWY2JM[/video]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

The Eagle wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:No way this is the same Ogbeche :shock: :shock: No farking way!! :shock:

Think back to all the names and personalities from eighteen years ago .... from Mali'02 and Jap-Kor'02. So much has happened, it seems like so long ago. I enjoyed watching the clip of Ogbeche, still fit, still active, enjoying his football and earning cash. More power to him. I feel he could be making rupees for another four or five years.

I think someone here on the CE stated back then that he knew him from secondary school....if that was to be believed, then Bart should be mid 40's by now.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Wow I noticed a huge poster-flag of his that the crowd here holding. Amazing how he's been underneath the radar all this while.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Playing in the low level Indian league at age "36" doesn't prove he used his real age. I don't know whether he did. I do feel like he was rushed into the SE. Agali and Yak in my opinion were more ready for the world cup, but were unfairly pushed out of the 2002 squad.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

I think someone here on the CE stated back then that he knew him from secondary school....if that was to be believed, then Bart should be mid 40's by now.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I think the guy was claiming he was closer to 40s then so he should be in his 50s now :wink: :woot:

Good stuff though, bobo was always underrated, I remember I found clips from his PSG days and was like wow he actually was a baller.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

damn impressive
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Unbelievable. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Impressive.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Ogbeche attended FGC Okigwe.. Class of 1996 or 1997 i think..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Purity wrote:Ogbeche attended FGC Okigwe.. Class of 1996 or 1997 i think..
Class of 94 i think.

A friend of Mine was in JSS1 (1994) when Ogbeche was in SS3.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Celebrity wrote:
Class of 94 i think.

All this thinking and guessing na wa :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Celebrity wrote:
Class of 94 i think.

where does that put him in terms of age? ~ 40? Where does that place his age as at the 2002 WC? ~ 22?

Not questioning your friend o...just asking.
AFCON 2019 sweet o