Bartholomew Ogbeche

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bartholomew Ogbeche

Post by Enugu II »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Celebrity wrote:
Purity wrote:Ogbeche attended FGC Okigwe.. Class of 1996 or 1997 i think..
Class of 94 i think.

A friend of Mine was in JSS1 (1994) when Ogbeche was in SS3.

where does that put him in terms of age? ~ 40? Where does that place his age as at the 2002 WC? ~ 22?

Not questioning your friend o...just asking.
Dis Ogbunigwe sef? Naa waAa oooo! You dis man :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Interview from 2019 before he joined Kerala .... talks about his early career, says he is thankful to have lived his dream, and to still be living his dream. Says he was proud to play alongside heroes of his like Okocha, Kanu and Taribo. He does not mention being a former schoolmate of someone from Cybereagles, but that might be because the interviewer didn't ask him if he was. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGqbAzAyNcs[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Showboy wrote:Amazing stuff!

Go Bartho go. Shame there was no bicycle kick amongst his goals :tic:

PS: Theres a black Messi up top alongside Bartho...?
Raphael Eric Messi Bouli .... played for the home-based Cameroun Lions in the African Nations Championship. Spent most of his career in China and India.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:Back then, Ogbeche was a good one. He played with Oga (JJ) in the same club, I forgot the name of the club, though.
:shock:
Hey bros, na wetin? As I was writing, the name of the club he played with Oga deserted me, so ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Celebrity wrote:
Class of 94 i think.

where does that put him in terms of age? ~ 40? Where does that place his age as at the 2002 WC? ~ 22?

but seriously, if the guy is scoring on the moon at age 40, it is highly commendable.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

The Eagle wrote:
Showboy wrote:Amazing stuff!

Go Bartho go. Shame there was no bicycle kick amongst his goals :tic:

PS: Theres a black Messi up top alongside Bartho...?
Raphael Eric Messi Bouli .... played for the home-based Cameroun Lions in the African Nations Championship. Spent most of his career in China and India.
Thanks.

Only a plantainian will claim name like that and be playing in China and India :tic:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

olu wrote:Playing in the low level Indian league at age "36" doesn't prove he used his real age. I don't know whether he did. I do feel like he was rushed into the SE. Agali and Yak in my opinion were more ready for the world cup, but were unfairly pushed out of the 2002 squad.
But if he didn’t play in that squad he probably wouldn’t have played for them at all,Nigeria changes managers regularly and he didn’t last in a major European league so it’s good that he took his chances when he did.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Celebrity wrote:
Class of 94 i think.

but seriously, if the guy is scoring on the moon at age 40, it is highly commendable.
Celebrity is very accurate in the info. He definitely went Federal Government College Okigwe and was in SS3 around that time. My neighbour where we lived in Aba in the 90's also went to FGC Okigwe and Ogbeche was his senior in class. We moved into that estate in 1994 then my neighbour was in JSS3. My neighbour was born in 1981.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Celebrity wrote:
Class of 94 i think.

Dude he is scoring in the Indian league that has less than ten clubs :dream: kini big deal?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Celebrity wrote:
Class of 94 i think.

Dude he is scoring in the Indian league that has less than ten clubs :dream: kini big deal?
He was just playing and scoring in the Dutch League a couple of seasons ago, they are saying he's mid 40's now, so that is a big deal. He must be a super-human...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!