My Take: As NFF Forces Rohr to Choose Key Assistant....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My Take: As NFF Forces Rohr to Choose Key Assistant....

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:In my view, what will save Rohr in keeping his Manager position of the SE is simply to win the next AFCON. That much is now clear with the agreement reached between the Sports Minister and the NFF. The fact that the NFF has agreed to hire an experienced Assistant in place of Joseph Yobo is, in my view, planning for the future.

Rohr, from what I have read, understands this even though the NFF/Ministry tried to get one over him. The NFF offered Salisu Yusuf or Amuneke as replacement for Yobo in the First Assistant position. Ofcourse, the excuse is that Yobo is inexperienced. Why does this matter? If Rohr is fired then the Assistant takes over. The Ministry is certainly not comfortable with Yobo being in position to take over. Although, in my view, you really do not need the current Assistant to take over. You can simply plug in the NFF Technical Adviser, Augustine Eguavoen.

In any case, to shore up the position of a capable interim replacement for Rohr, there is need to have an experienced fella. This is likely why the Ministry forced the NFF to agree to hire an experienced Assistant. However, Rohr simply has been cited as refusing Amuneke to be that Assistant. Makes sense. Amuneke already was Tanzania Manager =and is unlikely to be 100% loyal to Rohr. Thus, why not go back to Salisu? This is why I am not surprised that Rohr has been reported as preferring Salisu.

Just my take.
There is so much to unpack here, but I have energy for only two things here:

Why are we skipping around the white man and continuing to replace and fire the black ones around him? Why are we refusing to accept that the head of the fish is rotten and accusing the tail? LOL. you guys just do not want to accept the truth abi?? :rotf: I am advising you guys, but you guys dont want to let go of your white master? You guys will do anything to protect him! o me se o!

LOL @ Salisu, a stone cold criminal! A thief caught on video is the thief "we should go back to!" And people wonder why Nigerians are criminals, when crime pays in that country. In a sane country, Salisu will be a shame and his name will not be mentioned anywhere except from the back room of a prison.
Whether Salisu gets the job or not, I don't really care but he's not a stone cold criminal!
In Nigerian parlance, he thought he was being dashed money and the two players involved were super regulars in his squad and didn't need a bribe to include them in his CHAN squad.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Merci. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The Sierra Leone coach is not far from the truth. Ekong is currently sitting on the bench for the 2nd consecutive game for Watford. Why Balogun and Akpoguma cannot be paired by Rohr is beyond me!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:It is on recent record that Amuneke:
1. Didn't want and wouldn't take the SE job, if offered
2. Rejected the Technical Adviser offer.

People are simply conjuring up their own magical narratives according to their sentiments.
The truth is probably nothing like what we are reading on CE.
Damunk,

Amuneke has never received an offer for the SE job. I bet he will take it if offered. What he has rejected is being either NFF TA or being an assistant to Rohr. Those are different positions. TBH, Amuneke is playing it smart. He believes being an assistant to Rohr is belittling. If he cannot be offered the main gig, he won't be biting on just any offer.

However, there are reports that he s being mentioned now as assistant to Rohr and the only way he will take that gig is if he has a firm offer that he will take over if Rohr does not win the AFCON.
Prof, there was an interview he gave, maybe last year or just before lockdown when he stated he wasnt interested in the jon of SE coach.
Maybe he was just being diplomatic and professional, or maybe he actually meant what he said, but he categorically stated he wasnt interested at that point in time.
I believe it was when there was intense speculation (as there is now) that Rohr's contract was not going to be renewed.

I've always been a great fan of Amuneke, so I follow his words and actions quite closely. (Notice I am one of the few that spell his name correctly, ever since he told the world the correct spelling some years ago. :D :D :D )

I will try and find the article.
I don't think it was a video, but I may be wrong. :idea:
Damunk,

He has never been offered the job yet. He may well posture in the media, that means very little. The fact is that Amuneke has basically been preparing for such a job and I will be shocked if he rejects one that is genuinely offered. Note that he was assistant at the U17 level and refused to remain assistant the next time around and was promptly offered the main job.

He is a guy that is upwardly mobile. When he could not be moved up after winning the WYC at U17 level, he left to coach Tanzania. Now, he won't take an Assistant of SE after such a job. It is either #1 at the SE or nothing. Bet on that. He will only accept being assistant to Rohr if (Not even sure of this, frankly) he is fully assured that there is imminent opportunity to replace Rohr. He does not believe that Rohr is better than he is and frankly he has a point.
I agree he probably has never been formally offered the job, but he was asked by the media.
In the interview, he actually praised Rohr (which he didn't have to do) and also said he was NOT interested (which he could have simply modified to say "if or when my country calls upon me, then...") but he didn't.

My point is, everything being said about him is PURE speculation.
As has been proven countless times in the past, very few know actual the truth and we are usually very far off from that truth.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:In my view, what will save Rohr in keeping his Manager position of the SE is simply to win the next AFCON. That much is now clear with the agreement reached between the Sports Minister and the NFF. The fact that the NFF has agreed to hire an experienced Assistant in place of Joseph Yobo is, in my view, planning for the future.

Rohr, from what I have read, understands this even though the NFF/Ministry tried to get one over him. The NFF offered Salisu Yusuf or Amuneke as replacement for Yobo in the First Assistant position. Ofcourse, the excuse is that Yobo is inexperienced. Why does this matter? If Rohr is fired then the Assistant takes over. The Ministry is certainly not comfortable with Yobo being in position to take over. Although, in my view, you really do not need the current Assistant to take over. You can simply plug in the NFF Technical Adviser, Augustine Eguavoen.

In any case, to shore up the position of a capable interim replacement for Rohr, there is need to have an experienced fella. This is likely why the Ministry forced the NFF to agree to hire an experienced Assistant. However, Rohr simply has been cited as refusing Amuneke to be that Assistant. Makes sense. Amuneke already was Tanzania Manager =and is unlikely to be 100% loyal to Rohr. Thus, why not go back to Salisu? This is why I am not surprised that Rohr has been reported as preferring Salisu.

Just my take.

Why are we skipping around the white man and continuing to replace and fire the black ones around him? Why are we refusing to accept that the head of the fish is rotten and accusing the tail? LOL. you guys just do not want to accept the truth abi?? :rotf: I am advising you guys, but you guys dont want to let go of your white master? You guys will do anything to protect him! o me se o!

LOL @ Salisu, a stone cold criminal! A thief caught on video is the thief "we should go back to!" And people wonder why Nigerians are criminals, when crime pays in that country. In a sane country, Salisu will be a shame and his name will not be mentioned anywhere except from the back room of a prison.
Whether Salisu gets the job or not, I don't really care but he's not a stone cold criminal!
In Nigerian parlance, he thought he was being dashed money and the two players involved were super regulars in his squad and didn't need a bribe to include them in his CHAN squad.
Hmmm, Dammy.
You DO know that in any serious country, what you have said is NO defence.
Basically, what you are demonstrating here is the typical Nigerian tolerance/acceptance of corruption.
"Omi eko, eko ni." ('Pap water and pap, na di same ting') :idea:

DD is right in that Salisu's career would basically be over in most other advanced countries.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Just my take.

danfo driver,

Your general take on replacing the coach is shared by many who have the power to do so or at least the influence to do so. However, it will be reckless given Rohr's current contract. It is that contract that is keeping Rohr's job NOW. For Rohr to remain in that position, after the expiration of his current contract, he must now win the AFCON or be in the final and make a strong argument for his continued stay. Bar those occurrences, he is frankly on his last contract with the SE.
Prof, since you are so convinced that Rohr doesn't deserve to continue on the job if not for contractual obligations, could you make a good case for his dismissal - preferably in bullet points - becos I don't really get what this 'strong' case is.
Maybe if we see it sha.

There is too much distracting noise coming from The Usual Suspects, spoiling your hand.
All this talk about 'white skin' is juvenile silliness incorporated. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hear a more rational case presentation as to why he must go - the kind you would make on one of your many TV appearances.
As you know, nothing better to focus the mind and sharpen your presentation than being on TV in front of millions.

The Usual CE Suspects would be laughed out of the building if anybody made the mistake of inviting them on TV. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Damunk,

But I do not expert you to get the strong case given that you seem to have pitched your camp with Rohr without being willing to listen to reason or arguments that have been reasonably used in the past for hiring or dismissing coaches. You point to winning records when in fact Nigeria has always made decisions on hiring or firing coaches based on trophy wins. In essence, a new set of indices has to be developed for Rohr alone.

If you look beyond that, the case is quite clear. The only reason Rohr cannot be objectively fired at the moment is the simple fact that he remains on track to achieve what should keep him on the job -- i.e. opportunity to win the AFCON. Let us assume Rohr wins all possible games before him now and until the AFON quarter-finals ands then loses. Then he fails in the opening round of the World Cup (assume Nigeria gets there) in Qatar. He WILL BE FIRED.

Why Should he be fired?

1. Nigeria seeks to win trophies in the continent and seeks to I,prove its World Cup records. Those are the baselines for judging a successful Nigerian coach. That is what the NFF works with.

2. The baselines are currently: a. Winning the AFCON, and b. Reaching Final 16 of the World Cup.

3. The belief is that Nigeria can do better. The belief is that the type of players being selected for the SE, at the moment, gives Nigeria the opportunity to go [past those baselines. At least the NFF President has sold that to the Nigerian public. He proved his belief with what he did for Delta State Athletics by focusing on foreign based Deltans in dominating the Nigerian National Sports Festival until the use of such athletes was banned. He seeks to replicate that belief with the SE.

4. Therefore, he as well as Nigerians expect that the current baselines of winning the AFCON can be replicated and surpassing the Final 16 of the WC is possible.

5. If Rohr cannot achieve those, he will be let go.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Just my take.

danfo driver,

Your general take on replacing the coach is shared by many who have the power to do so or at least the influence to do so. However, it will be reckless given Rohr's current contract. It is that contract that is keeping Rohr's job NOW. For Rohr to remain in that position, after the expiration of his current contract, he must now win the AFCON or be in the final and make a strong argument for his continued stay. Bar those occurrences, he is frankly on his last contract with the SE.
Prof, since you are so convinced that Rohr doesn't deserve to continue on the job if not for contractual obligations, could you make a good case for his dismissal - preferably in bullet points - becos I don't really get what this 'strong' case is.
Maybe if we see it sha.

There is too much distracting noise coming from The Usual Suspects, spoiling your hand.
All this talk about 'white skin' is juvenile silliness incorporated. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hear a more rational case presentation as to why he must go - the kind you would make on one of your many TV appearances.
As you know, nothing better to focus the mind and sharpen your presentation than being on TV in front of millions.

The Usual CE Suspects would be laughed out of the building if anybody made the mistake of inviting them on TV. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Damunk,

But I do not expert you to get the strong case given that you seem to have pitched your camp with Rohr without being willing to listen to reason or arguments that have been reasonably used in the past for hiring or dismissing coaches.

You point to winning records when in fact Nigeria has always made decisions on hiring or firing coaches based on trophy wins. In essence, a new set of indices has to be developed for Rohr alone..
Prof, with all due respect, you cannot use the reasons for firing our (local) coaches in the past as a reason to fire a coach TODAY when we all agree that the way we fired caches in the past was extremely unwise, unfair and counterproductive.
WE ALL AGREE ON THAT.

Prof, if you are not aware that this has always been my position and the position of many others, then you have not really been following the argument, or worse, you are seeing only what you choose to see.
Are you even aware that I was against the treatment of Keshi to the point I was referred to as one of the 'Keshi shriners' (or whatever they called us). I also felt the dismissal of Siasia was premature. I was silent on Oliseh even though I felt his man-management was terrible for the team.

"Pitching my tent" with Rohr is not blind loyalty. I could equally accuse you of pitching your tent with the 'Fire Rohr' camp and therefore accuse you of not being willing to listen to reasons for retaining him.
It seems you sincerely believe that the argument for sacking him now (not in the future) is stronger than the argument for retaining him.
If I am wrong, please correct me.

If you look beyond that, the case is quite clear. The only reason Rohr cannot be objectively fired at the moment is the simple fact that he remains on track to achieve what should keep him on the job -- i.e. opportunity to win the AFCON.
If that is the case, then why all this chat about firing him? That is the only question that seems to have gone unanswered.
Let us assume Rohr wins all possible games before him now and until the AFON quarter-finals ands then loses. Then he fails in the opening round of the World Cup (assume Nigeria gets there) in Qatar. He WILL BE FIRED.
But Prof, that will not really be a bone of contention should it happen as you say. The argument against it will be weak. The issue is NOW.
What is the argument for firing him NOW?
Why Should he be fired?
Now or in the future?
They are two different arguments which for some reason, the anti-Rohr squadies have cleverly merged into one. :D
1. Nigeria seeks to win trophies in the continent and seeks to I,prove its World Cup records. Those are the baselines for judging a successful Nigerian coach. That is what the NFF works with.

2. The baselines are currently: a. Winning the AFCON, and b. Reaching Final 16 of the World Cup.

3. The belief is that Nigeria can do better. The belief is that the type of players being selected for the SE, at the moment, gives Nigeria the opportunity to go [past those baselines. At least the NFF President has sold that to the Nigerian public. He proved his belief with what he did for Delta State Athletics by focusing on foreign based Deltans in dominating the Nigerian National Sports Festival until the use of such athletes was banned. He seeks to replicate that belief with the SE.

4. Therefore, he as well as Nigerians expect that the current baselines of winning the AFCON can be replicated and surpassing the Final 16 of the WC is possible.

5. If Rohr cannot achieve those, he will be let go
Prof, you dey dodge o.
All this is about the future which isn't really being contested should he fail.

Again, my question concerns all this backchat about sacking him NOW.

You have said he is on track.
So why are people intent on destabilising the team with talk about getting rid of him now?

i recognise you only speak for yourself, but truth be told, you are clearly on their side from the tone of your posts. So maybe you might have an insight into their thinking?

You haven't really categorically stated anything AGAINST getting rid of him before he actually fails his given goals - which is what the ARSes are loudly chanting NOW. :rotf:

I have pitched my tent with Rohr in all this because right now, there is not a credible case for firing him.
Is as simple as that and the records (which are now taboo) are there for all to see.

At this rate, we would have sacked Westerhoff long before he ever got near the AFCON gold. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Just my take.

danfo driver,

Uncle, this is where I disagree with you. I am in the business of risk-taking and I know a fantastic educated risk when I see one.

If there is one thing I know in football, it is how to analyze a coach. We are going to throw away years and money on this one. Trust me on this. Years from now, like Belgium will as well, we will look back and ruefully regret our inaction.

Honest talk and I know we all take sides here--some supporting and others rejecting. But with an honest heart, the man is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen in my life. Anyway, we have no authority here, so what can we do other than to watch the wreck and feel the pain when the time comes.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Just my take.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please stop it! Just stop it! You Nigerians bow down for your government officials who are all thieves! You lie down for your pastors who are all criminals and philanderers. And now you are telling me about "dashing money!" I would say 'please dont insult my intelligence," but I am not even going to waste my time. I am a Nigerian, I know how this works. I know what you are doing and I saw the video with my own eyes! I dont need you to analyze it for me.

Salisu is a stone-cold thief who has no shame! A criminal of the highest order! If he is named on the coaching crew, i will mount a serious twitter campaign against him, sharing that video every single hour of every day and copy FIFA, CAF! I will make sure the whole world is reminded that he is a focking criminal! You guys can try to "cover for your brother," but enough! Nigeria's name has been sullied enough!

Imagine??? "dash money" .. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kaiii!!! because you want to "cover for your brother!" what a shame! Tufia!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
WE ALL AGREE ON THAT.

Prof, if you are not aware that this has always been my position and the position of many others, then you have not really been following the argument, or worse, you are seeing only what you choose to see.
Are you even aware that I was against the treatment of Keshi to the point I was referred to as one of the 'Keshi shriners' (or whatever they called us). I also felt the dismissal of Siasia was premature. I was silent on Oliseh even though I felt his man-management was terrible for the team.

"Pitching my tent" with Rohr is not blind loyalty. I could equally accuse you of pitching your tent with the 'Fire Rohr' camp and therefore accuse you of not being willing to listen to reasons for retaining him.
It seems you sincerely believe that the argument for sacking him now (not in the future) is stronger than the argument for retaining him.
The point of disagreement is not that you believe he is on track. I am with you there. The point of disagreement is you suddenly trotting winning record as the basis of firing a coach. That is specifically the point of disagreement. The basis of firing a coach has been and will always be about trophies or in the case of the World Cup going at least as far as Round of 16 in the case of Nigeria.... But bear in mind that this baseline has somewhat changed given the new move to draft players who supposedly have being properly bred on football. Amaju has sold this idea. Thus, we have to up the expectation. If they can only do what Nigeria previously did, what then was the advantage of being sold this new HURRAY?
If you look beyond that, the case is quite clear. The only reason Rohr cannot be objectively fired at the moment is the simple fact that he remains on track to achieve what should keep him on the job -- i.e. opportunity to win the AFCON.
If that is the case, then why all this chat about firing him? That is the only question that seems to have gone unanswered.
The chat is there because he has been there for several years now and has not matched let alone bettered the records he was hired to better and that has been promised will the recruitment of overseas-born Nigerians. People simply feel that he is not the one to get the SE to their dreams. It is a dream promised if only the overseas-born player were recruited. The players have been recruited. The poorl y'football-educated' locals have been largely left behind. Yet nothing much has been achieved in terms of trophies. That is the angst.
Let us assume Rohr wins all possible games before him now and until the AFON quarter-finals ands then loses. Then he fails in the opening round of the World Cup (assume Nigeria gets there) in Qatar. He WILL BE FIRED.
But Prof, that will not really be a bone of contention should it happen as you say. The argument against it will be weak. The issue is NOW.
See the above. It is all about failed expectations so far.
Why Should he be fired?
Now or in the future?
They are two different arguments which for some reason, the anti-Rohr squadies have cleverly merged into one. :D

Prof, you dey dodge o.

See above already. It is about expectations and about the lack of delivery.
So why are people intent on destabilising the team with talk about getting rid of him now?

i recognise you only speak for yourself, but truth be told, you are clearly on their side from the tone of your posts. So maybe you might have an insight into their thinking?

You haven't really categorically stated anything AGAINST getting rid of him before he actually fails his given goals - which is what the ARSes are loudly chanting NOW. :rotf:

I have pitched my tent with Rohr in all this because right now, there is not a credible case for firing him.
Is as simple as that and the records (which are now taboo) are there for all to see.

At this rate, we would have sacked Westerhoff long before he ever got near the AFCON gold. :idea:
Sure. He is on travk yet again. This time there is unlikely to be reprieve. He had one already and it was like pulling teeth to get a contract renewal. That will not be the case next time.

I HOPE YOU NOTE THE NUANCE ABOVE. NOTE THE THE CHANGE OF STRATEGY/FOCUS THAST HINGED ON A GREATER NIGERIA PROMISE. NOTE THE FAILURE TO DELIVER THE PROMISE> NOTE HOW THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE PROMISE OF THE PRE-ROHR ERA. THOSE OUGHT TO EXPLAIN THE FRUSTRATION> I JUST HOPE IT EXPLAINS IT. THIS ISN't AMODU USING THE 'POORLY FOOTBALL EDUCATED' LOCALS. IS IT?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Just my take.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please stop it! Just stop it! You Nigerians bow down for your government officials who are all thieves! You lie down for your pastors who are all criminals and philanderers. And now you are telling me about "dashing money!" I would say 'please dont insult my intelligence," but I am not even going to waste my time. I am a Nigerian, I know how this works. I know what you are doing and I saw the video with my own eyes! I dont need you to analyze it for me.

Salisu is a stone-cold thief who has no shame! A criminal of the highest order! If he is named on the coaching crew, i will mount a serious twitter campaign against him, sharing that video every single hour of every day and copy FIFA, CAF! I will make sure the whole world is reminded that he is a focking criminal! You guys can try to "cover for your brother," but enough! Nigeria's name has been sullied enough!

Imagine??? "dash money" .. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kaiii!!! because you want to "cover for your brother!" what a shame! Tufia!
I don't know Salisu neither have I ever met him, so the "brother" thing is in your head. If it's possible to locate my comments when this scandal first came to light, it was very damning of Salisu and I was against his re-engagement.
It's not in your best interest to burst a vein over this matter o!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Just my take.

danfo driver,

Maybe if we see it sha.

Damunk,

But I do not expert you to get the strong case given that you seem to have pitched your camp with Rohr without being willing to listen to reason or arguments that have been reasonably used in the past for hiring or dismissing coaches.

You point to winning records when in fact Nigeria has always made decisions on hiring or firing coaches based on trophy wins. In essence, a new set of indices has to be developed for Rohr alone..
Prof, with all due respect, you cannot use the reasons for firing our (local) coaches in the past as a reason to fire a coach TODAY when we all agree that the way we fired caches in the past was extremely unwise, unfair and counterproductive.
WE ALL AGREE ON THAT.

Why Should he be fired?
Now or in the future?

Prof, you dey dodge o.

Prof is very clever with words, his "body language" tells us that he wants Rohr to be sacked but he covers it up with flowery language but the discerning will know the message he's trying to get across.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: I don't know Salisu neither have I ever met him, so the "brother" thing is in your head. If it's possible to locate my comments when this scandal first came to light, it was very damning of Salisu and I was against his re-engagement.
For a man who claims he knows what "dash money" is, you should also know what "cover for your brother" means. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Actually it is. And this right here shows who you are in real life and why Nigeria is rife with corruption. You guys do not see it as a big deal. If I refused to pay tithe now, you will be bursting your vein all over the place, weeping and twerking! :oops: tufia!

One day, my generation in Nigeria will see corruption as the worst thing and we will burst a vein for it! And we will clean up the Nigeria that your generation has destroyed almost beyond repair... because for you, "its not in your best interest to burst a vein over corruption." :oops: :oops:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I wanted Salisu to takeover the team long ago. What he did in that video was unconscionable and he should not be anywhere near this team for that, however there are bigger crooks employing him so they likely saw what he did as child's play. It wasn't any dash nonsense too, he was being paid to get people on the team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The Sierra Leone coach is not far from the truth. Ekong is currently sitting on the bench for the 2nd consecutive game for Watford. Why Balogun and Akpoguma cannot be paired by Rohr is beyond me!
ROHR has a hard time dropping players who have been key members of the squad. He does this in a very stubborn fashion.

We've seen it with Musa, Shehu, and now Ekong

It doesn't help that Musa and Ekong are captains. Frankly the captaincy should be changed for the sake of the team.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You folks are still wasting your time with Rohr. A leopard can't change his or her spots. The man fired when he was still coaching in France because the team was not progressing. He was coaching at low level jobs before he got the Nigerian job. He was Nigeria last choice. Pinnick wanted an oyinbo man. Laurent Blanc had turned down the job. No top team in Euorpe will hire Rohr. Rohr should resign and go. But the man will not do it. He is earning his pension paid by mugus.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

You may want to read up on Amuneke's interview published just yesterday. He makes two (2) things CLEAR:

1. He likely to accept to be Manager of the SE. He insinuates this and never denies./denied interest in the position.

2. He categorically refuses to serve as an Assistant To Rohr. I now believe that even the promises that he can take over will not convince him. He believes, and rightly so, that there is no basis for him to serve under a coach who is not better than him.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote: I don't know Salisu neither have I ever met him, so the "brother" thing is in your head. If it's possible to locate my comments when this scandal first came to light, it was very damning of Salisu and I was against his re-engagement.
For a man who claims he knows what "dash money" is, you should also know what "cover for your brother" means. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Actually it is. And this right here shows who you are in real life and why Nigeria is rife with corruption. You guys do not see it as a big deal. If I refused to pay tithe now, you will be bursting your vein all over the place, weeping and twerking! :oops: tufia!

One day, my generation in Nigeria will see corruption as the worst thing and we will burst a vein for it! And we will clean up the Nigeria that your generation has destroyed almost beyond repair... because for you, "its not in your best interest to burst a vein over corruption." :oops: :oops:
OK, go ahead and burst a blood vessel!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ROHR has a hard time dropping players who have been key members of the squad. He does this in a very stubborn fashion.

It doesn't help that Musa and Ekong are captains. Frankly the captaincy should be changed for the sake of the team.
It's that stubbornness that will ruin his legacy if he's not careful.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

It's that stubbornness that will ruin his legacy if he's not careful.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:Damunk,

You may want to read up on Amuneke's interview published just yesterday. He makes two (2) things CLEAR:

1. He likely to accept to be Manager of the SE. He insinuates this and never denies./denied interest in the position.

2. He categorically refuses to serve as an Assistant To Rohr. I now believe that even the promises that he can take over will not convince him. He believes, and rightly so, that there is no basis for him to serve under a coach who is not better than him.
The natives also said that Egbo, who won a league title last season in Europe, should come back home and learn from the white man. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Sure, I will. You also go ahead and continue your corruption and criminal ways. Lets see who will be found wanting in the end.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Sure, I will. You also go ahead and continue your corruption and criminal ways. Lets see who will be found wanting in the end.
Stop taking yourself too seriously bro, this is just a football discussion forum ehn?
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Just my take.
Kai, e be like say the ground wey coach Rohr's leg dey stand don begin shake be dat-oo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.