My Take: As NFF Forces Rohr to Choose Key Assistant....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My Take: As NFF Forces Rohr to Choose Key Assistant....

Post by Odas »

deanotito wrote:The man is clever. Having Amuneke as your assistant would be one dumb move. You might as well resign
Yeah, but how long will Rohr be 'smart?' I think he should start looking for another job if what is 'assumed' by EII is correct
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:It is on recent record that Amuneke:
1. Didn't want and wouldn't take the SE job, if offered
2. Rejected the Technical Adviser offer.

People are simply conjuring up their own magical narratives according to their sentiments.
The truth is probably nothing like what we are reading on CE.
Damunk,

Amuneke has never received an offer for the SE job. I bet he will take it if offered. What he has rejected is being either NFF TA or being an assistant to Rohr. Those are different positions. TBH, Amuneke is playing it smart. He believes being an assistant to Rohr is belittling. If he cannot be offered the main gig, he won't be biting on just any offer.

However, there are reports that he s being mentioned now as assistant to Rohr and the only way he will take that gig is if he has a firm offer that he will take over if Rohr does not win the AFCON.
If such condition is made to Amuneke, who says Amuneke will not sabotage Rohr's efforts; therefore, preventing the nation from winning the AFCON so as to get Rohr terminated?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:It is on recent record that Amuneke:
1. Didn't want and wouldn't take the SE job, if offered
2. Rejected the Technical Adviser offer.

People are simply conjuring up their own magical narratives according to their sentiments.
The truth is probably nothing like what we are reading on CE.
Damunk,

Amuneke has never received an offer for the SE job. I bet he will take it if offered. What he has rejected is being either NFF TA or being an assistant to Rohr. Those are different positions. TBH, Amuneke is playing it smart. He believes being an assistant to Rohr is belittling. If he cannot be offered the main gig, he won't be biting on just any offer.

However, there are reports that he s being mentioned now as assistant to Rohr and the only way he will take that gig is if he has a firm offer that he will take over if Rohr does not win the AFCON.
If such condition is made to Amuneke, who says Amuneke will not sabotage Rohr's efforts; therefore, preventing the nation from winning the AFCON so as to get Rohr terminated?
Obviously, that is what Rohr was thinking when he reportedly rejected Amuneke as a possible assistant and indicated preference for Salisu.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics