Are we chasing the wrong AM? Re: Michael Olise

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Are we chasing the wrong AM? Re: Michael Olise

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abeg forget Eze. Michael Olise is one we really need to be looking at for 2022. He played some friendlies games for France U18, also eligible for England but won't need a switch. This boy has very impressive skills, a future start with Ozil like skills. Playing with SE at his age would go his game a world of good. Could he be the one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Olise
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVoI01hzcU[/video]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6uWnpa1x8[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Are we chasing the wrong AM? Re: Michael Olise

Post by DAgrin »

I saw him today vs. Nottingham Forrest.
The boy is fast, has vision, can play deadly passes. He has it all and is more quality package than Ejaria who I like very much.
But Ejaria is more a championship player while Olise will be bought by a bigger club soon.
Unfortunetly Nigeria can just get those at the moment who won't be considered by bigger nations. That's why we can get Ejaria but not a player like Eze or Olise.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

It's not hard to predict the boy is a future star.
He is marshalling the Reading midfield with finesse and maturity at such a young age.
Technically gifted, with pace and vision. Excaptional talent. One for higher challenges in the near future.
If Nigeria could get him, that would be huge accomplishment and a major boost for our team.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

He is young, he is good, & there is strong Naija influence at Reading with Ejaria & Aluko.

Hope they make it to the Premiership next season (the attack & midfield is solid, but the Keeper and Defence blow hot and cold)
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I like what I saw today, though I only watched about 30 minutes. I saw a boy with a very good football brain. Always picking the right pass.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Olise is the player SE should be chasing. His potential to be really world class is higher than Ejaria. Just my opinion watching their games & factoring the competion they play against.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fledy wrote:Olise is the player SE should be chasing. His potential to be really world class is higher than Ejaria. Just my opinion watching their games & factoring the competion they play against.
An 18 year old with that kind of confidence and who has also been given the responsibility for set pieces....the potential is huge.

He has a 3-nation eligibility and I believe he might have already played for France in an age-grade competition or two.
Its gonna be a tough one.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Is he related to Sunny?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Is he related to Sunny?
No.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Well o well ..... Our people don start againi ooo!

A certain left footed playmaker is having talks with Nigeria about storming SE camp for the next group of qualifiers. He has dual citizenship and wont need a switch. CE is more powerfull than we think. :laugh:

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/12/ ... 10-issues/
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:lol: :lol:
You beat me to it. Those guys never give up plagiarizing SE, do they?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Well o well ..... Our people don start againi ooo!

A certain left footed playmaker is having talks with Nigeria about storming SE camp for the next group of qualifiers. He has dual citizenship and wont need a switch. CE is more powerfull than we think. :laugh:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Otitokoro wrote::lol: :lol:
You beat me to it. Those guys never give up plagiarizing SE, do they?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Well o well ..... Our people don start againi ooo!

Can u imagine? Na kongi they're plagiarizing, soon they'll move to 1Niaja and even Bigporker then we'll now dia own don finish beyond redemption. :woot:
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Maybe I have not seen enough of Olise. Olise is ok but when it comes to the AM with the greatest potential to positively impact our outcomes, Eze is still no 1 on my list. This is the guy we should focus on across key critical dimensions imho

- Goals & Assists over the past two seasons ? Eze beats IWobi, Ejiara (i'm a big fan), Olise, Aribo. Over last season and this season, Eze has scored 15 goals and 10 assist. Olise has scored 3 goals and 7 assists over the same time horizon. This doesn't include EZE's assist today against Spurs (from a free kick).

After goals and assists which in my view are the most important and objective metrics, Eze is the anointed free kick taker, takes crosses and also the most creative in my view. The later is a subjective measure. By the way , Eze is listed as Nigerian on some football sites. something tells me Rohr is paying special attention

PS: If i take a more "apples to apples" view, and compare Eze's best champoinship year (last year) to Olise's - this year. Eze was MOTM - 10 times last season. EZE had 3 MOTM by this stage last year. Olise???? 0, none ... https://www.whoscored.com/Players/33240 ... erechi-Eze
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

[quote="icee"]Maybe I have not seen enough of Olise. Olise is ok but when it comes to the AM with the greatest potential to positively impact our outcomes, Eze is still no 1 on my list. This is the guy we should focus on across key critical dimensions imho

- Goals & Assists over the past two seasons ? Eze beats IWobi, Ejiara (i'm a big fan), Olise, Aribo. Over last season and this season, Eze has scored 15 goals and 10 assist. Olise has scored 3 goals and 7 assists over the same time horizon. This doesn't include EZE's assist today against Spurs (from a free kick).

After goals and assists which in my view are the most important and objective metrics, Eze is the anointed free kick taker, takes crosses and also the most creative in my view. The later is a subjective measure. By the way , Eze is listed as Nigerian on some football sites. something tells me Rohr is paying special attention

PS: If i take a more "apples to apples" view, and compare Eze's best champoinship year (last year) to Olise's - this year. Eze was MOTM - 10 times last season. EZE had 3 MOTM by this stage last year. Olise???? 0, none ... https://www.whoscored.com/Players/33240 ... erechi-Eze[/

Eze has turned Nigeria down, he's focused on his England career. He has no interest in playing for SE.

Please move on
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Is he related to Sunny?
His name isn’t actually spelt the same.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Michael Olise Is Eagles New ‘Okocha’ — Rohr

By Chukwu Nelson Last updated Dec 16, 2020

Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr, says he has finally found a new Austin Jay Jay Okocha for the senior national team.

Since Okocha exited the Super Eagles, the real number 10 man for the Super Eagles has remained a big problem for the country.

But the Franco/German trainer revealed Wednesday that a new Eagles ‘no 10 men’ has emerged, saying Michael Olise is his top target for the holding midfield role for the Super Eagles.

Olise plies his trade with Reading in the English Championship.
“Olise has hugely impressed this season in the colours of Reading to attract the attention and interest of Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr”, a close pal of Rohr said Wednesday.

“The Super Eagles have lacked a playmaker since Okocha left the senior national team with much of the problems now falling on the wingers. Yes, Alex Iwobi has regarded as the major man for the playmaker role but he has struggled of recent.

“Iwobi has even been deployed to the wing-back role at Everton, thus, giving Rohr more headaches. But with Olise, who is just 19 years now, Rohr feels he could fit well into that role”.

is understood to have represented France twice at the U18 level but Nigeria has become the first country to speak with him for a possible senior team role. Rohr’s technical assistant, Tunde Adelakun, is understood to have held talks with the player’s representative over his future with Nigeria.
“The talks centre around the player’s possible availability for Super Eagles 2021 AFCON qualifiers next year.

https://orientdailynews.com/michael-oli ... ocha-rohr/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote: Michael Olise Is Eagles New ‘Okocha’ — Rohr

By Chukwu Nelson Last updated Dec 16, 2020

Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr, says he has finally found a new Austin Jay Jay Okocha for the senior national team.

Since Okocha exited the Super Eagles, the real number 10 man for the Super Eagles has remained a big problem for the country.

But the Franco/German trainer revealed Wednesday that a new Eagles ‘no 10 men’ has emerged, saying Michael Olise is his top target for the holding midfield role for the Super Eagles.

Olise plies his trade with Reading in the English Championship.
“Olise has hugely impressed this season in the colours of Reading to attract the attention and interest of Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr”, a close pal of Rohr said Wednesday.

“The Super Eagles have lacked a playmaker since Okocha left the senior national team with much of the problems now falling on the wingers. Yes, Alex Iwobi has regarded as the major man for the playmaker role but he has struggled of recent.

“Iwobi has even been deployed to the wing-back role at Everton, thus, giving Rohr more headaches. But with Olise, who is just 19 years now, Rohr feels he could fit well into that role”.

is understood to have represented France twice at the U18 level but Nigeria has become the first country to speak with him for a possible senior team role. Rohr’s technical assistant, Tunde Adelakun, is understood to have held talks with the player’s representative over his future with Nigeria.
“The talks centre around the player’s possible availability for Super Eagles 2021 AFCON qualifiers next year.

https://orientdailynews.com/michael-oli ... ocha-rohr/
If na new Okocha, why did he not invite him as part of the main squad? What is he then on standby? :roll: Or am I missing something here?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You mirrored my initial thoughts. However, it may be a case of his passport not being finalized yet, hence his being put on standby.
Enugu II wrote: If na new Okocha, why did he not invite him as part of the main squad? What is he then on standby? :roll: Or am I missing something here?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Whatever the case, we need to move fast and decisively.
All eyes are on him and pressure will mount now that it is all in the open.
'Catch them young' has its advantages but FIFA has allowed for some flexibility for young players.

I even read somewhere that Turkey were trying to woo Paul Mukairu much the way they did 'Muhammet Yavuz', better known as JayJay Okocha who they granted citizenship as a young player.

I don't know how true this is but it shows 'nobody is playing' any more. :lol:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Interesting his Father played cricket. The father and the young lad came to cricket practice with LNCC couple of years ago. I was not in nets on the day.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:Interesting his Father played cricket. The father and the young lad came to cricket practice with LNCC couple of years ago. I was not in nets on the day.
So you are a cricket man?
No wonder. :taunt:

What does LNCC mean?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:Interesting his Father played cricket. The father and the young lad came to cricket practice with LNCC couple of years ago. I was not in nets on the day.
So you are a cricket man?
No wonder. :taunt:

What does LNCC mean?
London Nigeria Cricket club.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Damunk wrote:Whatever the case, we need to move fast and decisively.
All eyes are on him and pressure will mount now that it is all in the open.
'Catch them young' has its advantages but FIFA has allowed for some flexibility for young players.

I even read somewhere that Turkey were trying to woo Paul Mukairu much the way they did 'Muhammet Yavuz', better known as JayJay Okocha who they granted citizenship as a young player.

I don't know how true this is but it shows 'nobody is playing' any more. :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: Just hearing this Muhammet Yavuz biz for the 1st time :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Igboro ti daru, countries are no more playing o. The ministry of interior should rush and Issue Olise a priority Passport ASAP if not done already becos can't trust those guys at the London Embassy
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7