UCL: Marseille v Porto, Zaidu Sanusi scores

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
UCL: Marseille v Porto, Zaidu Sanusi scores

Post by Dammy »

Nigerian international defender, Zaidu Sanusi scored the first goal for Porto away to Marseille in the 39th minute off a goal mouth scramble after a corner kick in the 39th minute. Porto have added a second goal through a penalty and the game is almost over.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL: Marseille v Porto, Zaidu Sanusi scores

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He was MOTM. Best player on the night by far. Rated 8.9/10. Highest rating I've seen a defender get in a long time. He also intercepted a for sure goal, made timely tackles and kept the attackers honest. Sad that even with his sublime assist to Osihmen he was axed for the 2nd leg v Saro and got crucified on CE by armchair coaches. Imho, the best LB since Cele-baba!

Let no baga ever suggest Aina start over him at LB.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

That Salone collapse was a freak show, pretty much every player suffered a mental collapse for various reasons and Rohr didn't make it any better with this tepid approach (poor substitutions etc). Zaidu is definitely a baller no doubt, and he's head and shoulder better than Aina.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:That Salone collapse was a freak show, pretty much every player suffered a mental collapse for various reasons and Rohr didn't make it any better with this tepid approach (poor substitutions etc). Zaidu is definitely a baller no doubt, and he's head and shoulder better than Aina.
Saro did us film trick in the 2nd half no be small. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He was MOTM. Best player on the night by far. Rated 8.9/10. Highest rating I've seen a defender get in a long time. He also intercepted a for sure goal, made timely tackles and kept the attackers honest. Sad that even with his sublime assist to Osihmen he was axed for the 2nd leg v Saro and got crucified on CE by armchair coaches. Imho, the best LB since Cele-baba!

Apparently, Aina started the 2nd leg because he gave Rohr a piece of his mind about not playing a minute in the friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia and being left out of the 1st leg against Sierra Leone.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Remember when the treasonous defector who supported CIV over his own country told us Sanusi was a bad player, just 2 weeks ago? Simply because he did not want to admit that the white man he loves so much is a worthless coach.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote:Remember when the treasonous defector who supported CIV over his own country told us Sanusi was a bad player, just 2 weeks ago? Simply because he did not want to admit that the white man he loves so much is a worthless coach.
Where did I ever say Sanusi was a bad player ?

Im not convinced Sanusi is a better left back than Aina frankly. I've seen much more of Aina, but from what I've seen Aina is better.

Just because somebody scores in champions league does not make him better.

Aina is a better crosser of the ball.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He was MOTM. Best player on the night by far. Rated 8.9/10. Highest rating I've seen a defender get in a long time. He also intercepted a for sure goal, made timely tackles and kept the attackers honest. Sad that even with his sublime assist to Osihmen he was axed for the 2nd leg v Saro and got crucified on CE by armchair coaches. Imho, the best LB since Cele-baba!

Apparently, Aina started the 2nd leg because he gave Rohr a piece of his mind about not playing a minute in the friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia and being left out of the 1st leg against Sierra Leone.

Rohr is an angel* to not have played either Aina or Ebuehi over AKpoguma over 3 matches. Only 1 half in 3 matches went to Ebuehi, the other 2.5 matches Akpoguma played in un unnatural position.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Rohr is an angel* to not have played either Aina or Ebuehi over AKpoguma over 3 matches. Only 1 half in 3 matches went to Ebuehi, the other 2.5 matches Akpoguma played in un unnatural position.
Vancity eagle

But Akpoguma has the German CV? Not so?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Vancity eagle

Akpoguma should be used as a CB and nothing else.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Vancity eagle

I agree with you but you have to understand that his CV means Rohr cannot put him on the bench sand Rohr cannot start him ahead of either Ekong or Balogun, at this time. Moreover, Rohr's conservatism means it is especially difficult for Rohr to consider a Back-3 a good option even though he has tested it before,.

The above is not rocket science. I stated this even before the first game against Sierra Leone. I remember putting up Rohr's possible starting line up here and it was almost to the T. You could read Rohr easily.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Vancity eagle

I agree with you but you have to understand that his CV means Rohr cannot put him on the bench sand Rohr cannot start him ahead of either Ekong or Balogun, at this time. Moreover, Rohr's conservatism means it is especially difficult for Rohr to consider a Back-3 a good option even though he has tested it before,.

The above is not rocket science. I stated this even before the first game against Sierra Leone. I remember putting up Rohr's possible starting line up here and it was almost to the T. You could read Rohr easily.
It was as if Rohr had to accomodate Akpoguma even if it unbalanced his team. To have repeated it again in the 2nd leg was absolutely criminal and I hope his stubbornness will not cost the SE.
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

What are you saying?

Your clueless German responded to armchair critics by benching a good player (I didn't bother watching the 2nd leg as I just needed to cool off).

Are you running low on Gbegiri?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nigeria has the personnel to play 352 and could have done so successfully against Saro in the second leg. We would have dominated the midfield. Personally I think Sanusi is the best left back or wingback we have and Aina should play right back/wing back.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Remember when the treasonous defector who supported CIV over his own country told us Sanusi was a bad player, just 2 weeks ago? Simply because he did not want to admit that the white man he loves so much is a worthless coach.

Im not convinced Sanusi is a better left back than Aina frankly. I've seen much more of Aina, but from what I've seen Aina is better.

We saw Sanusi’s cross and assist in the first leg against Saro however over 90 mins Aina crossing was non existent in the second leg against the same opposition .....
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Vancity eagle

It was as if Rohr had to accomodate Akpoguma even if it unbalanced his team. To have repeated it again in the 2nd leg was absolutely criminal and I hope his stubbornness will not cost the SE.
Its a credible but equally an arguable point about Akpoguma being 'special' to Rohr because of what Prof calls his "German CV", but that theory does not really fly when you consider that Balogun at some point fell out of his favour despite his "German CV". :idea:

I really am disturbed by what appears to be a subtle smear campaign even here on CE. A campaign bordering on impropriety in many cases, and it is being entertained and even encouraged. Chinese whispers...again.

We have notoriously very short memories in Naija and in the future everybody will be acting as if it was the NFF that effed up our SE...just like everyone seems to have forgotten how the fans were also calling for Amodu's head in large numbers when he was sacked....twice.
Now its like "me, I was not there o".

This is exactly what happened back then too.
Nigerian fans were whingeing and whining with all sorts of complaints, echoing what the NFF at the time eventually used as excuses to get rid of the man. Little or nothing to do with results.
It's happening again.

First Okoye, now Akpoguma are the platforms from which the missiles are being launched.
What do they have in common? :oops:
Me I don talk my own.
:idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Flex Swift wrote:Nigeria has the personnel to play 352 and could have done so successfully against Saro in the second leg. We would have dominated the midfield. Personally I think Sanusi is the best left back or wingback we have and Aina should play right back/wing back.
2 of the goals scored against Nigeria by Sierra Leone were Sanusi's fault. Nobody is disputing his quality but against Sierra Leone, he was awful. I do not think he is more effective than Aina as a left-back for the SE
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Flex Swift wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

We saw Sanusi’s cross and assist in the first leg against Saro however over 90 mins Aina crossing was non existent in the second leg against the same opposition .....
Please where did you watch the second leg? The same online platform that we all did?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:

You literally said it in that Nigeria/Sierra Leone thread.

And I take it you are referring to the Aina who plays for relegation Fulham and who gets humiliated week in week out ? :oops: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

You don't even know football. If Rohr had played cute boy Ebuehi in that match, s.leone would have broken him into 2.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

chief nfachairman wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

You don't even know football. If Rohr had played cute boy Ebuehi in that match, s.leone would have broken him into 2.
Not if we played 352 formation with Ebuehi playing as a wingback & Sanusi playing wingback on the left we wound created chances to score and been solid in defense. The only option available to Saro would have been the long ball.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Sanusi scores a beautiful opener for FC Porto yesterday against Tondela bringing his number of goals this season to three. I have also seen him provided three assist this season. The lad if he continues to improve could step into the shoes of Celestine Babayaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZs_EG ... ure=onebox[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote:Sanusi scores a beautiful opener for FC Porto yesterday against Tondela bringing his number of goals this season to three. I have also seen him provided three assist this season. The lad if he continues to improve could step into the shoes of Celestine Babayaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZs_EG ... ure=onebox[/video]
Nice goal.
But I'm a little worried about his defensive duties.
He had a role in the opponents' first and second goals which as a coach I wouldn't be very happy about.
Out of position, he lost his man on both occasions.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "