FUL (Aina, Lookman, Adarabioyo, Maja) v Wolves

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: FUL (Aina, Lookman, Adarabioyo, Maja) v Villa

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Adebariyo is not of international class..he is junk
Ayo & Damunk say Rohr should drop Troost & Balogun for Tosin because they don’t have pace and can’t play the ball out of the back.
they are both Delusional, Balogun, Ekong, Awaziem, Omeruo, Ajayi are all miles ahead of him....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Tosin should continue to wait for England
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It seems like the pressure of wanting to play for England is affecting Adarabioyo. Ever since he declared his intentions to cast his lot with England, his game has been characterised by uncharacteristic errors. I think he made a mistake of putting himself under the spotlight
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:It seems like the pressure of wanting to play for England is affecting Adarabioyo. Ever since he declared his intentions to cast his lot with England, his game has been characterised by uncharacteristic errors. I think he made a mistake of putting himself under the spotlight
When did he state his intention to declare for England? I didn't see that news.

And what on earth would possess a man who hasn't played for any England youth teams for six years and is currently playing for a relegation-bound team to think he has a chance to play for the England senior team?

I like people with ambition but it must come with a dose of reality.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tosin has been taking chances with the way he positions his body. He would learn from his mistakes.

Fulham have blown it and would almost certainly be relegated.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:It seems like the pressure of wanting to play for England is affecting Adarabioyo. Ever since he declared his intentions to cast his lot with England, his game has been characterised by uncharacteristic errors. I think he made a mistake of putting himself under the spotlight

And what on earth would possess a man who hasn't played for any England youth teams for six years and is currently playing for a relegation-bound team to think he has a chance to play for the England senior team?

He started getting a lot of rave reviews from the media with interviews. Even Juventus were said to be interested in him. That probably got into his head and he took down his photos on social media with Nigerian paraphernalia and declared his intentions to fight for a place in the England squad to the Euros. Things went south shortly after the declaration.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

He started getting a lot of rave reviews from the media with interviews. Even Juventus were said to be interested in him. That probably got into his head and he took down his photos on social media with Nigerian paraphernalia and declared his intentions to fight for a place in the England squad to the Euros. Things went south shortly after the declaration.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Is this really true though? I still see his posts wearing GWG 94 jersey for Nigerian Independence Day etc...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Is this really true though? I still see his posts wearing GWG 94 jersey for Nigerian Independence Day etc...
Nah.
People just dey yarn dem own.
Nothing to suggest anything has gotten to his head or that he has lost touch with reality.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

vancity eagle wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
lacidi wrote:All these Filham players are junk. I don't know why people are pushing for us to beg these championship players to play for Nigeria.
Our starting RB plays for Fulham, so I don't know why you are claiming they are "junk" players.

Tosin I think is overhyped, never really that convinced by him. His main asset is his age.

Lookman will be a great addition though. Probably better than all of our current wingers.
Imho, Ebuehi is a much better RB/LB than Aina. People prefer Aina because he plays in England and they watch him more.

The only area I see where lookman is better than our wingers is in decision making and maybe dead balls. As for Tosin, he's waiting for England.
Decision making is a major part of wingplay and YES Lookman beats all our wingers in that aspect.

He is also ranked #6 in dribbles and #9 in key passes in the entire premiership.

I believe he also has better scoring ability than all of our wingers.

That total package makes him better than what we have.
Lookman is no way better than Kalu or Simon. I have watched him several times and do not see the hype. If you take that guy to Villareal, he cannot bench Samuel. This is a guy that cant get a shirt in all his previous clubs until he ended up in championship Fulham. i don't know why we are fixated on these English players.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

lacidi wrote:Lookman is no way better than Kalu or Simon. I have watched him several times and do not see the hype. If you take that guy to Villareal, he cannot bench Samuel. This is a guy that cant get a shirt in all his previous clubs until he ended up in championship Fulham. i don't know why we are fixated on these English players.
Rohr ultra believe this player and that player (none HB) will complete Rohr team and take SE to the promised land.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

lacidi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
lacidi wrote:All these Filham players are junk. I don't know why people are pushing for us to beg these championship players to play for Nigeria.
Our starting RB plays for Fulham, so I don't know why you are claiming they are "junk" players.

Tosin I think is overhyped, never really that convinced by him. His main asset is his age.

Lookman will be a great addition though. Probably better than all of our current wingers.
Imho, Ebuehi is a much better RB/LB than Aina. People prefer Aina because he plays in England and they watch him more.

The only area I see where lookman is better than our wingers is in decision making and maybe dead balls. As for Tosin, he's waiting for England.
Decision making is a major part of wingplay and YES Lookman beats all our wingers in that aspect.

He is also ranked #6 in dribbles and #9 in key passes in the entire premiership.

Lookman is no way better than Kalu or Simon. I have watched him several times and do not see the hype. If you take that guy to Villareal, he cannot bench Samuel. This is a guy that cant get a shirt in all his previous clubs until he ended up in championship Fulham. i don't know why we are fixated on these English players.

Lookman has more dribbles per game, more key passes per game, more accurate crosses per game, more goals and more assists than all of those players. All while playing for one of the worst teams in a superior league.

Those are the facts. The rest are feelings.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:
lacidi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Lookman has more dribbles per game, more key passes per game, more accurate crosses per game, more goals and more assists than all of those players. All while playing for one of the worst teams in a superior league.

Those are the facts. The rest are feelings.
The lad should be called up. However, those stats do not and should not give him or any one an advantage in SE. What matters is what he DOES in the green and white and nothing else.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Adarabioyo turns like a Trailer. I just don't understand big guys who seem labored when making quick lateral movements. I am like, they must not have played Choosin, Set or Ball-U... or even other sports where turning and being flexible is a requirement. Bobo reminds me of that bouncer we took to the WC in 2010 but without the muscles... watching his game, he doesn't read the game well for someone who doesn't have the pace to compensate for his positional play.

He belongs with the English team, if they will have him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote:Adarabioyo turns like a Trailer. I just don't understand big guys who seem labored when making quick lateral movements. I am like, they must not have played Choosin, Set or Ball-U... or even other sports where turning and being flexible is a requirement. Bobo reminds me of that bouncer we took to the WC in 2010 but without the muscles... watching his game, he doesn't read the game well for someone who doesn't have the pace to compensate for his positional play.

Haba..... the boy has been exceptional so far this yr against some of the best opposition in the world even though he plays for a useless team. He makes one mistake and he's a lumber jack all of a sudde. C'mon dude,try to b reasonable.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:Adarabioyo turns like a Trailer. I just don't understand big guys who seem labored when making quick lateral movements. I am like, they must not have played Choosin, Set or Ball-U... or even other sports where turning and being flexible is a requirement. Bobo reminds me of that bouncer we took to the WC in 2010 but without the muscles... watching his game, he doesn't read the game well for someone who doesn't have the pace to compensate for his positional play.

Haba..... the boy has been exceptional so far this yr against some of the best opposition in the world even though he plays for a useless team. He makes one mistake and he's a lumber jack all of a sudde. C'mon dude,try to b reasonable.
But he's not been exceptional though, he's been ok, Semi Ajayi has been slightly better overall but still just ok. He has his positives which is he's confident with the ball at his feet so he's good carrying the ball out and distributing it. But as the last man these kind of things can happen and doesn't change my view of him. But I'll take this over the ones like Ekong that are steadily booting to row z under less pressure. There is a lot of upside to his game IMO that could be useful to an SE that wants to dictate the game from the back.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tosin starts on the bench v wolves. No Lookman either. Kai..... football is wicked o. England dreams don pafuka for now.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Tosin starts on the bench v wolves. No Lookman either. Kai..... football is wicked o. England dreams don pafuka for now.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: dude has been found out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Tosin starts on the bench v wolves. No Lookman either. Kai..... football is wicked o. England dreams don pafuka for now.
Lookman is out because of Hamstring injury. Tosin, well that's another story
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.