Forget Saka, Abraham and Tomori

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Forget Saka, Abraham and Tomori

Post by Dammy »

Let's focus our attention on getting Eberechi Eze, while he's still available. This boy is the real deal, he has put Ayew on the bench for Crystal Palace. I watched him on Match of the Day2 yesterday and the after match analysis focussed on him. The boy is a gem and would give the SE a huge lift.
The legend, Jayjay Okocha in a recent interview said that the SE lacks a true number ten, and this is despite the fact that his nephew, Alex Iwobi, plays in that role for the SE.
Pinnick should use all his influence and raise a delegation including legends like Okocha, Kanu etc to meet with his family and management team and convince them of the long term benefits of a switch to Nigeria for Eze.
Just imagine Eze driving forward with pace and power, Chukwueze and Kalu operating in the wings and Osimhen upfront. It's tantalising!!!
We really have nothing to lose in making a last ditch effort to get Eze. The boy is that good.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Forget Saka, Abraham and Tomori

Post by fabio »

Let´s learn to sow and reap and not reap where others have sown.

Pinnick has been in charge of Nigerian Football for 5 years and can´t boost of players coming through the age - ranks!

What about to the age group developmental programmes left by his predecessors?

If the energy, zeal, money and commitment used chase Saka, Abraham and Tomori, now Eze was put into football development. There would be no need to raise a committee to convine Eze!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

fabio wrote:Let´s learn to sow and reap and not reap where others have sown.

Pinnick has been in charge of Nigerian Football for 5 years and can´t boost of players coming through the age - ranks!

If the energy, zeal, money and commitment used chase Saka, Abraham and Tomori, now Eze was put into football development. There would be no need to raise a committee to convine Eze!
Really? I guess Osihmen,Nacho,Ndidi, uzoho, Etebo, amongst others were snatched from England youth teams . :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Really? I guess Osihmen,Nacho,Ndidi, uzoho, Etebo, amongst others were snatched from England youth teams . :roll:
Fabio is a strange one
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is really sad as well as some serious head scratcher. We are in deep trouble . I hope the next election he loses
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Well said bro... :clap:

I am all for courting EVERY eligible Nigerian, but the neglect of domestic development bothers on the CRIMINAL.
Eze was at the SE London camp in 2017 and has met Pinnick several times, he knows his options and doesn’t need any more courting.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

It's almost too late to get him now. Nigeria missed the chance in 2017. Eze will continue to hold on to play for England. Provided he keeps up this good form.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:

Fabio is a strange one
The guy just needs to calm down before responding. That's why he responds with the comments that Rohr should go and scout academies for home based .
He should take his time and articulate his thoughts properly. It's not every comment or thread that he has to be on or respond to!
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Gotti wrote:

Well said bro... :clap:

I am all for courting EVERY eligible Nigerian, but the neglect of domestic development bothers on the CRIMINAL.
Eze was at the SE London camp in 2017 and has met Pinnick several times, he knows his options and doesn’t need any more courting.
Well that's on the NFF and their successive era's/years of recyclable failure to fix our domestic leagues... You can't blame Rohr or any coach for that matter who are only contracted for a limited time to meet certain goals and have to use the BEST available tools at their disposal to achieve those set goals... unfortunately it just turns out that the best crop of Nigerian international players available are largely foreign based or bred... not even a local coach (perhaps with the exception of Keshi who at least tried) right now will work with the rubbish we have in place in our domestic league, I can bet all my last savings that even our most passionate pro-domestic scouts can't comfortably draw up a list of 5 VERY DECENT local based players good enough to make the NT.

The game must go on, we've got to accept that our NPFL just isn't good enough even for continental standards (heck we even struggle in ordinary CAF Confed cup competitions), for now our best available tools and sadly so; are the foreign contingents.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Fabio is a strange one
The guy just needs to calm down before responding. That's why he responds with the comments that Rohr should go and scout academies for home based .
He should take his time and articulate his thoughts properly. It's not every comment or thread that he has to be on or respond to!
I've challenged Fabio to give us a short list of these amazing hidden talents and gems he seems to know about in the NPFL (maybe he could make the job easier for our scouts), but it's still ZILCH from him and his compatriots.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Dammy wrote:Let's focus our attention on getting Eberechi Eze, while he's still available. This boy is the real deal, he has put Ayew on the bench for Crystal Palace. I watched him on Match of the Day2 yesterday and the after match analysis focussed on him. The boy is a gem and would give the SE a huge lift.
The legend, Jayjay Okocha in a recent interview said that the SE lacks a true number ten, and this is despite the fact that his nephew, Alex Iwobi, plays in that role for the SE.
Pinnick should use all his influence and raise a delegation including legends like Okocha, Kanu etc to meet with his family and management team and convince them of the long term benefits of a switch to Nigeria for Eze.
Just imagine Eze driving forward with pace and power, Chukwueze and Kalu operating in the wings and Osimhen upfront. It's tantalising!!!
We really have nothing to lose in making a last ditch effort to get Eze. The boy is that good.
Don’t get carried away. Eze can’t bench Ayew because they don’t play the same position. We place too much emphasis on recruiting foreign born players even though that strategy hasn’t yielded much fruit. There is no substitute for grassroots development❗️

Cheers.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Don’t get carried away. Eze can’t bench Ayew because they don’t play the same position. We place too much emphasis on recruiting foreign born players even though that strategy hasn’t yielded much fruit. There is no substitute for grassroots development❗️

Cheers.
Grassroot development and Pinnick... Pinnick grassroot is abroad!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The NFF doesn’t even own its own academy but they want to beg England’s Youth internationals that want a crack at the England National Team.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:Well that's on the NFF and their successive era's/years of recyclable failure to fix our domestic leagues... You can't blame Rohr or any coach for that matter who are only contracted for a limited time to meet certain goals and have to use the BEST available tools at their disposal to achieve those set goals... unfortunately it just turns out that the best crop of Nigerian international players available are largely foreign based or bred... not even a local coach (perhaps with the exception of Keshi who at least tried) right now will work with the rubbish we have in place in our domestic league, I can bet all my last savings that even our most passionate pro-domestic scouts can't comfortably draw up a list of 5 VERY DECENT local based players good enough to make the NT.

The game must go on, we've got to accept that our NPFL just isn't good enough even for continental standards (heck we even struggle in ordinary CAF Confed cup competitions), for now our best available tools and sadly so; are the foreign contingents.
Huh? Did I mention Rohr?! :shock:
Rohr is merely a symptom of the greater disease.

Btw, I can list more than 5 decent domestic SE prospects...
But that would be akin to pissing against the wind, because it is a substantively meaningless exercise.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Well that's on the NFF and their successive era's/years of recyclable failure to fix our domestic leagues... You can't blame Rohr or any coach for that matter who are only contracted for a limited time to meet certain goals and have to use the BEST available tools at their disposal to achieve those set goals... unfortunately it just turns out that the best crop of Nigerian international players available are largely foreign based or bred... not even a local coach (perhaps with the exception of Keshi who at least tried) right now will work with the rubbish we have in place in our domestic league, I can bet all my last savings that even our most passionate pro-domestic scouts can't comfortably draw up a list of 5 VERY DECENT local based players good enough to make the NT.

Huh? Did I mention Rohr?! :shock:
Rohr is merely a symptom of the greater disease.

Btw, I can list more than 5 decent domestic SE prospects...
But that would be akin to pissing against the wind, because it is a substantively meaningless exercise.

Barrister, please stop lying! You can't name 5 decent domestic prospects in the Nigerian league. If they were any good they would be playing in some obscure league in Europe already! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

fabio, PLEASE HANG ON...

...you're on the right side. As I've said several times before, let me re-state: I applaud and welcome Nigeria-connected players who want to play for the SE and other Nigerian teams. My beef is that, it should not be done at the expense of meaningful development programs for those born and living in Nigeria. Like the NFF is now doing. It is a crime being perpetrated on the poor Nigerian kids.

Someone said you can't name five local players good enough to make the Nigerian squad. If that is true, it proves the point we're trying to make, namely that the authorities have abandoned the local kids. If you doubt the ability of Nigerian kids in sports, I direct you to go to the "Other Sports" forum and see that five of the first 30 players in the recent NBA worldwide draft have Nigerian blood. The same goes for the NFL. So what's the difference? The Nigerian environment and local authorities, of course.

A poster suggested that those in authority have a short window to deliver results and cannot devote any time to development, a statement that highlights the disregard of long-term planning by some Nigerians. What would the authorities do if these overseas kids were not available or they dry up? Don't the authorities in these foreign countries also have to deliver within a narrow window? In short, what we're seeing is is an abject failure of basic management in Nigerian sports.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:

fabio, PLEASE HANG ON...

...you're on the right side. As I've said several times before, let me re-state: I applaud and welcome Nigeria-connected players who want to play for the SE and other Nigerian teams. My beef is that, it should not be done at the expense of meaningful development programs for those born and living in Nigeria. Like the NFF is now doing. It is a crime being perpetrated on the poor Nigerian kids.
Bell
I really do not think there is any dispute on this.
NONE.
The issue really is to determine whether it is really the case and if so, how? :idea:

To reach a meaningful conclusion, let's ask a few basic questions:

1. Is the NPFL suffering neglect BECAUSE the NFF is focusing on foreign based and foreign born Nigerian players? If so, how?
- Resources: Are major NFF resources being diverted in pursuit of these FBs? In what way? Foreign travel? Player invitations? Foreign training? Agents fees? Others?
How much of the NFF's resources being spent on these FBs as a proportion of its total budget could reasonably be deemed significant enough to impact so negatively on the NPFL as we are undoubtedly witnessing?
- Commitment: Resources aside, are these FBs drawing the attention of the NFF away from the NPFL to such an extent that interest has been essentially lost, or significantly diminished? Is there anything to support this i.e that the NFF as a body of administrators (rather than just Pinnick himself) is less committed to the local leagues because of the lure of foreign players? Let's remind ourselves that a keen interest or belief in one thing does not automatically translate to a loss of interest in another.
- Discrimination: Are NPFL players being discriminated against - either actively or passively - by the NFF or any of its national team coaches? For discrimination to be real, it has to be shown that such players are as good or even better than those being given the opportunity. Do we have anything tangible to suggest this is happening?

2. Is the NPFL suffering neglect for OTHER reasons, totally unrelated to FBs?
- Finance & Sponsorship: Has he money dried up? If so, to what degree and what is the likely impact? Is this simply a reflection of the wider Nigerian economy?
- Poor Management: An age-old problem and how much of this has contributed to the present predicament, if at all?
- Corruption: A universal issue. It isn't just limited to one aspect of our football. Is there any proven corruption in the NFF? What about at club level which directly impacts on players and by extension the quality of the league? Referees? Governments, state and maybe even federal?
- Talent Sequestration: We've heard how the best young talent is being held back, away from the NPFL for direct sale to foreign agents. Is the NPFL suffering the cumulative effect of this?
-Talent Flight: We all know that a high percentage of our best local talents (regardless of age) are being cherry-picked by foreign agents, actively encouraged by clubs and local coaches obviously for commercial reasons. It's a global trend and it won't stop. How much of this is contributing to the problem.

And are these reasons individually or collectively just as likely or even more likely to be responsible for the poor state of the NPFL than the alleged preoccupation with foreign born and/or based Nigerian players?

3. Are OTHER AREAS of Nigerian football (under the NFF) showing similar neglect?
- Youth Development: Are our youth programmes suffering too? If so, does this not suggest that there might be more universal and far-reaching reasons for the NPFL decline rather than the NFF focus on FBs?
- Women's football: Same as above

These questions of course are not exhaustive but it is important not to live in an echo chamber and keep recycling truths, half-truths, assumptions and in some cases well-dressed lies. We need to challenge what we believe and what we hear coming from others.
I don't know the answers any more than you do, but I have my beliefs.
Moreover there is too much emotional investment in this topic, understandably so, but it doesn't allow for clarity.

Bottom line is your premise that the NFF's preoccupation with our foreign born (and foreign based) players is at the expense of our local league and youth development.
We all need to examine that premise more closely. Is there a real correlation here? Or a false one?
No fighting please. :D

Someone said you can't name five local players good enough to make the Nigerian squad. If that is true, it proves the point we're trying to make, namely that the authorities have abandoned the local kids.
It doesnt prove it. It is simply a possibility as highlighted in my breakdown above, i.e. it might be multifactorial
If you doubt the ability of Nigerian kids in sports, I direct you to go to the "Other Sports" forum and see that five of the first 30 players in the recent NBA worldwide draft have Nigerian blood. The same goes for the NFL. So what's the difference? The Nigerian environment and local authorities, of course.
Absolutely. The question is what lies beneath that truth. Foreign focus? Or deeper reasons? :idea:
A poster suggested that those in authority have a short window to deliver results and cannot devote any time to development, a statement that highlights the disregard of long-term planning by some Nigerians. What would the authorities do if these overseas kids were not available or they dry up? Don't the authorities in these foreign countries also have to deliver within a narrow window? In short, what we're seeing is is an abject failure of basic management in Nigerian sports.
Again this is fundamentally true.
My only minor disagreement here is your use of the word 'some'.
Most, if not all Nigerians don't have the time or the 'liver' for long term planning. Nigerians want instant results. It is not even worth arguing.

Nigerians criticise their leaders for the very things they are themselves guilty of. So as football fans, we rightly criticise for "lack of long term planning", "lack of 'vision'', "lack of foresight" etc, but when such plans start to play out before our eyes - with the inevitable bumps, dodgy results and shaky performances of the teething period - we scream for change.
Na so-so "sack him, sack dem" we go dey hear. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'm sure Keshi, Siasia and of course Rohr would all agree.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Dammy wrote:Let's focus our attention on getting Eberechi Eze, while he's still available. This boy is the real deal, he has put Ayew on the bench for Crystal Palace. I watched him on Match of the Day2 yesterday and the after match analysis focussed on him. The boy is a gem and would give the SE a huge lift.
He is good. I was impressed with his performance against West Brom.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Thank you! We have to look inwards and get more Osimhens, Chukwuezes etc. If the likes of Eze want to join then it becomes a bonus.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

maybe we colonized Pekham while he slept...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I agree, that said, we should go after the boy. He is a cool customer and a superb player. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

airwolex wrote:

I agree, that said, we should go after the boy. He is a cool customer and a superb player. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Having watched the boy since he joined CP, I believe that ship has sailed. He's that good that Southgate will try all di magomago possible to ensure he never dons the GWG.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Showboy wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Having watched the boy since he joined CP, I believe that ship has sailed. He's that good that Southgate will try all di magomago possible to ensure he never dons the GWG.
Eze will get his 3-4 England caps and watch the WC from a pub in Crystal Palace.
OCCUPY NFF!!