National Stadium Lagos to Host Super Eagles Matches Next Yr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
National Stadium Lagos to Host Super Eagles Matches Next Yr

Post by iworo »

Nigeria: National Stadium Lagos to Host Super Eagles Matches Next Year

The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, has assured football stakeholders in the country that the National Stadium pitch in Surulere, Lagos could be ready to host Super Eagles and other International matches by May 2021.

The Minister made this assertion during an inspection tour of the Surulere National Stadium, Lagos which is undergoing rehabilitation.

According to him, "it's high time we had a familiar ground for our national teams. The Moshood Abiola National stadium in Abuja and the

National Stadium in Surulere Lagos will be ready to host matches next year and it will be a major plus to our teams when they have a familiar ground.

"This arrangement is under the adopt initiative which is a public-private model that we developed.

"We were able to pitch that to the private sector. we discussed with a philanthropist and lover of sports Sir Adebutu Kessington, who was convinced about the proposal.

"He is somebody that has the youth of this country at heart and has done so much to support youth and sports development.

"As a form of CSR, he is committed to providing fund at 100 percent and we have no doubt that it will be completed in May."

The minister recalled the many rich history of great footballers that have played on the pitch since it was first used to host the second All Africa Games in 1973.

"The Stadium has a rich history with the likes of Christian Chukwu, Segun Odegbami and host of ex internationals who played in the memorable edifice that hosted so many international competitions.

"The Engineer working on the site has assured that the stadium will be ready for use by May next year," stressed the minister.

Dare also assured all that a maintenance template is in place to ensure that the facility does not go back to its sorry state.

"The Ministry has a department of facility which is building a template for maintenance of the stadium. We have a Facility Manager from the private sector that will work with our department of facility. Maintaining this facility is critical and we are going to take it very serious," he concluded.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2 ... next-year/
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: National Stadium Lagos to Host Super Eagles Matches Next

Post by kalani JR »

wont happen.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

That stadium needs to be demolished.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Hope it pans out, it will be a joy watching the SE in Lagos again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Hope it pans out, it will be a joy watching the SE in Lagos again
I hope so but Lagos of the 90s is gone, cant see the fans being the same.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What happened to Uyo and Abuja? These fools are just wasting money all over the country without any future plans for these stadiums.
OCCUPY NFF!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I am optimistic! :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What happened to Uyo and Abuja? These fools are just wasting money all over the country without any future plans for these stadiums.
The stupid fools decided to name them after themselves rather than sell the naming rights to the likes of MTN and Airtel an use the funds to maintain the facilities.

Typical Nigerians. Pfft! :roll:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What happened to Uyo and Abuja? These fools are just wasting money all over the country without any future plans for these stadiums.
It is not a waste of money. Most leading football countries have numerous football stadia of which we can not boast of. I only hope that they improve the standard of that stadium to a much better state to meet those of the international stature. Possibly cover all the seats and fortify the structure and add more facilities.

We don't want haphazard repair jobs and spend billions (you chop I chop syndrome), and call it a day.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Need a track & field stadium in Lagos so the renovation should benefit football and other sporting events.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Flex Swift wrote:Need a track & field stadium in Lagos so the renovation should benefit football and other sporting events.

Need? Every stadium in Nigeria has a track. We need a brand new stadium like the Bird's next in China we will call it Eagle's Nest.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Need a track & field stadium in Lagos so the renovation should benefit football and other sporting events.

Need? Every stadium in Nigeria has a track. We need a brand new stadium like the Bird's next in China we will call it Eagle's Nest.
I think we need a dedicated football stadium without the track.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kalani JR wrote:wont happen.
Why not?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote:That stadium needs to be demolished.
Why do you think so?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bros, the renovation according to the article, is being financed by a philanthropist at 100%. Thus, no money is being wasted.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lagos has too many distractions for our foreign based Eagles. I would prefer they play at Abuja and Uyo.

But Lagos can be used for Home Eagles, age grade matches and tournaments.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lolly wrote:Lagos has too many distractions for our foreign based Eagles. I would prefer they play at Abuja and Uyo.

They will get used to it and handle it as professionals, just like other professionals having to do business in Lagos at some point. The distractions will turn into an advantage :mrgreen: - if our players get distracted in Lagos, a place that many of them are already familiar with, I wonder what happens to our random opponents? Home sweet home after three or more matches in Surulere! :lol:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote:Lagos has too many distractions for our foreign based Eagles. I would prefer they play at Abuja and Uyo.

I doubt it.
If they allow that to happen then their professionalism needs to be called into question.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

life outside the game(s) is actually a major recruiting incentive in the States.
Nobody wants to travel and play in the bushes.
These are grown men, they should be fine
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

YemiBrazil wrote:

They will get used to it and handle it as professionals, just like other professionals having to do business in Lagos at some point. The distractions will turn into an advantage :mrgreen: - if our players get distracted in Lagos, a place that many of them are already familiar with, I wonder what happens to our random opponents? Home sweet home after three or more matches in Surulere! :lol:
If you’ve ever been around hotels where our SE players are camping, you would understand what I am saying. They are more likely to have friends, family members, hangers on in Lagos who will bombard them. It’s always very difficult for them to have breathing space.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lolly wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

If you’ve ever been around hotels where our SE players are camping, you would understand what I am saying. They are more likely to have friends, family members, hangers on in Lagos who will bombard them. It’s always very difficult for them to have breathing space.
I have, and I understand what you are saying - and I say it's not a problem that can't be handled by professionals - the management and the players :D

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

theYemster wrote:
The stupid fools decided to name them after themselves rather than sell the naming rights to the likes of MTN and Airtel an use the funds to maintain the facilities.

Typical Nigerians. Pfft! :roll:
:rotf: But they can still sell the naming rights and fail to use the money properly,it’s Nigeria where the rich (not wealthy) have poor malnourished minds.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI