Interview With Bolaji Douglas -( Former Captain of BCC Lion)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Interview With Bolaji Douglas -( Former Captain of BCC Lion)

Post by Prince »

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/i ... _YFNnj5r9Q

I found the stories inspiring and the history as well, Well done to Oloye and Amoky.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Interview With Bolaji Douglas -( Former Captain of BCC L

Post by Prince »

Oloye,

Please can you ask BD if he wants to be part of football management in Nigeria. I want to hear more about future for BD before the interview ended
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

2000 fans watching training, Contracts, Being scouted from Club to Club, Coach from Ghana, I think we had a foundation for a thriving local league, Not sure we can get it again, the league started yesterday no pim from anywhere no awareness etc etc
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview. Not to make Oloye feel old, but some of my earliest memories of watching football on TV, was watching BCC Lions play in the Cup Winners Cup and Challenge Cup.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Prince wrote:2000 fans watching training, Contracts, Being scouted from Club to Club, Coach from Ghana, I think we had a foundation for a thriving local league, Not sure we can get it again, the league started yesterday no pim from anywhere no awareness etc etc
It is sad that there is not much of awareness even though they have brought in some new ideas this season. There is NTA coverage and there is also an app with a monthly subscription of 1500naira that gives u access to the games.

I see these as improvements, but without the awareness it amounts to nothing. I think the league can easily get 20m followership, and if they strike a deal with betfair or any of the betting platforms, they would drive the figures upwards. This would be the key for me, but corrupt officiating would have to be sorted out first.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
Prince wrote:2000 fans watching training, Contracts, Being scouted from Club to Club, Coach from Ghana, I think we had a foundation for a thriving local league, Not sure we can get it again, the league started yesterday no pim from anywhere no awareness etc etc
It is sad that there is not much of awareness even though they have brought in some new ideas this season. There is NTA coverage and there is also an app with a monthly subscription of 1500naira that gives u access to the games.

I see these as improvements, but without the awareness it amounts to nothing. I think the league can easily get 20m followership, and if they strike a deal with betfair or any of the betting platforms, they would drive the figures upwards. This would be the key for me, but corrupt officiating would have to be sorted out first.
Please dont destroy our league ooo. It is not only officiating. Expect players, coaches etc to start to 'sell' matches :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”