Sadiq Umar scores hat trick !!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sadiq Umar scores hat trick !!

Post by vancity eagle »

He now has 9 goals in Segunda B and his team is on track for promotion.

I must admit it I thought it was a terrible move for Sadiq, but if they make la liga next season it will have been a brilliant move.

Rohr must think outside the box. He did so with Okoye and look how it has paid off. I believe he can do similar with Sadiq Umar.

A player with pace, technique, the ability to score, dribble, assist, and hold up play.

I dont believe SE currently has a player with all these traits.

Rohr should identify these traits and call Sadiq up despite quite a few players playing at a higher level, I dont believe they possess Sadiq skill and I believe he can be a big hit for SE.

Other than Osimehn, I would prefer no other Nigerian striker.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar scores hat trick !!

Post by Cmoke »

Sodiq is not a soft boy from Europe
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:He now has 9 goals in Segunda B and his team is on track for promotion.

I must admit it I thought it was a terrible move for Sadiq, but if they make la liga next season it will have been a brilliant move.

Rohr must think outside the box. He did so with Okoye and look how it has paid off. I believe he can do similar with Sadiq Umar.

A player with pace, technique, the ability to score, dribble, assist, and hold up play.

Rohr should identify these traits and call Sadiq up despite quite a few players playing at a higher level, I dont believe they possess Sadiq skill and I believe he can be a big hit for SE.

Calling him up wouldn't really be outside the box if you noticed how well he did last season in Serbia with 17 goals and 17 assists, this season hasn't been too different in that regard and we already saw how well he did at the olympics despite being so young. He's probably the closest thing we have to Osimhen in what he brings in the attack, but he's still pretty clumsy which can either work to his advantage or be very frustrating.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Awoniyi , Nacho and onuachu are all ahead of Sadiq unless SE selection is based on the last game we watched on tv.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Awoniyi , Nacho and onuachu are all ahead of Sadiq unless SE selection is based on the last game we watched on tv.
Awoniyi deserves a chance based on form, but does not have the total package like Sadiq

Nacho is a waste of a player, he has been so poor for SE, including missing 2 sitters against SL

Onuachu, the less said the better, he is a basketball player that does not fit into SE playing style. He has had many chances and has sucked so bad.

Sadiq has been on great form the past 2 seasons, chalked up many goals and assists, he offers something completely different. He has earned the right to be given a chance.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:He now has 9 goals in Segunda B and his team is on track for promotion.

Calling him up wouldn't really be outside the box if you noticed how well he did last season in Serbia with 17 goals and 17 assists, this season hasn't been too different in that regard and we already saw how well he did at the olympics despite being so young. He's probably the closest thing we have to Osimhen in what he brings in the attack, but he's still pretty clumsy which can either work to his advantage or be very frustrating.
The emboldened is what I have against him and I suspect this will make him struggle at the highest level. This was the same issue with Yekini earlier on in his career but he grew stronger and improved with age. But Sadiq will get his SE invite at some point in the future.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote:
Sunset wrote:

The emboldened is what I have against him and I suspect this will make him struggle at the highest level. This was the same issue with Yekini earlier on in his career but he grew stronger and improved with age. But Sadiq will get his SE invite at some point in the future.
Many players with long legs look 'clumsy' - and 'slow' for that matter. Especially strikers. Defenders less so.
Interestingly Kanu wasn't one of them, but many thought he was slow simply because he covered more ground per stride than the average player.
Ibrahimovic is another that never looked clumsy.

On the other hand, players like Peter Crouch, Onuachu, Simy Nwankwo and you might remember Brazil's Serginho. They all come or came across as 'clumsy' because of their height but they're probably not as bad as they appear(ed) to be.

I never thought Yekini was clumsy or slow though. But then again, he wasn't in the same height range.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even though he scored the third goal. I don't like what he did on that third goal. Still needs a lot of development. But won't hurt to call him up for a friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Sadiq hasn't broken the barrier between good and great (just like Onyekuru), he needs a breakout season. However, he still has a bit of time on his side, so fingers crossed.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Mr Shows wrote:Sadiq hasn't broken the barrier between good and great (just like Onyekuru), he needs a breakout season. However, he still has a bit of time on his side, so fingers crossed.
Still has better potential than Onyekuru, goal scoring wise.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

ohenhen1 wrote:Even though he scored the third goal. I don't like what he did on that third goal. Still needs a lot of development. But won't hurt to call him up for a friendly.
Me too. That 3rd goal was almost a bad decision
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

What was he trying to do for that 3rd goal?
And the point blank miss for what would have been a 4th.

He is very clumsy but I love his runs and positioning.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scores another two goals in 5-0 routing of La Liga side Alaves in the Copa Del Rey.
Almost gets another hat trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQQZrTBwhc[/video]
Sadiq Umar desperate to beat last season’s record
Seyi Alao 0 January 19, 2021 10:49 am
Sadiq Umar desperate to beat last season’s record

UD Almeria Striker, Sadiq Umar says he’s eager to carry-on scoring goals for the club and help them return to the top flight division.
Sadiq scored a brace against Alaves last weekend to extend his tally eleven goals in all competitions this season.

The forward, who scored 17 goals in all competitions for Serbian side Partizan Belgrade last season, said his target is to beat last season’s tally.

“My target is to beat the last year goals and now I have done it and without limits, I just have to keep on going and see where I will arrive,” he explained.

The Nigerian forward added that the team keeps improving and the victory over Alaves in the Copa Del Rey is a testament.

“We don’t bother ourselves thinking we want to play a first division team because of the commitment we have between us, we just want a test higher and we did past the test and now, it gives us more confidence in the team which keeps us going,” he said.

https://www.brila.net/sadiq-umar-desper ... ns-record/
Almeira are now third in La Segunda, one point behind second placed Mallorca with a game in hand.
Alaves are 17th out of 20 in La Liga.
Huesca are bottom.

Who should be on Rohr's next list for central striker alongside Osimhen?

- Onuachu?
- Sadiq?
- Awoniyi?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cito wrote:
What was he trying to do for that 3rd goal?
And the point blank miss for what would have been a 4th.

He is very clumsy but I love his runs and positioning.
Okocha :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sadiq should be our #2 striker.

He should be ahead of Awoniyi and basketball player IMO.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:Sadiq should be our #2 striker.

At least get the chance to stake a claim...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:

You people need to make up your mind. You claim SE players should play in the top 5 leagues to get a call call but as soon as a player scores in a Yeye league you want Rohr to call him. Which one is it? There's no justification for calling Sadiq over Nacho, Awoniyi or Onuachu unless they're injured.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

You people need to make up your mind. You claim SE players should play in the top 5 leagues to get a call call but as soon as a player scores in a Yeye league you want Rohr to call him. Which one is it? There's no justification for calling Sadiq over Nacho, Awoniyi or Onuachu unless they're injured.
Are you making this argument based on FORM or just plain sentiments?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Are you making this argument based on FORM or just plain sentiments?

Both. Awoniyi and Onuachu are in good form in better leagues. Have you ever heard of Top national teams using Div 2 players because they're in form? If so pls name them. There's a reason why some players play in Div 1 and others in Div 2. Unless we're calling a div2 player to cap tie him or we have no option, all SE players should be in Top leagues.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Vardy was called up for England in his last season in the Championship.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:

First can you tell us how many of our starters are playing in top 5 leagues? Also, Onuachu wasn’t playing in a top 5 league when he was given a chance to stake a claim along with others like Otabor and more. Just asking for some consistency here.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

First can you tell us how many of our starters are playing in top 5 leagues? Also, Onuachu wasn’t playing in a top 5 league when he was given a chance to stake a claim along with others like Otabor and more. Just asking for some consistency here.
We didn't have many options then as Nacho was rarely active and out of form, it made sense to look elsewhere at that point but Onuachu was not chosen ahead of a top 5 striker that was active. Sometimes we don't have options but when you have Awoniyi and Onuachu banging in goals in better leagues there's no need to look to a Div 2 player unless it's to cap tie him.

As for SE players in Top 5 leagues, we have Nacho,Osihmen, Nwankwo,, Awoniyi, Arokodare, Moffi, and Maja. Sadiq has been around longer and he's still in div 2. The guy started at Roma, how many players end up at a div 2 team from Roma for Peet's sake?
OCCUPY NFF!!