I heard Onuachu is leaving Genk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
I heard Onuachu is leaving Genk

Post by highbury »

I don't know how true it is. But it appears he is leaving.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: I heard Onuachu is leaving Genk

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:I don't know how true it is. But it appears he is leaving.
mods this dude just posted a baseless post with no links. I think the thread should be locked. This is how trump was spreading fake news
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods leave the thread for now :roll:
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:I don't know how true it is. But it appears he is leaving.
mods this dude just posted a baseless post with no links. I think the thread should be locked. This is how trump was spreading fake news
Ok
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Clown :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

highbury wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Clown :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Water go soon reach its level.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:Water go soon reach its level.
But this one is looking like a flood. Lyon no be moin moin club. Kai.... this basketball business is good o. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

A good move if it materialises. Now we will see if Onuachu is really a good striker. No disrespect to the Belgian league, but it's more of a feeder league for the bigger European leagues or a league where players come on loan from the stronger leagues to gain experience. Belgium is where Nigerian strikers go to pad their stats and revive their career. That worked for the likes of Osimhen and Awoniyi.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

olu wrote:A good move if it materialises. Now we will see if Onuachu is really a good striker. No disrespect to the Belgian league, but it's more of a feeder league for the bigger European leagues or a league where players come on loan from the stronger leagues to gain experience. Belgium is where Nigerian strikers go to pad their stats and revive their career. That worked for the likes of Osimhen and Awoniyi.
To the keen observer, it is quite evident that Onuachu is a great player. I don't know in totality why it has not worked out for him with SE. I think the coaching and tactics has certainly played a role. Lyon, didn't buy him because of his looks but based of what they see and statistical evidence. People can yab him that na Basketball player but he is quality. I won't be surprised if he does better than Osimhen in Ligue 1. I think he has more tools than Osimhen. I also firmly believe that if he attains the level of comfort knowing that Coaches have full confidence in him, it will translate to good performance for SE. I am happy for the young man's move and I wish him great success with no injuries in this new chapter of his life.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:
olu wrote:A good move if it materialises. Now we will see if Onuachu is really a good striker. No disrespect to the Belgian league, but it's more of a feeder league for the bigger European leagues or a league where players come on loan from the stronger leagues to gain experience. Belgium is where Nigerian strikers go to pad their stats and revive their career. That worked for the likes of Osimhen and Awoniyi.
To the keen observer, it is quite evident that Onuachu is a great player. I don't know in totality why it has not worked out for him with SE. I think the coaching and tactics has certainly played a role. Lyon, didn't buy him because of his looks but based of what they see and statistical evidence. People can yab him that na Basketball player but he is quality. I won't be surprised if he does better than Osimhen in Ligue 1. I think he has more tools than Osimhen. I also firmly believe that if he attains the level of comfort knowing that Coaches have full confidence in him, it will translate to good performance for SE. I am happy for the young man's move and I wish him great success with no injuries in this new chapter of his life.
I pray he is able to recreate his prowess in another (higher) league.
That's the real test....just like Osimhen.

We wish him good luck. His success is Nigeria's success. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote:
highbury,

I think Onuachu can be good but there are a few things that must happen for him to excel. First, he really has to let the game come to him instead of being in a haste to score when playing for Nigeria. Secondly, he is really not that good with the ball at his fee and thus the team has to play to his strengths for him to be successful when playing for Nigeria. Finally, it is hard for anyone, let alone Onuachu, to be successful when playing irregular minutes.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

didn't lyon just sign slamini?
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:didn't lyon just sign slamini?
No, they signed Slimane.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:didn't lyon just sign slamini?
No, they signed Slimane.
typo, i meant the Algerian from Leicester
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Enugu II wrote:
highbury wrote:
highbury,

I think Onuachu can be good but there are a few things that must happen for him to excel. First, he really has to let the game come to him instead of being in a haste to score when playing for Nigeria. Secondly, he is really not that good with the ball at his fee and thus the team has to play to his strengths for him to be successful when playing for Nigeria. Finally, it is hard for anyone, let alone Onuachu, to be successful when playing irregular minutes.
Enugu II, your point is well taken :clap: :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So....this move wasn't a slam dunk? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Personally I would like him to move to a better league which would provide a better assessment .Jospeh Akpala was top scorer for years in Belgium but was found out once he step up in class moving to Germany. Henry Onyeruru was also top scorer but failed in France he only appears to make an impact in weak leagues example Turkey and Belgium.. Nigeria needs a way to pick the very best strikers available. The late Bruno Metsu used to hold training sessions in the off season for Senegalese football players in Europe. Is this something we should try?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:Personally I would like him to move to a better league which would provide a better assessment .Jospeh Akpala was top scorer for years in Belgium but was found out once he step up in class moving to Germany. Henry Onyeruru was also top scorer but failed in France he only appears to make an impact in weak leagues example Turkey and Belgium.. Nigeria needs a way to pick the very best strikers available. The late Bruno Metsu used to hold training sessions in the off season for Senegalese football players in Europe. Is this something we should try?
Why was this?
Players need off-season rest for optimal performance.
The UD Ulmeira coach is trying a new experiment: he hardly plays any player in two successive games.
So far, he is getting excellent results. He says its about the recovery time after each game.

In Almeria, the turnover revolution
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

maceo4 wrote:So....this move wasn't a slam dunk? :???:
Na bro, dude was called back for traveling...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jungle-jawara wrote:
maceo4 wrote:So....this move wasn't a slam dunk? :???:
Na bro, dude was called back for traveling...
Kai :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: , I thought these type of calls don't happen to 'super stars'...hmm :mrgreen:

BTW, I heard he's off to Liverpool....where he'll never 'walk' alone :winking:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Personally I would like him to move to a better league which would provide a better assessment .Jospeh Akpala was top scorer for years in Belgium but was found out once he step up in class moving to Germany. Henry Onyeruru was also top scorer but failed in France he only appears to make an impact in weak leagues example Turkey and Belgium.. Nigeria needs a way to pick the very best strikers available. The late Bruno Metsu used to hold training sessions in the off season for Senegalese football players in Europe. Is this something we should try?
Why was this?
Players need off-season rest for optimal performance.
The UD Ulmeira coach is trying a new experiment: he hardly plays any player in two successive games.
So far, he is getting excellent results. He says its about the recovery time after each game.

In Almeria, the turnover revolution
The training session would last no longer than one week and it would be to access all the available strikers. Currently we have so many but have no way of evaluating them other than during friendlies or during qualifiers but can only call a few at a time. The sessions can also include conference meeting where the coach explains his football philosophy and obtains feedback. I think Nigeria has try something different to select the best or best suited players to our system.